+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9888

Here's my intro thread, has my pictures. Not really sure what norwood: 1.5 maybe? Not much thinning besides the hairline (thankfully) and I have no temple hair (though i never did to begin with). See attached for lack of temple hair.

I'm not going to bother with minox, too expensive and I'm not really interested in re-growth unless I happen to be super responsive (in a good way) to fin. I'm going to try to get ahold of fin and taper on to it VERY slow - luckily I'm addressing the issue early to taper responsibly and not compusively hop on 1 mg/day.

I have been using 2% keto once a week for close to a month now, though my Rx is bout gone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot(1).jpg

Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	17480  

Breaking Bald, I really sympathize with you dude. Especially when you said you should be at an open mic night but instead you're on here. I was set to sit in on a couple of songs with my friend's Iron Maiden cover band not too long ago but I too stayed home because I am embarrassed by my hair loss. With regards to my style of music, it really does take hair to create the image that I want to create and that's mainly why this hair loss is depressing me so much. I mean, I also used to box (not really that seriously though), but there were bald guys at my boxing gym who just didn't give a s**t because their baldness did not affect how they fought in the ring. And being bald inside boxing circles really doesn't mean much. Yet because of the music and the scene that I'm into, hair loss has hit me incredibly hard.

YeahYeahYeah, I looked at the photos that you posted except most of those guys are middle-aged and weren't bald or balding at the peak of their careers. Billy Corgan is the exception though and although I really respect him for not making his hair loss an issue, I really just do not like the way he looks. But I do have immense respect for Chris Daughtry. He is not only an awesome musician, a great performer, and a very talented songwriter, but he really does pull off the shaved head look very well and attracts a whole boatload of women. If I could pull off the shaved head look as well as him, then I'd do it.

BigThinker, I never really had that poofy, aqua-netted 80s metal hair, but I still did have a full head of long hair and that meant the world to me. Also, a lot of these 80s metal bands and cover bands really are not just simply a novelty value and still draw plenty of people and females. I saw Motley Crue with Kiss over the summer and that show sold out despite ticket prices being ridiculously high. Lastly, I looked at your hair bro and you really have nothing to worry about. I think most people on this board would give their left nut to be a Norwood 1.5 and like 99% of people would not even notice any hair loss whatsoever on a Norwood 1.5.

Breaking, do you have any pictures of your hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Breaking Bald, I really sympathize with you dude. Especially when you said you should be at an open mic night but instead you're on here. I was set to sit in on a couple of songs with my friend's Iron Maiden cover band not too long ago but I too stayed home because I am embarrassed by my hair loss. With regards to my style of music, it really does take hair to create the image that I want to create and that's mainly why this hair loss is depressing me so much. I mean, I also used to box (not really that seriously though), but there were bald guys at my boxing gym who just didn't give a s**t because their baldness did not affect how they fought in the ring. And being bald inside boxing circles really doesn't mean much. Yet because of the music and the scene that I'm into, hair loss has hit me incredibly hard.

YeahYeahYeah, I looked at the photos that you posted except most of those guys are middle-aged and weren't bald or balding at the peak of their careers. Billy Corgan is the exception though and although I really respect him for not making his hair loss an issue, I really just do not like the way he looks. But I do have immense respect for Chris Daughtry. He is not only an awesome musician, a great performer, and a very talented songwriter, but he really does pull off the shaved head look very well and attracts a whole boatload of women. If I could pull off the shaved head look as well as him, then I'd do it.

BigThinker, I never really had that poofy, aqua-netted 80s metal hair, but I still did have a full head of long hair and that meant the world to me. Also, a lot of these 80s metal bands and cover bands really are not just simply a novelty value and still draw plenty of people and females. I saw Motley Crue with Kiss over the summer and that show sold out despite ticket prices being ridiculously high. Lastly, I looked at your hair bro and you really have nothing to worry about. I think most people on this board would give their left nut to be a Norwood 1.5 and like 99% of people would not even notice any hair loss whatsoever on a Norwood 1.5.
    Surely this is encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post

I understand mine isn't that bad. Honestly, I had no recession this time last year, so I'm concerned it may be aggressive. But I'm making moves to prevent it from getting worse.