+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I just NOW saw your before pics. It seems as if your hair loss isn't all that bad compared to others. Then again, it could've been the propecia which led to having that style of pre-op pictures.

I just kept the hair long to conceal the hair loss. It wasn't the worst ever but I had plenty of hair loss in the front.

As for the propecia. I started it a couple of years before those pre ops were taken. I lost hair in my late 20s. I then started propecia and it completely stabilised my hair loss. No regrowth but for 2 years it was stabilised. I wanted to get a HT to restore my hairline as I was sick of hiding my bald spots and having to have my hair that long. Plus my hair looked wrecked from all the hairspray and stuff. Like wire. I was researching HT's for a few years beforehand but after 2 years on the meds and my loss being stabilised I felt comfortable getting the HT. `feel free to fire any questions at me.

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    I just kept the hair long to conceal the hair loss. It wasn't the worst ever but I had plenty of hair loss in the front.

As for the propecia. I started it a couple of years before those pre ops were taken. I lost hair in my late 20s. I then started propecia and it completely stabilised my hair loss. No regrowth but for 2 years it was stabilised. I wanted to get a HT to restore my hairline as I was sick of hiding my bald spots and having to have my hair that long. Plus my hair looked wrecked from all the hairspray and stuff. Like wire. I was researching HT's for a few years beforehand but after 2 years on the meds and my loss being stabilised I felt comfortable getting the HT. `feel free to fire any questions at me.
    Nice. You and I are kind of in the same boat. I'm 27 about to start fin next week while using minox and niz2%. I hope that fin can stabilize and help with a bit of the regrowth. maybe even push hair transplant as a 30th birthday gift to myself or so.

would ideally like to push it off as much as possible. i think getting a HT in your late-late 20s (x>28) should be the earliest a person should get a HT, and that's under extreme circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Nice. You and I are kind of in the same boat. I'm 27 about to start fin next week while using minox and niz2%. I hope that fin can stabilize and help with a bit of the regrowth. maybe even push hair transplant as a 30th birthday gift to myself or so.

would ideally like to push it off as much as possible. i think getting a HT in your late-late 20s (x>28) should be the earliest a person should get a HT, and that's under extreme circumstances.
    Mate. That's when it all happened for me. I recon I lost hair from like 26 or 27 through to 30 at a fairly slow rate. i cut my hair a bit shorter around then. Maybe 29 and noticed it was think as hell. At that point I got on the finestride which as mentioned completely stabilised things. I kept my hair longer in that time and mastered the combover to hide the bad spots. Then I had the HT at 32.
    You got any pics of your hair so I can determine the amount of loss? Is it similar to my pre ops?

Actually I just saw your thread from last November. Has it got worse/better/similar??

Quote Originally Posted by spreadlocks View Post
    Mate. That's when it all happened for me. I recon I lost hair from like 26 or 27 through to 30 at a fairly slow rate. i cut my hair a bit shorter around then. Maybe 29 and noticed it was think as hell. At that point I got on the finestride which as mentioned completely stabilised things. I kept my hair longer in that time and mastered the combover to hide the bad spots. Then I had the HT at 32.
    You got any pics of your hair so I can determine the amount of loss? Is it similar to my pre ops?
    lol @ similar to your pre-ops? I would be a very happy man if my hair was at your pre-op stage.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9987

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    lol @ similar to your pre-ops? I would be a very happy man if my hair was at your pre-op stage.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9987
    Fair enough man. I tell you 2 things though mate.
    1. I looked at your first thread from last year and it looks like you have had some regrowth (maybe your hair is just longer). If not, you at least look like you have stabalised the situation and have stopped any further loss.
    2. The hair you do have looks like it has good characteristics. Thick hairs etc. Similar to mine actually.

I have seen good results from people with worse situations than you. It will just probably require a lot of grafts or a couple of sessions. Are you considering hts? You had and consultations?

Thanks for the compliments. I think a bit of it has to do with my hair being longer and not taking consistent pictures to differentiate times of growth. Kind of hard to keep track.

Yeah, I've spoken to Bosley, when I first started doing research and even before registering on this messageboard. Then i went to Dr. Griffin in Atlanta, GA. That wasn't so bad. Studying for my grad school exam, the exam is on December 30th. It's just extremely psychologically damaging. I hate waking up and seeing my scalp slowly thin away. I hate it so much, that it's starting to interfere with my studying. I'm constantly on this forum or other forums looking for treatments, latest developments, etc etc.

Yeah. I think get your studies out of the way as when you booking treatment it does take over a lot of your thinking. Use the meds to stabilize in the meantime. If you do get a ht though most important thing is be really really really sure you choose the best doc. Do not let cost, location or ease be a factor. Go to the absolute best based on your reasearch. There are 2 guys at my gym who have had substandard ht's and they look HORRIFIC. Glaringly obviously a bad hair transplant. Retardedly bad. Please do not let that be you mate.

Last edited by Spex; 11-06-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.