+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default have run out of rogaine for a week

as the title says i noticed this morning im out of rogaine foam (thought i had another bottle but apparently i thought i had more than i did)

in any event i live in japan where rogaine isnt available, i believe they have a product called ri-up but its the liquid version and i think 2% instead of 5% like the foam

i have some folks who can/do send me rogaine regularly and they will send more out today but it will take about a week for it to arrive, is it alright to just wait?

will i have a massive shed and/or lose the momentum I have gained after using it for a a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by templetime View Post
    as the title says i noticed this morning im out of rogaine foam (thought i had another bottle but apparently i thought i had more than i did)

in any event i live in japan where rogaine isnt available, i believe they have a product called ri-up but its the liquid version and i think 2% instead of 5% like the foam

i have some folks who can/do send me rogaine regularly and they will send more out today but it will take about a week for it to arrive, is it alright to just wait?

will i have a massive shed and/or lose the momentum I have gained after using it for a a few months?
    It's possible that you might shed, I wold buy the 2% while you wait for the regular 5% rogaine to arrive.

even if its only 1 week?

also since re-up is a different product and may have some different ingrediants, wouldnt that possibly encourage a shed anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by templetime View Post
    even if its only 1 week?

also since re-up is a different product and may have some different ingrediants, wouldnt that possibly encourage a shed anyhow?

Even for a week for some people, I don't know if your willing to take the risk. If the ingredient is different then don't buy it, do some research.

EDIT: I envy you, been wanting to visit japan for quite a while.

http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...2/093002-e.htm

http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...09022301-e.pdf

Hey man, check out these two links. They both concern RiUP. The first one explains that its active ingredient is minoxidil, and the second is a memo that RiUP 5% minoxidil was approved in 2009. I'm not sure if that means all or any RiUP is Japan is 5%, but it might be. The manufacturers site doesn't say.

Anyways though, I think any concern about it causing a shed is probably unfounded since the active ingredient is minoxidil, even if it is a weaker strength. I'd say buy a bottle regardless of the strength and use it until you regular one arrive. It won't hurt.

roger, will do

Quote Originally Posted by frankJ View Post
    http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...2/093002-e.htm

http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...09022301-e.pdf

Hey man, check out these two links. They both concern RiUP. The first one explains that its active ingredient is minoxidil, and the second is a memo that RiUP 5% minoxidil was approved in 2009. I'm not sure if that means all or any RiUP is Japan is 5%, but it might be. The manufacturers site doesn't say.

Anyways though, I think any concern about it causing a shed is probably unfounded since the active ingredient is minoxidil, even if it is a weaker strength. I'd say buy a bottle regardless of the strength and use it until you regular one arrive. It won't hurt.

jesus its 100 bucks for a large bottle

also is this equivalent to the foam version of rogaine or is this the standard goopy version?

I'm just curious, but you mentioned you have people who send it to you. Is it not possible to order it from Amazon.com or drugstore.com etc. due to custom regulations?

I got off it for a week once and was shedding like crazy at around day 4 or 5. Depends for different people, it's not a huge issue but you may shed a slight amount.

ok something really strange is going on, during the past few days (I have been off this is starting my 3rd day) and I have not lost more than 3 hairs in the shower a day.

when i was using rogaine i would lose a maybe 15 a shower. but over the past few days I have lost less than 10 total. what is going on?