+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

This is good news but, the problem is that these drugs are still in early clinical trials for asthma. That means they'll first have to get through all the clinical phases to get on the market for asthma. That should take well over five years. Then, if it makes it to market, they would have to go back and reformulate the drug for a hairloss treatment and start at phase II all over again. So now you're talking almost a decade.

Maybe the asthma drug would be efficacious for MPB, and could be used off label, but that's unlikely. Even if this is the case, it's a long way off.

I'm seriously starting to think that Aderans is the only feasible "near term" solution. But, we still don't know what type of results they're getting. Maybe Histogen, but, i think they might take longer then people are expecting.

Good news to actually see a legimate testing for the PGD2 blocker.

more than intrigued by what this stuff can do.

hopefully there will be some positive updates within a year or so.

many products being studied/tested right now! both clinically and on the grey market haha. Something out there is working, IMO it's a matter of time now. The good news is starting to roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    This is good news but, the problem is that these drugs are still in early clinical trials for asthma. That means they'll first have to get through all the clinical phases to get on the market for asthma. That should take well over five years. Then, if it makes it to market, they would have to go back and reformulate the drug for a hairloss treatment and start at phase II all over again. So now you're talking almost a decade.

Maybe the asthma drug would be efficacious for MPB, and could be used off label, but that's unlikely. Even if this is the case, it's a long way off.

I'm seriously starting to think that Aderans is the only feasible "near term" solution. But, we still don't know what type of results they're getting. Maybe Histogen, but, i think they might take longer then people are expecting.
    Was it not proscar that was approved for prostate 5 years before propecia? Many used it off-label back then. I'm sure many could do the same for this if there are a lot of positive signs for hairloss and not any alarming side-effects.

Would a PGD2 blocker treatment be in topical or oral form?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Would a PGD2 blocker treatment be in topical or oral form?
    This where i think the problem for baldies will be. The blockers are being developed for asthma, so will most likely be oral or inhaler. For hairloss it would probably need to be topical - and thus have a different dose and vehicle etc.. which would make off label use difficult. Maybe it will work for baldness as an oral agent, but that might be a long shot.

wait so this is the part that confuses me. Why aren't they testing for baldness as well? or am I missing something. From what I understand they're only testing it for asthma? Cause as someone above said that means it would be taken orally, but for baldness it may need to be taken topically.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    wait so this is the part that confuses me. Why aren't they testing for baldness as well? or am I missing something. From what I understand they're only testing it for asthma? Cause as someone above said that means it would be taken orally, but for baldness it may need to be taken topically.
    If they were testing it for baldness, too, I'd be excited as it would show that these companies think that blocking or reducing pgd2 could actually help stop/reverse hair loss. But they aren't, they're just putting out new asthma meds, so what is everyone excited about?

Not trying to be negative, I just don't see why we should care.

Quote Originally Posted by goingquick View Post
    If they were testing it for baldness, too, I'd be excited as it would show that these companies think that blocking or reducing pgd2 could actually help stop/reverse hair loss. But they aren't, they're just putting out new asthma meds, so what is everyone excited about?

Not trying to be negative, I just don't see why we should care.
    Because the preclinical work has already been done on these drugs, so they can be more easily adapted to hair loss than if they had to develop entirely new drugs. It will likely cut several years off the time required to get a pgd2 drug approved for hair loss.

So maybe 8 years instead of 10. ;-)

^ This. Remember too that the existing mainstream hairloss products were all developed for other medical purposes first....

Bump!

Can't find anything recent about Merck's PGD2 blocker....dead in the water?