Spencer Kobren Speak With Dr. Coen Gho - Is Hair Stem Cell Transplantation(HST) The

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbtadmin
    Administrator
    • Sep 2008

Spencer Kobren Speak With Dr. Coen Gho - Is Hair Stem Cell Transplantation(HST) The

Spencer Kobren speaks with Dr. Coen Gho, about the current status and efficacy of his proprietary hair restoration technique, Hair Stemcell Transplantation (HST). For daily updates on the world of hair loss follow Spencer Kobren on Twitter @spencerkobren Subscribe: iTunes (audio) | iTunes (video) | Zune (audio) | Zune (video) | RSS (audio) | RSS [...]Spencer Kobren Speak With Dr. Coen Gho – Is Hair Stemcell Transplantation(HST) The Future of Hair Restoration? is a post from: Hair Loss Show: The Bald Truth

More...
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

I come away from this with some confirmations - from Dr. Gho himself.

1) Dr. Gho admits that he cannot restore full density. The degree in density restoration from his treatment is not much better than traditional FUT hair transplantation - if better at all.

2) Regeneration realistically takes about seven years and therefore it will be several years before Dr. Gho will be able to prove regeneration in any truly significant way (non-microscopic photographic evidence).

3) Even Dr. Gho realizes that it is not a good idea to restore a male to a Norwood I.

4) Even Dr. Gho realizes that hair transplantation is not a good idea for patients who are younger than their 30's and less than a Norwood III.

I gained a lot of respect for Dr. Gho with this interview.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
      I come away from this with some confirmations - from Dr. Gho himself.

1) Dr. Gho admits that he cannot restore full density. The degree in density restoration from his treatment is not much better than traditional FUT hair transplantation - if better at all.

2) Regeneration realistically takes about seven years and therefore it will be several years before Dr. Gho will be able to prove regeneration in any truly significant way (non-microscopic photographic evidence).

3) Even Dr. Gho realizes that it is not a good idea to restore a male to a Norwood I.

4) Even Dr. Gho realizes that hair transplantation is not a good idea for patients who are younger than their 30's and less than a Norwood III.

I gained a lot of respect for Dr. Gho with this interview.
      Yeah, so much for the holy grail in HT treatment.

Than again, maybe Gho is just being over conservative. There are some HT drs like this, such as Bernstein.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
        Yeah, so much for the holy grail in HT treatment.
        No form of hair transplantation will ever be "the Holy Grail" of hair restoration. Non-surgical regeneration such as Histogen (injections alone) will be the "Holy Grail" with Replicel's minimal surgical process (punch + injections) not far behind.

However, even though 50% to 60% density restoration is not much better than traditional FUT, it is still significant.

I should have added a fifth confirmation to my post above...

5) Dr. Gho himself confirmed that he can achieve a better harvest from a previous FUT patient than he can from a previous FUE patient. That is a very important point for those of us who have already had a procedure - or those who are considering a procedure in the near future.

Comment

• Oct 2011

5) Dr. Gho himself confirmed that he can achieve a better harvest from a previous FUT patient than he can from a previous FUE patient. That is a very important point for those of us who have already had a procedure - or those who are considering a procedure in the near future.
          Sure, because the donor area is much bigger thereafter than before ... sure ...

... and therefore he can harvest MUCH MORE HST grafts per procedure, sure.

Wake up girlie.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

No form of hair transplantation will ever be "the Holy Grail" of hair restoration. Non-surgical regeneration such as Histogen (injections alone) will be the "Holy Grail" with Replicel's minimal surgical process (punch + injections) not far behind.

However, even though 50% to 60% density restoration is not much better than traditional FUT, it is still significant.

If I have to wear a concealer, it is not worth the time or aggrevation.

Disappointed. I was expecting at least 70 or even 80% with this.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Also I dont understand why Gho doesn't train up Doctors like:

Ferundi and kessel

Who are based in Europe.

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by 534623
                Wake up girlie.
                I have obviously been much more awake about this you have been. Maybe you should watch the interview again and try to stay awake this time.

BTW, there is absolutely no need for the gross pictures.

If I have to wear a concealer, it is not worth the time or aggrevation.
                Then you might as well shave your head and move on with your life.

