Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jags2483
    • Oct 2011

Where do I stand?

Just would like to know where you guys think my hairline stands on the Norwood Scale. I believe I'm at a Norwood 2, but would like another opinion.
    Attached Files
  • NotBelievingIt
    • Oct 2011

1 - 2. I don't think your front has receded much at all and without historical perspective on the temple its hard to say.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

Without seeing you in person it appears that you are a Norwood 1.5 at best and are just seetling in to your adult hair line. Hopefully you wont have much more in the future. Do you have a strong family history of male pattern hair loss?
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• BigThinker
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Jags2483
        Just would like to know where you guys think my hairline stands on the Norwood Scale. I believe I'm at a Norwood 2, but would like another opinion.
        You appear to be in about the same position as myself. Check my intro thread if you're interested. Looks like your 1.5-ish as well. How's the shedding/diffuse thinning?

Regards

Comment

• Jags2483
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
          Without seeing you in person it appears that you are a Norwood 1.5 at best and are just seetling in to your adult hair line. Hopefully you wont have much more in the future. Do you have a strong family history of male pattern hair loss?
          My family history of hairloss is scattered, my mothers father has a pretty bad receding hairline, but he is 70. My dads father had a full head of hair his whole life. My father has a receded hairline and he is 54. So I honestly have no idea whose hair I'm going to end up with.

Comment

• Jags2483
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BigThinker
            You appear to be in about the same position as myself. Check my intro thread if you're interested. Looks like your 1.5-ish as well. How's the shedding/diffuse thinning?

Regards
            I have no shedding yet really, just the normal few hairs that come out after showering and stuff.

Comment

• Spex
              Dr Representative
              • Nov 2008

In my opinion NW scale is somewhat outdated as we have seen via the power of the net there are so many different patterns of loss unique to the individual - like a finger print.

If you need to put a figure on it to help you process it better 1.5-2 NW scale

Get proactive and get a solid reg for defence in place - Hair loss is progressive - It only goes one way
              Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• elnino
                • Sep 2012

id say 1.5 my friend. im a 2.5 its looks grand though

Comment

• The Alchemist
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jags2483

For a second I thought i was looking at a photo of my head! I've got a very similar pattern to you. I would classify myself as a NW2-2.5. My forelock has just started thinning, so, i'm starting to worry.

What age are you and have you noticed any thining in the forelock?

Comment

• konfusion
                    • May 2012

yep, looks like 1,5. btw how old are you, maybe it is just adult hair line settling as pointed out earlier. and if it is mpb I think you have a great shot at maintaining if you start the treatment. I think you should see a doctor who will be able to tell you if it is mpb or not so you don't take any medication that you really don't need.

Comment

• BigThinker
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by konfusion
                      yep, looks like 1,5. btw how old are you, maybe it is just adult hair line settling as pointed out earlier. and if it is mpb I think you have a great shot at maintaining if you start the treatment. I think you should see a doctor who will be able to tell you if it is mpb or not so you don't take any medication that you really don't need.
                      I would also really like to know, since I'm in the same situation. All my shedding (which has slowed drastically the last week) is only in front. My crown and top of head are still very thick. When I part my hair down the middle (front to back), I can see how only the first1/2 inch of hairline is where the majority of thinning is.

PLEASE let the derm I see next monday be knowledgeable.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
                        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                        • Nov 2008

I agree Spex. It seems to me that most patients do not fit exactly into any level of the Norwood scale. I see almost as many atypical hair loss patterns as classic hair loss patterns. Also keep in mind that several different doctrs can look at the same patient and classify them into different Norwood catagories.
                        Dr. Glenn Charles
                        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Jags2483
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by The Alchemist
                          For a second I thought i was looking at a photo of my head! I've got a very similar pattern to you. I would classify myself as a NW2-2.5. My forelock has just started thinning, so, i'm starting to worry.

What age are you and have you noticed any thining in the forelock?
                          I'm 24, No thinning in the forelock yet (thankfully) haha.

Also, thank you to everyone that has responded to my thread, I really appreciate it fellas.

Comment

Working...