Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I think it was good, and Spencer asked all the right questions.

I think the interview was excellent and very telling to say the least. Personally I think Tracy is right on point with her assessment. We are all desperate for a better technique, but I am in no way convinced that HST is it.

I was a little taken aback at Gho's uncomfortable response when Kobren asked if he had photos of the patient who had 9 procedures over a 7 year time period. We all know that anyone will sign off on non-identifying clinical images and most doctors, especially those who are trying to revolutionize an industry would have solid documentation of such a significant medical achievement. He says that this patient now has a full head of hair, so I guess we should all just take his word for it right?

Another issue I had was when Gho claimed to have 5000 happy patients. Where is all of the documentation? How does every hair transplant surgeon on the planet have the ability to document their patient results time and time again, but Gho can't seem to accomplish this? Also, in order to have performed over 5000 procedures in the 7 years since HST has been released, he would have to perform an average of 714 transplants a year. Since he claims to only perform one case per day and only relatively recently (past couple of years) trained new doctors, how could this be possible, even if they work 365 day per year?

Like tracy said, I do respect Dr. Gho for doing the interview with Spencer, but his presentation just does not add up. Just because he says he can regenerate a 3 hair follicular unit, does not mean that he can! Now I am not saying that he can't, but this is not proof.

Another issue is how does he know when he is going back into the same follicle that was previously harvested? If there is no scaring or markings indicating that he had been there before, the truth is he can not know. There is really no logical explanation as to how he could decipher if he is re-utilizing a previously extracted follicle. It would be more of a hit or miss scenario since he is harvesting the same area, he must just assume that some of the tissue is coming from previously use follicles, but there is no way he can be sure.

I really did think that this was a great interview. Spencer asked all of the right questions and I think that we got some telling responses from Dr. Gho. We can not just take Dr. Gho's word for this. In my opinion, things just don't fully add up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    I think the interview was excellent and very telling to say the least. Personally I think Tracy is right on point with her assessment.
    [Post removed]

As stated before, BTT intends to fully comply with Dr. Gho's request to discourage and moderate inappropriate, inaccurate, disparaging, intentionally argumentative and defamatory commentary concerning his colleagues, and other available hair restoration techniques (FUE/FUT) in relation to HST or Dr. Coen Gho himself.
    Last edited by Winston; 11-09-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I had listened to the Gho interview a few times last night.
    I THANK Spencer for taking the time to do this and I was moderately impressed overall.
    Tracy, your points are very valid and I thank you for creating this post.
    What I am having a hard time understanding is the first of his 4 reasons that this method is not being brought to the USA.

To paraphrase ,
    Dr Gho said that 'some materials and instruments have a special (?) medium that cant be used in USA'

I could not understand what the (?) word was.
    Further more whatever it is, why would it not be allowed by the FDA?

One last thing, I do not understand why some of you have been criticizing Tracy here. She makes valid points in re to this topic and I respect the woman. Is it due to a personal thing from earlier conversations? NOT that i want to side track the Gho topic.

Back to the Gho limitations ..anyone have an answer to my question? Thanks.
    We criticise Tracey because she has an attitude problem.

She can't seem to speak to people without having an arrogant tone about her.

If used to think it was me, but she falls out with a lot of posters on here

TBH I wouldn't be bothered if it hits the US or not, simply because if it only regeneates 50-60 percent then it is not that much better then FUE.FUT.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Sure, because the donor area is much bigger thereafter than before ... sure ...

... and therefore he can harvest MUCH MORE HST grafts per procedure, sure.

Wake up girlie.
    Bro, I just threw up my lunch!

Is this a process of a HT??

I agree with Amadeus. We are all really in dire need for a much better treatment for hair loss but I'm not convinced that Gho has it either. I never jumped on the Gho bandwagon because I simply don't believe that any form of hair transplantation is the answer that the majority of us are looking for. Even if Gho is able to regenerate donor hair, it would take lots and lots of hair transplants just to achieve anything close to a full head of hair, especially on a Norwood 6 or 7. And this wouldn't even work for thinning areas of the scalp, which would be prone to shock loss.

What we really need is some kind of stem cell hair regrowth (what Aderans and Replicel are working on) or a way to activate dormant hair follicles (what Histogen is working on). If something like this would be brought to the mainstream, it would be beyond awesome: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8. But I really think lots of doctors have tunnel vision; they exclusively perform hair transplants and nothing else, and do not look into any kind of new and non-surgical methods to regrow hair. I really believe that is because hair transplants generate loads and loads of money. We really need non- or minimally-invasive methods to regrow hair or stimulate its regrowth, not simply relocate it from one place to another.

And also, Spencer confirmed what I suspected to be true with Gho's method: that after you pluck a follicle, the follicle that supposedly regenerates in its place is a degraded version of the original follicle.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Coooool.

1) Please interpret my interpretation in this thread.
    This question highlights why I want to see non-microscopic photos of Dr. Gho's results. Since hair follicles have cycles of growth, shedding and resting, it is basically impossible to do direct microscopic side-by-side comparisons of photos that are three months or more apart.

A very important detail you need to take into consideration is that 3 months is plenty long enough for hair follicles to go into a different phase of their cycles. It is not at all likely that all the hair follicles that were present in the first picture actually have hairs poking out of them in the second picture. Close examination of the two photos does reveal that you are not seeing all the same hairs in both pictures. That is to be expected because hair follicles are not static and they all cycle at different times.

Another very important detail is that every treatment for hair loss induces a period of shedding. This also reduces the possibility that you are looking at the exact same hairs in the second picture that you can see in the first picture. Again, close examination of the two photos does reveal that you are not seeing all the same hairs in both pictures. And again, this is to be expected.

I do find it interesting that you arrived at the exact same hair count as before. That is very interesting indeed, but still inconclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Yeah - no wonder why you fall out with everyone
    Certainly not everyone. Just people with attitudes like yours.

We criticise Tracey because she has an attitude problem.
    My attitude is actually not the problem.

She can't seem to speak to people without having an arrogant tone about her.
    I do not use an arrogant tone nor are there arrogant tones in my thoughts. If you are hearing an arrogant tone, it is coming from within your own head.

If used to think it was me, but she falls out with a lot of posters on here
    Actually, it's not that many - and those that have don't really matter much.