+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I agree man, I am in a rock band and both my band mates have great hair. It's really stressing me out.

yeahyeahyeah people always post those examples when it comes to musicians, the fact is that they were already established and success before their hairloss started.
    Draughty wasn't
    If it bothers you that much - dont be the lead singer.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Draughty wasn't
    If it bothers you that much - dont be the lead singer.
    But I am the front man, singer and guitar player. I write all the songs, can't exactly avoid it

I don't know what to do really, I might just have to be 'the bald one'. I wish my hair loss would just stabilize and it wouldn't be so bad. But it is going steady at a slow pace. But no where new slow enough. Look at all the best rock bands, they all had immensely beautiful hair.

God I am drowning in self pity, I have tried so hard hard to come to terms with this and it ain't happening. Shaved my head, and instead of being happy I just want it grow back ASAP! I should be at an open mic night tonight but I couldn't sleep last night thinking about hair loss and now I am on here instead of being out performing

Breakingbald:

No offense, but being in an 80s hair band can have next to no success, except for the novelty value from other people your age/who grew up in that era. Having a huge, obnoxious wig would probably even be better than trying to hair spray and poof up a 40 (?) year old man's hair. Again, I'm staying this as someone on the outside looking in and am not trying to sound like a dick at all.

Highlander:

Wrong. You're just wrong. I typically enjoy that you play the provocative "devil's advocate" to counter-balance all the hugs and high-fives that some people dish out on this site, but sometimes it's a bit much. Some people aren't as bothered by hair loss as you apparently are. It took me about 2 days to get over my receder + minor diffusing. I do, however, agree that some people need to not whine and just taper onto fin an monitor sides instead of blowing it off.

If I get to NW3, I won't be committing suicide. I'm way too handsome and intelligent to think that being an NW3 would prevent me from continuing to get laid, finding a wife, having kids, and having a successful career. I suggest you employ the same mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Breakingbald:

No offense, but being in an 80s hair band can have next to no success, except for the novelty value from other people your age/who grew up in that era. Having a huge, obnoxious wig would probably even be better than trying to hair spray and poof up a 40 (?) year old man's hair. Again, I'm staying this as someone on the outside looking in and am not trying to sound like a dick at all.
    Not sure what you are on about. All I am saying is musicians, specifically rock stars are renound for having good hair. It is part of the image which depresses me even more. Yes it is worse for 80's hair bands but they are barely existent these days anyway.

Not sure what you are on about. All I am saying is musicians, specifically rock stars are renound for having good hair. It is part of the image which depresses me even more. Yes it is worse for 80's hair bands but they are barely existent these days anyway.
    I'm not sure what "on about" means, but will assume it doesn't apply to me. I was just politely saying that hair shouldn't hinder middle-aged men from enjoying/playing music. There isn't much of an effect of "glitz and glamour" left, with or without hair, for middle aged men.

Sorry if my comment poked you the wrong way; wasn't my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I'm not sure what "on about" means, but will assume it doesn't apply to me. I was just politely saying that hair shouldn't hinder middle-aged men from enjoying/playing music. There isn't much of an effect of "glitz and glamour" left, with or without hair, for middle aged men.

Sorry if my comment poked you the wrong way; wasn't my intent.
    Nah man I wasn't having a go, nor was I insulted by anything. Just wasn't sure what you were trying to say. Unfortunately, I am not even close to being middle aged, I'm only 22 and can't seem to get to grips with hair loss at all. It is really tiresome, this is the time that I am meant to be achieving my dreams and establishing myself as an adult. And this is what is taking up all my time and concern. I thought I would be strong enough to cope with it but I guess not

Vernon looks like he grew/styled his hair there to look as thin and terrible as possible.

Nah man I wasn't having a go, nor was I insulted by anything. Just wasn't sure what you were trying to say. Unfortunately, I am not even close to being middle aged, I'm only 22 and can't seem to get to grips with hair loss at all. It is really tiresome, this is the time that I am meant to be achieving my dreams and establishing myself as an adult. And this is what is taking up all my time and concern. I thought I would be strong enough to cope with it but I guess not
    Ah, I gotcha. I got the impression you were like in an 80s glamour rock cover band - haha. But yeah, 22 is def a lot harder to deal with, since so many of your peers aren't having any amount of hair loss/recession. I'm 24, and only a handful of my chums are even thinning

It does indeed suck. You on treatments or anything? What norwood are you?

I tried minox and had some sides, don't fancy taking my chances propecia. So I guees my only option now is a HT. Though it isn't bad enough to justify having a full HT. But I wouldn't mind just getting the bad areas filled in. I am verging on desperation which is a bad place to be.