+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A drunken story

Remind me Highlander how old are you ?
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Hey Breaking Bald, what caught my eye about your post is that you said that with concealer, you almost look like you have a full head of hair. So I'd bet that most people wouldn't even notice that you have any hair loss. I see lots of people on here who are Norwood 2's or even Norwood 1.5's who freak out over slight hair loss yet like 99.9% of people on the street would not even notice that they have any hair loss whatsoever. Hell, I'd bet that if I even saw pics of your hair, I would probably believe that you don't have any noticeable hair loss. So therefore, if you say that with concealer you look like you almost have a full head of hair, then you probably do not even need to shave it in the first place.

Arrow

Highlander, this was a positive thread created by Breaking Bald to share his head shaving experience with users on this forum. Please refrain from projecting your issues, concerns and fears on everyone else who participates and who wants to share their views.

If you would like to start your own thread in the rants section about how you believe all balding people are doomed etc, then feel free to do so, but I ask you to please allow others the opportunity to work out their hair loss situation on their own terms, without you forcing your opinions and perception of reality on everyone who is trying to help themselves the way they see fit. It is unfair and disrespectful to those who have the strength to move past hair loss and the courage to share their experiences to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Why not ?

Breaking Bald is dealing with the process and looking for support with his decision. Fair play to him!! He has my respect for being able to shave down and attempt to move forward. I see no reason at all why this shouldn't be advocated

Women are not bothered about hair loss anywhere near as much as we hair loss sufffers think. Once you get a little more mature and wiser in life it becomes apparent that they are MUCH more interested in who you actually are and what you are about, not your hair.
    I hope you are right Spex.

But when you see stuff like this:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9563

t’s “official” women who use online dating sites to find romance are 5 times more likely to repond to a guy with a full head of hair… Wow, what a revelation! Check out: Women Prefer Men With a Full Head of Hair Listen as Sam From New York tells Spencer and the crew how he [...]Spencer Kobren – Bald Is Not So Beautiful According To Online Dating Study is a post from: Hair Loss Show: The Bald Truth
    Hardly encouraging.

...I can imagine in person it is the same "he has a great personality, but he's not my type"

lucky he's in Scotland... there are more balding people there than in America

How in heavens name did I provoke YOU ? You posted your ( now removed )post, even before I proceeded to - simply enquire how old you were ... ?!

you felt provoked over that? ?

How did my other 2 posts : 1st directed at Breaking Bald and the 2nd directed at YYY provoke YOU ?

Confused...
    Last edited by Spex; 11-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Back on topic:

Be happy guys who can shave your head and look decent. My head is goofy shaped (when I shaved my head sophmore year, my friends even commented and made me self conscious).

That's why my battle with hairloss must go on (though it's been heading in the right direction). If I lose the hair battle, I have to get used to a "deformity" or "abnormality" that I've had no problem hiding for 24 years.

Highlander I didn't see your original post but I can pretty much imagine what it said:

Hey I AM HIGHLANDER!!!!!! I write in REALLY big letters to get more attention. I am really miserable in my own life so I try to make everybody else feel the same. Baldness is crap etc...no one will love you etc... being short sucks etc...you have to be tall and have a full head of hair in order to successful or attractive etc

NW1 OR DEATH

Something like that?

Everyone else, cheers for the comments. I do have enough hair with concealer to appear as having but It is getting hard to style it because of it's lack of density. So thought I would give the buzz a try. I have to say that despite the last few day feeling pretty depressed I have had a few compliments that I really suit the look which I was not expecting

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Highlander I didn't see your original post but I can pretty much imagine what it said:

Hey I AM HIGHLANDER!!!!!! I write in REALLY big letters to get more attention. I am really miserable in my own life so I try to make everybody else feel the same. Baldness is crap etc...no one will love you etc... being short sucks etc...you have to be tall and have a full head of hair in order to successful or attractive etc

NW1 OR DEATH

Something like that?

Everyone else, cheers for the comments. I do have enough hair with concealer to appear as having but It is getting hard to style it because of it's lack of density. So thought I would give the buzz a try. I have to say that despite the last few day feeling pretty depressed I have had a few compliments that I really suit the look which I was not expecting
    lol seriously man, obviously we all want to keep our hair, but buzzing it is a great way to get rid of some anxiety. I plan to do it in the near future, while still fighting my hairloss, just so i have some peace of mind.

Charisma + Charm + Pipe game (euphemism for sexual performance) > Hair

money > EVERYTHING lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    lucky he's in Scotland... there are more balding people there than in America
    More than America? As in percentage wise? It does seem there a lot, but how do you come to that conclusion?