Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I agree with Amadeus. We are all really in dire need for a much better treatment for hair loss but I'm not convinced that Gho has it either. I never jumped on the Gho bandwagon because I simply don't believe that any form of hair transplantation is the answer that the majority of us are looking for. Even if Gho is able to regenerate donor hair, it would take lots and lots of hair transplants just to achieve anything close to a full head of hair, especially on a Norwood 6 or 7. And this wouldn't even work for thinning areas of the scalp, which would be prone to shock loss.

What we really need is some kind of stem cell hair regrowth (what Aderans and Replicel are working on) or a way to activate dormant hair follicles (what Histogen is working on). If something like this would be brought to the mainstream, it would be beyond awesome: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8. But I really think lots of doctors have tunnel vision; they exclusively perform hair transplants and nothing else, and do not look into any kind of new and non-surgical methods to regrow hair. I really believe that is because hair transplants generate loads and loads of money. We really need non- or minimally-invasive methods to regrow hair or stimulate its regrowth, not simply relocate it from one place to another.
    Of course, I totally agree that some type of injection that would restore your original density, or the hairs that are currently in miniaturization to a full level, would be the ideal treatment.

Hair transplants depend on the skill of your surgeon, so the final aesthetic results will always depend on the artistic skill of the surgeon, regardless of how big your donor supply is.

At the same time, I think the injection I described is unfortunately decades away. I really have no faith in Replicel and Histogen after the recent results and pictures they posted.

At this point, I'm more interested in enjoying my hair now instead of waiting until I'm 40-50 years old for some miracle cure. In the end you have to make due with what what's available and ask yourself whether it's worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    What I am having a hard time understanding is the first of his 4 reasons that this method is not being brought to the USA.

To paraphrase ,
    Dr Gho said that 'some materials and instruments have a special (?) medium that cant be used in USA'

I could not understand what the (?) word was.
    Further more whatever it is, why would it not be allowed by the FDA?
    I think the word he uses is "preservation."

After extracting the grafts and before implanting them in the recipient area, HASCI stores the grafts in a special preservation medium which apparently increases the grafts' chances of survival and is essential to the success of the procedure.

According to Ghos' paper:

The medium is composed of the following ingredients: sodium chloride, potassium chloride, magnesium sulphate, sodium phosphate, calcium chloride, glucose, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lactate, sodium pyruvate, human serum albumin, insulin, bis(maltolato)oxovanadium (BMOV) and alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) (Hair Science Institute).
    One of those ingredients apparently isn't allowed in the US. I'm not exactly sure but I believe the ingredient that is causing the problems is human serum albumin.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    TBH I wouldn't be bothered if it hits the US or not, simply because if it only regeneates 50-60 percent then it is not that much better then FUE.FUT.
    During the interview he says that a minimum 80-90% of the extracted grafts regenerate. If that's true, then it's obviosuly a much, much better procedure than FUE or FUT, which have 0% regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Certainly not everyone. Just people with attitudes like yours.
    Let me rephrase:

"Just with people whose attitude contradicts mine"

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post

During the interview he says that a minimum 80-90% of the extracted grafts regenerate. If that's true, then it's obviosuly a much, much better procedure than FUE or FUT, which have 0% regeneration.
    Then why is the density only 50-60%. BTW at 50% is when you first start noticing thinning.

Maybe a better question to ask, what density can NW6s achieve when maxed out of their donor?

My attitude is actually not the problem.

I do not use an arrogant tone nor are there arrogant tones in my thoughts. If you are hearing an arrogant tone, it is coming from within your own head.

Actually, it's not that many - and those that have don't really matter much.
    If I really could be bothered. Which I am not. I can go through your post achieve and find at least 5+ different posters falling out with you.

Then why is the density only 50-60%.
    You really need to learn how to pay attention if you are going to participate in discussions. That is the achievable density of the recipient area. The reason that is the achievable density is because that is the maximum density that can be safely planted into the recipient area.

BTW at 50% is when you first start noticing thinning.
    For some people yes. It depends on the texture of their hair. However, 50% density is all that is needed to achieve the look of a full head of hair.

Maybe a better question to ask, what density can NW6s achieve when maxed out of their donor?
    Regardless of how much area needs to be covered, the maximum density is between 50% and 60%.

I can go through your post achieve and find at least 5+ different posters falling out with you.
    5, 10, 15, 20 or more, it is still an insignificant number. It does not matter how many anyways because whoever they are they just don't matter. I get tons of PM's from members telling me how much they appreciate me and that they want me to stick around in spite of these jerks - yes I am not the only one who realizes that these people are jerks. Spencer himself encourages me to stick around here. He has even done so during the show. So guess what?..

Let me rephrase:

"Just with people whose attitude contradicts mine"
    You are reaching into thin air - yet there is nothing to grasp.

Average donor density is about 80g/cm2..some have more and some less

he said that 50-60 g/cm2 is possible with hst and sometimes 70 grafts per cm2

in most cases 50-60 grafts per cm2 is more than 50% of density , its more like 70% of original density

You really need to learn how to pay attention if you are going to participate in discussions. That is the achievable density of the recipient area. The reason that is the achievable density is because that is the maximum density that can be safely planted into the recipient area.

For some people yes. It depends on the texture of their hair. However, 50% density is all that is needed to achieve the look of a full head of hair.

Regardless of how much area needs to be covered, the maximum density is between 50% and 60%.
    Stop being so patronising; you can make the point without doing so.

**** - its annoying.

Spencer himself encourages me to stick around here. He has even done so during the show. So guess what?..
    So that gives you the excuse to act like a conceited jerk?