Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
    Not sure what you are on about. All I am saying is musicians, specifically rock stars are renound for having good hair. It is part of the image which depresses me even more. Yes it is worse for 80's hair bands but they are barely existent these days anyway.
    I'm not sure what "on about" means, but will assume it doesn't apply to me. I was just politely saying that hair shouldn't hinder middle-aged men from enjoying/playing music. There isn't much of an effect of "glitz and glamour" left, with or without hair, for middle aged men.

Sorry if my comment poked you the wrong way; wasn't my intent.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
      I'm not sure what "on about" means, but will assume it doesn't apply to me. I was just politely saying that hair shouldn't hinder middle-aged men from enjoying/playing music. There isn't much of an effect of "glitz and glamour" left, with or without hair, for middle aged men.

Sorry if my comment poked you the wrong way; wasn't my intent.
      Nah man I wasn't having a go, nor was I insulted by anything. Just wasn't sure what you were trying to say. Unfortunately, I am not even close to being middle aged, I'm only 22 and can't seem to get to grips with hair loss at all. It is really tiresome, this is the time that I am meant to be achieving my dreams and establishing myself as an adult. And this is what is taking up all my time and concern. I thought I would be strong enough to cope with it but I guess not

Comment

• 25 going on 65
        • Sep 2010

Vernon looks like he grew/styled his hair there to look as thin and terrible as possible.

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
          Nah man I wasn't having a go, nor was I insulted by anything. Just wasn't sure what you were trying to say. Unfortunately, I am not even close to being middle aged, I'm only 22 and can't seem to get to grips with hair loss at all. It is really tiresome, this is the time that I am meant to be achieving my dreams and establishing myself as an adult. And this is what is taking up all my time and concern. I thought I would be strong enough to cope with it but I guess not
          Ah, I gotcha. I got the impression you were like in an 80s glamour rock cover band - haha. But yeah, 22 is def a lot harder to deal with, since so many of your peers aren't having any amount of hair loss/recession. I'm 24, and only a handful of my chums are even thinning

Comment

• Breaking Bald
            • Aug 2012

It does indeed suck. You on treatments or anything? What norwood are you?

I tried minox and had some sides, don't fancy taking my chances propecia. So I guees my only option now is a HT. Though it isn't bad enough to justify having a full HT. But I wouldn't mind just getting the bad areas filled in. I am verging on desperation which is a bad place to be.

Comment

• BigThinker
              • Oct 2012

Hey, I'm a 24 year old, just started having noticeable hairloss this past May. I was workin 50-70 hours as a barback outside on a warf, and another 20-30 as an intern. Needless to say, my life was relatively high stress, sleep was insufficient and irregular, and food consumption followed the same path. I'm down to 20 hours as

Here's my intro thread, has my pictures. Not really sure what norwood: 1.5 maybe? Not much thinning besides the hairline (thankfully) and I have no temple hair (though i never did to begin with). See attached for lack of temple hair.

I'm not going to bother with minox, too expensive and I'm not really interested in re-growth unless I happen to be super responsive (in a good way) to fin. I'm going to try to get ahold of fin and taper on to it VERY slow - luckily I'm addressing the issue early to taper responsibly and not compusively hop on 1 mg/day.

I have been using 2% keto once a week for close to a month now, though my Rx is bout gone.
              Attached Files

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                • Feb 2011

Breaking Bald, I really sympathize with you dude. Especially when you said you should be at an open mic night but instead you're on here. I was set to sit in on a couple of songs with my friend's Iron Maiden cover band not too long ago but I too stayed home because I am embarrassed by my hair loss. With regards to my style of music, it really does take hair to create the image that I want to create and that's mainly why this hair loss is depressing me so much. I mean, I also used to box (not really that seriously though), but there were bald guys at my boxing gym who just didn't give a s**t because their baldness did not affect how they fought in the ring. And being bald inside boxing circles really doesn't mean much. Yet because of the music and the scene that I'm into, hair loss has hit me incredibly hard.

YeahYeahYeah, I looked at the photos that you posted except most of those guys are middle-aged and weren't bald or balding at the peak of their careers. Billy Corgan is the exception though and although I really respect him for not making his hair loss an issue, I really just do not like the way he looks. But I do have immense respect for Chris Daughtry. He is not only an awesome musician, a great performer, and a very talented songwriter, but he really does pull off the shaved head look very well and attracts a whole boatload of women. If I could pull off the shaved head look as well as him, then I'd do it.

BigThinker, I never really had that poofy, aqua-netted 80s metal hair, but I still did have a full head of long hair and that meant the world to me. Also, a lot of these 80s metal bands and cover bands really are not just simply a novelty value and still draw plenty of people and females. I saw Motley Crue with Kiss over the summer and that show sold out despite ticket prices being ridiculously high. Lastly, I looked at your hair bro and you really have nothing to worry about. I think most people on this board would give their left nut to be a Norwood 1.5 and like 99% of people would not even notice any hair loss whatsoever on a Norwood 1.5.

Comment

• JJacobs152
                  • May 2011

Breaking, do you have any pictures of your hair loss?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                    Breaking Bald, I really sympathize with you dude. Especially when you said you should be at an open mic night but instead you're on here. I was set to sit in on a couple of songs with my friend's Iron Maiden cover band not too long ago but I too stayed home because I am embarrassed by my hair loss. With regards to my style of music, it really does take hair to create the image that I want to create and that's mainly why this hair loss is depressing me so much. I mean, I also used to box (not really that seriously though), but there were bald guys at my boxing gym who just didn't give a s**t because their baldness did not affect how they fought in the ring. And being bald inside boxing circles really doesn't mean much. Yet because of the music and the scene that I'm into, hair loss has hit me incredibly hard.

YeahYeahYeah, I looked at the photos that you posted except most of those guys are middle-aged and weren't bald or balding at the peak of their careers. Billy Corgan is the exception though and although I really respect him for not making his hair loss an issue, I really just do not like the way he looks. But I do have immense respect for Chris Daughtry. He is not only an awesome musician, a great performer, and a very talented songwriter, but he really does pull off the shaved head look very well and attracts a whole boatload of women. If I could pull off the shaved head look as well as him, then I'd do it.

BigThinker, I never really had that poofy, aqua-netted 80s metal hair, but I still did have a full head of long hair and that meant the world to me. Also, a lot of these 80s metal bands and cover bands really are not just simply a novelty value and still draw plenty of people and females. I saw Motley Crue with Kiss over the summer and that show sold out despite ticket prices being ridiculously high. Lastly, I looked at your hair bro and you really have nothing to worry about. I think most people on this board would give their left nut to be a Norwood 1.5 and like 99% of people would not even notice any hair loss whatsoever on a Norwood 1.5.
                    Surely this is encouraging.

Comment

• BigThinker
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss

I understand mine isn't that bad. Honestly, I had no recession this time last year, so I'm concerned it may be aggressive. But I'm making moves to prevent it from getting worse.

Comment

Working...