Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Average donor density is about 80g/cm2..some have more and some less

he said that 50-60 g/cm2 is possible with hst and sometimes 70 grafts per cm2

in most cases 50-60 grafts per cm2 is more than 50% of density , its more like 70% of original density
    I see - and how much donor hair on average do we have in total?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I see - and how much donor hair on average do we have in total?
    Between 4000-7000 grafts of usable donor on average, some have 9000

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Between 4000-7000 grafts of usable donor on average, some have 9000
    And gho does 13000?

Double - that makes sense.

its possible but he didnt show photo, should we just believe him coz he seems like a nice guy?

I understand that guy wants to remain anonimous but there are other 5000 patients, couldnt he buy some off?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    So that gives you the excuse to act like a conceited jerk?
    I don't act like a conceited jerk. I don't even think like a conceited jerk.

I have always been skeptical about this, even though I am interested and I sincerely hope it is a success.

But I must admit, I find it very strange that someone can claim to have 5000happy patients, but yet has not produced any formal proof to back up this claim.

If the clinic had put out hundreds of before and afters of high documentation with clear pictures & videos of the progress like some of the leading clinics do,it would remove a lot of the questions we have been asking for a while. I have not really been impressed with any of the results I have seen, but this maybe due to his conservative approach.

I think the hypothetical 13000 grafts in the hands of one of the leading surgeons would definitely aid results significantly. But for a surgeon who states he is conservative, and my added opinion that he is not as technically gifted as a large number of surgeons at creating the illusion of density by strategically placing the grafts, it will leave patients unhappy.

The USP is the regeneration of donor supply. Without that, it is just an average clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I don't act like a conceited jerk. I don't even think like a conceited jerk.
    You're pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    I have always been skeptical about this, even though I am interested and I sincerely hope it is a success.

But I must admit, I find it very strange that someone can claim to have 5000happy patients, but yet has not produced any formal proof to back up this claim.

If the clinic had put out hundreds of before and afters of high documentation with clear pictures & videos of the progress like some of the leading clinics do,it would remove a lot of the questions we have been asking for a while. I have not really been impressed with any of the results I have seen, but this maybe due to his conservative approach.

I think the hypothetical 13000 grafts in the hands of one of the leading surgeons would definitely aid results significantly. But for a surgeon who states he is conservative, and my added opinion that he is not as technically gifted as a large number of surgeons at creating the illusion of density by strategically placing the grafts, it will leave patients unhappy.

The USP is the regeneration of donor supply. Without that, it is just an average clinic.

I m guessing there would be guys out there who had 9,10,11k grafts done by hasci

when you think 5 000 patients is a big number and only a few came on forum to share their results.

why Gho thinks photos are not important?

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post

I am having a hard time understanding is the first of his 4 reasons that this method is not being brought to the USA.

To paraphrase ,
    Dr Gho said that 'some materials and instruments have a special (?) medium that cant be used in USA'

I could not understand what the (?) word was.
    Further more whatever it is, why would it not be allowed by the FDA?
    This is actually easy to explain – because between Dr. Gho’s “fertilizer solution” and for example Histogen’s “Hair Stimulating Complex” or any other NEW and unknown “solution” on the medical market, there is basically no difference from the FDA’s point of view and their regulations.

In detail …
    For example, one (and just ONE!!) of Dr. Gho’s main components/ingredients for his “miracle storage solution” (aka fertilizer) is human serum albumin (HSA).
    HSA is (in general) widely used in clinical and cell culture applications all over the world. But simply “HSA” as such doesn’t exist – at least not for any health authorities like the FDA. That means, if someone is talking about “human serum albumin”, for clinical applications it always depends on WHO, in fact, is the approved producer/manufacture of "HSA"…

Human serum albumin is basically a sterile, liquid preparation of albumin, derived from large pools of human plasma. All units of this human plasma used in the manufacture of human albumin by any pharma company, MUST be provided by FDA-approved blood establishments only. For the manufacture of “HSA”, the latter is priority #1 – the usage of human plasma from FDA-approved blood establishments only. But this is still not enough for the FDA …
    The final product of “HSA” produced by such a manufacture/pharma company must be approved by health authorities, like the FDA, IN ADDITION!

For example...
    http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Biologi.../UCM211622.pdf

In this case, the manufacture of “HSA” is a pharma company in Austria – they got approval for their "HSA" product from the American FDA. But this doesn’t mean that they got approval for their product not even in Austria (I don’t know). So I think you guys understand now how complicated all this is – just due to 1 component/ingredient of a final product.
    But what exactly is the “final product” where one of its components is e.g. HSA?
    How about all the other components? Are they also already FDA cleared?
    How about the “final product” as such? Is it safe?

Fictitious example:

1 component of a final product is WATER;
    1 component of a final product is CEMENT;

If you mix these two components – what will be the final product? Is it possible that the MIXTURE of these 2 components (= final product) can harm more than just water or cement alone? You will know it if you drive with 100 mph’s against it …

Anyway, concerning Dr. Gho’s fertilizer solution, the FDA doesn’t have all the answers to all mentioned questions in this post. The same counts for evey other new or unknown "solution" or "complex" on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    And also, Spencer confirmed what I suspected to be true with Gho's method: that after you pluck a follicle, the follicle that supposedly regenerates in its place is a degraded version of the original follicle.
    Nothing like this was confirmed.

It's funny how people on both sides only heard what they wanted to hear with this interview.