Spectral DNC: Is it worth it? Anyone had success with it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avodart
    • Nov 2012

Spectral DNC: Is it worth it? Anyone had success with it?

Hey guys,

Im considering giving Spectral DNC a try...

Has anyone used it and had some kind of positive results?
  • StayThick
    • Oct 2012

Used way back in the day...actually it was the first topical or hairloss treatment I ever bought and used. I thought the product was great when it first came out. However, it starting losing effectiveness after they changed the formula 100 times. Results followed suit, especially with others after DS labs changed it.

Since I never knew what batch I was going to get and my hairline still kicking back, I decided to start and still am on the FDA approved Rogaine foam. I personally don't think the new Spectral will do much. All you need is the Minox, all the other ingredients are useless fillers that have numerous claims of treating hairloss.

My opinion, stick to rogaine. The yellow residue Spectral will leave is annoying, embarrassing, and makes your hair look like crap. So AM treatments would be out of the question.

Comment

• khan
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Avodart
      Hey guys,

Im considering giving Spectral DNC a try...

Has anyone used it and had some kind of positive results?
      I have been using Spectral DNC since Feb 2009. But now gradually moving to Rogaine foam.

That stuff is terrible the way it is now. It leave a nasty residual, it smells werid, and it weight down the hair, making your hair look worse.

It did give me some improvement, but on its own it couldn't stop the loss which is why I went on to the Fin,Min and Niz combo.

Comment

• Avodart
        • Nov 2012

I have been using generic 5% minoxidil over a year now, and avodart for 4 months...

The main thing I was hoping from the Spectral DNC was for it to produce better results (since they claim that it works even for people who didnt respond to rogaine).
        I was also hoping for it to be a bit more gentle on the skin (since both the foam and liquid minoxidil make my scalp dry and itchy, although its bearable: I can live with it)...

Thank you guys, I will definitely take both your advise on board

Comment

• Marshmalo
          • Oct 2012

Are you also using Nizoral Shampoo? I found that helped me with the itching and dandruff caused by minoxil.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Avodart
            Spectral DNC: Is it worth it?
            No. The efficacy of the extra ingredients in their products is questionable at best. You are just as well off with generic liquid Minoxidil from your local pharmacy.

Comment

• dex89
              • Jul 2012

I wouldn't touch that shiot.

Comment

• Avodart
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Marshmalo
                Are you also using Nizoral Shampoo? I found that helped me with the itching and dandruff caused by minoxil.
                Hey Marshmalo

Yes I am using Nizoral.. And unfortunately for me it hasnt really made any difference at all...

Although the itcheness and dryness are not too bad, I can live with them

Comment

• Avodart
                  • Nov 2012

Hey Tracy C and Dex89

Yeh I had a feeling that that product was just an overpriced minoxidil...

Thank you guys

Comment

• Travbedaman
                    • Apr 2012

I used a few bottles of it never noticed anything positive. Imma try a few bottles of lipogaine seems like a decent formula and mostly positive reviews.

Comment

• Avodart
                      • Nov 2012

Thanks man.. Im gonna check it out..

I decided to stick to my generic 5% minoxidil (for now at least)... Im not gonna bother with the Spectral DNC after what all you guys have said
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...