+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    However, two respected forum posters, Skywalker and Maradona, both claim that they were told during consultations that regenerated hair follicles often grow back twisted which makes them harder to use in subsequent procedures.

In that case you can only use FU once as regenerated one is twisted and unusable.
    What about hairs that grow from 'twisted regenerated' follicles, are they normal diameter, quality as surrounding hair?

we need to find out if transplanted follicle grows 'twisted' or not and can it be used as donor?
    How would doctors that perform FU know which are twister and which ones aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    However, two respected forum posters, Skywalker and Maradona, both claim that they were told during consultations that regenerated hair follicles often grow back twisted which makes them harder to use in subsequent procedures.

In that case you can only use FU once as regenerated one is twisted and unusable.
    What about hairs that grow from 'twisted regenerated' follicles, are they normal diameter, quality as surrounding hair?

we need to find out if transplanted follicle grows 'twisted' or not and can it be used as donor?
    Yes, Dr Gho says they can, Dr Gho said that they regrow 'a bit twisted' and were a little more diffiuclt to use a 2nd time, so you are likely to get a slightly lower regeneration percentage the 2nd time around - but the difference was marginal - NOT big in terms of loss in regeneration percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Yes, Dr Gho says they can, Dr Gho said that they regrow 'a bit twisted' and were a little more diffiuclt to use a 2nd time, so you are likely to get a slightly lower regeneration percentage the 2nd time around - but the difference was marginal - NOT big in terms of loss in regeneration percentage.
    That's odd. I asked my HASCI doctor if I could go back in 9 months for another round of adding more density to my temples, up to 60 grafts/cm2. She said that this would be possible but she suggested to be conservative because normally there aren't enough grafts to fill up the whole upper part of the the head + crown (so anything besides the regular donor area) with such density. They also said my donor is very good.

So, if the donor is very good and they can even re-use the same graft, then why can't they reach 60 grafts/cm2 for the whole upper head (even in possible future scenario when that's totally bold to begin with) ?

You know what, going to mail my doctor with this question

Good idea, let's see what they say - who is your doctor by the way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    I asked my HASCI doctor ...

So, if the donor is very good and they can even re-use the same graft, then why can't they reach 60 grafts/cm2 for the whole upper head (even in possible future scenario when that's totally bold to begin with) ?
    Seriously, why don't you ask your doctor again??
    Or did you, as a patient, lose the doctors phone number or email address?

As soon as the would tell me such a story, I would immediately ask a simple question with just 1 word with 3 letters: W H Y ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Good idea, let's see what they say - who is your doctor by the way ?
    Kristel was the main doctor. I was very happy with her, she was not only very nice but seemed very skilful as well. I was also very happy with the technicians Stephanie and Rolf. They both have a very long experience as technicians (Stephanie said she had been doing this for 9 years already). When Stephanie took a break, an 'assistant technician' took over for half an hour and all I can say I was SO happy when Stephanie came back again The ratio between drilling and succesfull extraction was on average about 20:12 with Stephanie, where it was about 20:3 with the assistant ... As the drills are so extremely thin, it's a very difficult process ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Seriously, why don't you ask your doctor again??
    Or did you, as a patient, lose the doctors phone number or email address?

As soon as the would tell me such a story, I would immediately ask a simple question with just 1 word with 3 letters: W H Y ?
    Maybe if you had read my previous post, you would have seen that I had done just that already.

When Stephanie took a break, an 'assistant technician' took over for half an hour and all I can say I was SO happy when Stephanie came back again The ratio between drilling and succesfull extraction was on average about 20:12 with Stephanie, where it was about 20:3 with the assistant ... As the drills are so extremely thin, it's a very difficult process ...
    Maybe THAT is the reason - in your case. Seems the have problems in YOUR case, and they KNOW that they will have always problems in YOUR case. Every patient is different, and Dr. Gho explained this part very good in the recent Kobren/Gho interview. He reported that they are sometimes simply unable to extract more than 1500 HST grafts - from completely VIRGIN scalps!

I'm not 100% sure anymore, but I think it was aim4hair (>2000 HST grafts) who reported that they had absolutely no problems to extract such an amount from his donor area. But indeed, he also repoted that there was a certain area in his case, where they had problems to extract the grafts - but not in all other areas.

As soon there is an area, or if the whole donor area is "such a problematic area", the given donor area for extractions SHRINKS mathematical, so to speak. And the smaller the donor area for good extractions, the lesser the chance to get really large amounts of HST grafts. In such a case, try to get as muchas HST grafts as you can from such a donor area, and then convert to traditional FUE with SHARPER punches. With such punches, you can extract grafts even from hard scar tissue. Or you extract with normal FUE from all those areas, where hsci doctors noticed problems. But again: 1st HST, than FUE - and not conversely. If you do it conversely, forget HST extractions - they will have problems with extractions thereafter and in such cases they will also not guarantee you donor regrowth.

I was SO happy when Stephanie came back again
    btw - it was Stephanie who confirmed my theory, even without asking her outright "such complicated questions". She (nice girl) was a little bit disappointed, because I didn't even ask her "is there really donor regrowth??" lol. I only said "aha" after she herself (after a while) mentioned this.