+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revivogen

Default Revivogen

Any thoughts on this product? I did try it for a short time, but not long enough (I hate topical supplements). I'm thinking of giving it a second shot, but I wanted to solicit some expert opinions on this product. Is it worth the cost and effort or should I just stick with Propecia? I mean, I'm certainly not going to stop Propecia, I just want to know if Revivogen is worth it or not. Thanks.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I have to admit I am not an expert on Revivigen. I have had many patients try this product over the years and never heard any real positive feedback. I do know what the ingredients are and you can go online to find that information. The product seems expensive for what you get. Most of the ingredients can be obtained in an oral formula for a much lower cost. I do think you should continue taking Propecia until some new advances are made.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thank you for your response doc ......... I guess I can use the money for other things. The hair on my head is starting to thin, it seems like Propecia isn't winning the battle for me and was hoping there might be a good way to thicken or strengthen what I already have.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

You may want to consider a laser comb. It has helped many of my patients maintain what they have and even reverse some of the miniaturization they were experiencing. There are definitely no guarantees, but at least you are buying a piece of equipment that you will own and will be able to use for a long time. It can be used in combination with Propecia. You should realize that the biggest risk with the laser is the one time spending of money. It will cause no harm. However, there is a chance that you could use the laser for a while and not see much improvement. Most of my patients at least notice an improvement in the quality of their hair. I do admit that I have had a some patients not notice much of a change at all.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

At this point I'm ready to try almost anything. I'm looking forward to the Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy........I guess it's still in its experimental phase right now. Thanks doc.