+ Reply to Thread

Default Do you believe the minoxidil stories

24 years old and receding so i bought some 5% rogaine (branded regaine in the UK) and was planning on giving it a go but then ive gone and read some horror stories online.....weaker erections, low sex drive and even impotence

read some extreme cases, guys going impotent as early as 2 weeks... and still not regaining their same sexual self as long as a year after throwing it away.... scary stuff

i dont wanna touch any of those tablets, im just not brave enough, which makes this even more annoying, i really wanted to give rogaine a go

Rogaine causing impotence? Never heard of this.

At least noone on this forum has mentioned anything about this.

I think you're talking about Finasteride. In which case yes, a small percentage have experienced lower sexdrive.

Never heard abt minox causing sexual side-effects. With that said, minox works best when used along with finasteride. The latter, sadly, is known to cause sexual side effects in small percentage of men.

i apologize if you're not allowed to post links but this site has literally got guy after guy complaining of sexual side effects of rogaine

http://www.regrowhair/general-hair-l...-side-effects/ ........ paste the link but type in .com after the regrowhair bit

A Urologist also explains why: Minoxidil is a vascular dilator. During a normal erection, the tunica and base of penis is constricted in a way not to allow blood to flow out. Minoxidil causes blood not to be able to stay in penis because it dilates the base of penis. This results in impotence or temporary erectile dysfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythekid View Post
    i apologize if you're not allowed to post links but this site has literally got guy after guy complaining of sexual side effects of rogaine

http://www.regrowhair/general-hair-l...-side-effects/ ........ paste the link but type in .com after the regrowhair bit

A Urologist also explains why: Minoxidil is a vascular dilator. During a normal erection, the tunica and base of penis is constricted in a way not to allow blood to flow out. Minoxidil causes blood not to be able to stay in penis because it dilates the base of penis. This results in impotence or temporary erectile dysfunction.
    I guess that is possible. If you are aiming to grow pubic hair with it.

It seems you are confusing Minoxidil with the other proven medication. However, there is no shortage of horror stories about Minoxidil either. So with that said...

Do you believe the minoxidil stories?
    No. Why? Because I use it myself.

Inactive

I think you're confusing rogaine with propecia. Unless these men are attempting to regrow pubic hair or something.

24 years old and receding so i bought some 5% rogaine (branded regaine in the UK) and was planning on giving it a go but then ive gone and read some horror stories online.....weaker erections, low sex drive and even impotence

read some extreme cases, guys going impotent as early as 2 weeks... and still not regaining their same sexual self as long as a year after throwing it away.... scary stuff

i dont wanna touch any of those tablets, im just not brave enough, which makes this even more annoying, i really wanted to give rogaine a go
    Please... Some hypochondriac guys simply heard that an anti-hairloss drug causes impotence, and they confused minoxidil with finasteride. And, of course, after two weeks they started to "feel" sexual side effects. LOL