+ Reply to Thread

Default I know It's rare as hell, sides coming off fin

So I've decided to stop taking fin and am currently tapering off, down from .5mg to .25, bout to start doing that every other day.

I've been up for 36 hours doing an assignment so I attribute this largely to stress and lack of sleep but I've been freaking out about getting sides when i come off, the whole 2 weeks then crash post finasteride syndrome thing.

I just want some piece of mind, this is really rare right? Like even more rare than sides on the drug? I don't have any sides on the drug but am getting off due to fear of future sides, hair's not worth it. Does the fact that I have no sides mean I'm less likely to get them coming off? I mean before i started my DHT was near the max acceptable level so my body should be able to tolerate a high level of DHT when it all comes flooding back.

In in the same boat, I'm not tapering off though as apparently anything above 0.02mg works the same, but I'm scared of this crash, sorry to bring up a old thread, but this asks the question well!

You were fine on fin and you decided to stop? Then you fear stopping fin even more? This fear mongering really infected so many of us. Keep us updated and stay mentally sane the placebo effect is powerful you will be fine.

Thanks the reply. I've had low libido emotional bluntness for the last 5ish months, been on fin for 18 months in total, as it hasn't improved I think it's best to quit at least for a time to see if it is fin or not. I'm quite scared of post finasteride syndrome, just looking for reassurance that the chances of it happening are small, isnitbnore common in young people as our dht levels will rise higher than a older patient, does it make it more likely out endocrine system will crash?

Quote Originally Posted by JFols View Post
    Thanks the reply. I've had low libido emotional bluntness for the last 5ish months, been on fin for 18 months in total, as it hasn't improved I think it's best to quit at least for a time to see if it is fin or not. I'm quite scared of post finasteride syndrome, just looking for reassurance that the chances of it happening are small, isnitbnore common in young people as our dht levels will rise higher than a older patient, does it make it more likely out endocrine system will crash?
    I came fully off a few months ago and still deal with some sides. My guys are more or less starting to hang down again "most of the time" but i still get pain in the balls (literally).

I hope I dont become one of those permanent sides guys.

A year after having taken fin and I still have gyno.

Go figure.

Did they arise or worsen AFTER quitting or while taking ?

Quote Originally Posted by JFols View Post
    Did they arise or worsen AFTER quitting or while taking ?
    well the reason i stopped was due to the sides arising during. after stopping both times i kind of taper up and down. I think things will inevitably go to normal (as normal as normal will be from here on in) but it will be bumpy. To bad because it did help my hair so much.