+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default have run out of rogaine for a week

as the title says i noticed this morning im out of rogaine foam (thought i had another bottle but apparently i thought i had more than i did)

in any event i live in japan where rogaine isnt available, i believe they have a product called ri-up but its the liquid version and i think 2% instead of 5% like the foam

i have some folks who can/do send me rogaine regularly and they will send more out today but it will take about a week for it to arrive, is it alright to just wait?

will i have a massive shed and/or lose the momentum I have gained after using it for a a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by templetime View Post
    as the title says i noticed this morning im out of rogaine foam (thought i had another bottle but apparently i thought i had more than i did)

in any event i live in japan where rogaine isnt available, i believe they have a product called ri-up but its the liquid version and i think 2% instead of 5% like the foam

i have some folks who can/do send me rogaine regularly and they will send more out today but it will take about a week for it to arrive, is it alright to just wait?

will i have a massive shed and/or lose the momentum I have gained after using it for a a few months?
    It's possible that you might shed, I wold buy the 2% while you wait for the regular 5% rogaine to arrive.

even if its only 1 week?

also since re-up is a different product and may have some different ingrediants, wouldnt that possibly encourage a shed anyhow?

even if its only 1 week?

also since re-up is a different product and may have some different ingrediants, wouldnt that possibly encourage a shed anyhow?

Even for a week for some people, I don't know if your willing to take the risk. If the ingredient is different then don't buy it, do some research.

EDIT: I envy you, been wanting to visit japan for quite a while.

http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...2/093002-e.htm

http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...09022301-e.pdf

Hey man, check out these two links. They both concern RiUP. The first one explains that its active ingredient is minoxidil, and the second is a memo that RiUP 5% minoxidil was approved in 2009. I'm not sure if that means all or any RiUP is Japan is 5%, but it might be. The manufacturers site doesn't say.

Anyways though, I think any concern about it causing a shed is probably unfounded since the active ingredient is minoxidil, even if it is a weaker strength. I'd say buy a bottle regardless of the strength and use it until you regular one arrive. It won't hurt.

roger, will do

Quote Originally Posted by frankJ View Post
    http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...2/093002-e.htm

http://www.taisho.co.jp/en/company/r...09022301-e.pdf

Hey man, check out these two links. They both concern RiUP. The first one explains that its active ingredient is minoxidil, and the second is a memo that RiUP 5% minoxidil was approved in 2009. I'm not sure if that means all or any RiUP is Japan is 5%, but it might be. The manufacturers site doesn't say.

Anyways though, I think any concern about it causing a shed is probably unfounded since the active ingredient is minoxidil, even if it is a weaker strength. I'd say buy a bottle regardless of the strength and use it until you regular one arrive. It won't hurt.

Probably not but it is possible. It would be best to get some of that 2% liquid and use it once a day in the evening till the 5% foam arrives. Then keep the remaining liquid medicine for the next time you run out unexpectedly.

Hi Tracey,

I am quite a big fan of minoxidil (as I can tell you also are from some of your posts). I often think that people in the hiarloss world don't give minoxidil anywhere nearly as much credit as it deserves. For me it gave me great regrowth when I started using it.

My question for you about minoxidil is how long do you think you can not use it before you get a shed? Sometimes I don't use it for up to 2 or 3 days is this not a good idea? Does it usually take a couple of weeks of non usage to cause a shed?

Is it also possible for me to cut down from twice a day to once a day or will this induce a shed?

I wouldn't call me a "fan" of Minoxidil. I would rather not use it but I need something that works - and Minoxidil works.

I do not know how long you can go without using it before inducing a shed. I seem to remember reading that it was a month or two. I don't dare try to find out for myself though.