Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prometheus
    • Aug 2012

The great joys of discovery

I noticed hair thinning in lined patterns, so I shaved my head. I've since let it grow in by almost a month now.

Hair is mostly there, but you can see patches of thinning.
    Attached Files
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Prometheus
    I noticed hair thinning in lined patterns, so I shaved my head. I've since let it grow in by almost a month now.

Hair is mostly there, but you can see patches of thinning.
    You on a treatment regime, or just going through some sort of cycle of hairloss?

Comment

• Prometheus
      • Aug 2012

No, I am not on any treatments for this. I only found out a few months ago. I have not had time to see a medical professional about the hair loss.

Nonetheless, I tried to address it the last time I was at the doctors office, but those appointments are always rushed... And I didn't have a mirror to find the area(s), which in some ways were harder to find when I had longer hair.

The only medications that I am on now is Lithium (for a few years now). Not really sure of the cause.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

How old are you and do you have Male Pattern Baldness that runs on either side of your family?
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Prometheus
          • Aug 2012

I'll be turning 26 by the weekend. Not much baldness in the family. I can only think of one uncle on my mother's side that has experienced baldness.

Comment

Working...