Disappointed. I was expecting at least 70 or even 80% with this.
                That is not likely to ever happen with transplantation. Wait for Histogen and Replicel if that is what you need to be happy.

Also I dont understand why Gho doesn't train up Doctors like:
                Then you should probably watch the interview again. Dr. Gho clearly explained the profile of the doctors he wants to train.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

I have obviously been much more awake about this you have been. Maybe you should watch the interview again and try to stay awake this time.

BTW, there is absolutely no need for the gross pictures.

Then you might as well shave your head and move on with your life.
                  At a NW2 with thick hair, not going to happen.

That is not likely to ever happen with transplantation. Wait for Histogen and Replicel if that is what you need to be happy.
                  I am.

And btw histogen is no magic cure, it is only effective on hair that is thinning not slick bald scalp.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

At a NW2 with thick hair, not going to happen.
                    Then why are you even here. Go out and live your life to the fullest.

And btw histogen is no magic cure, it is only effective on hair that is thinning not slick bald scalp.
                    That is pure uninformed speculation that makes no sense at all and has no merit. If the treatment repairs follicles, it repairs follicles. It does not make any sense that it could not work on a slick bald head. The injections don't care if the scalp is slick bald or not. If it works, it works. You are paying too much attention to people who obviously have no clue about what they talk about and not enough attention to those few people who actually do have clue about what they are talking about. I have no idea why you are doing this - but whatever. Knock yourself out.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Then why are you even here. Go out and live your life to the fullest.

That is pure uninformed speculation that makes no sense at all and has no merit. If the treatment repairs follicles, it repairs follicles. It does not make any sense that it could not work on a slick bald head. The injections don't care if the scalp is slick bald or not. If it works, it works. You are paying too much attention to people who obviously have no clue about what they talk about and not enough attention to those few people who actually do have clue about what they are talking about. I have no idea why you are doing this - but whatever. Knock yourself out.
                      Have you even seen their latest results?

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Have you even seen their latest results?
                        Of course I have. I am paying a whole lot more attention than you are. I also know how to interpret data. You obviously do not.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

Of course I have. I am paying a whole lot more attention than you are. I also know how to interpret data. You obviously do not.
                          Boy, you are so conceited.

Comment

• JJJJrS
                            • Apr 2012

First, I'd like to thank Spencer for the interesting interview. I think nearly all of the key issues remaining from the first interview were addressed.

The most interesting things from my perspective:

- After regeneration, the hair root becomes slightly "modified". Although it is possible to extract this follicle during subsequent procedures two, three times, it is a little more difficult.

- Dr. Gho mentions a patient who has had 9 procedures over 7 years and 13k transplanted grafts, who now has a full head of hair and minimal loss of density in the donor area. He promises at least 80-90% donor regeneration with HST.

- Dr. Gho describes the procedure as producing no visible scarring, citing recent patients who have shaved their donor area after the procedure as examples.

- A limiting factor is how densely Gho is willing to pack the grafts. The maximum density he will transplant is 50-60%, sometimes 70%, of the original density, based on the patient.

- Dr. Gho does not seem to have any plans to train existing hair transplant surgeons in HST. He seems to have a strong preference for new medical doctors who do not come from the hair transplant field.

- A new clinic is opening in Jakarta, Indonesia and possibly Singapore in the future. However, the chances of him offering the procedure in the US in the near future is low due to FDA approval for an ingredient in his "hair fertilizing solution."

- Spencer seems interested in visiting HASCI possibly next year and documenting a procedure, possibly live, at the clinic.

Comment

• Oct 2011

I am paying a whole lot more attention than you are.
                              I also know how to interpret data. You obviously do not.
                              Coooool.

1) Please interpret my interpretation in this thread:

I had 2 questions in this Histogen thread (http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpost.php?p=86073&postcount=70) Anyway, here are the answers: According to the inventor of the TrichoScan device (they also used this device during Histogens clinical trails) in this paper http://trichoscan.com/media/download/validati

2) Thereafter, please try also to interpret Dr. Cole's Histogen-Images-Interpretation - and google "Caution Advised Regarding Hair Marketing Campaigns".

3) Let us know your final interpretation.

Comment

Working...