+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Diffuse thinning question.

So I feel my hair is good. Slight concave hairline with no thinning. Crown is good. All over is good, however, after washing my hair, I noticed in my bedroom under the light, you can see scalp. I go to the bathroom, and I can't really see scalp. When my hair is dry, you can't see scalp.

Is that what diffuse thinning is like or not?

Quote Originally Posted by bertrumhenderson View Post
    So I feel my hair is good. Slight concave hairline with no thinning. Crown is good. All over is good, however, after washing my hair, I noticed in my bedroom under the light, you can see scalp. I go to the bathroom, and I can't really see scalp. When my hair is dry, you can't see scalp.

How short is your hair? You really need to show some picture, just black out your face.

I can see my scalp under bright, bright light, like in my bathroom. Norm light, or when my hair is dry, it looks like I have a set head of hair. Even when I part if down the middle, only thinned at the very front

Quote Originally Posted by bertrumhenderson View Post

Pretty much. Diffuse thinning is the absolute worst of all imo, because for a very long time you pretty much don't notice because of the way your hair mixes and mingles with itself and lighting masks it until that 50% loss mark has passed and then you notice it and then can't help but notice it.

Its especially worse if its a slow loss because unless you're a hair freak you really won't be able to notice it early.

I've had diffuse thinning that started when I was 15 after taking Accutane. I noticed it then and I've had to live with it slowly get to where it is now at 28 and looks like trash. I'd rather have complete balding than this diffuse trash hair.

I hate to diminish the mental impact hair loss may have on others, but I have to say this.

I really, really dislike when people complain about recession, the temple scalp showing more or a higher forehead. These people almost assuredly still have decent density.

I would give anything to have density and more pronounced temple recession then be diffuse.

Amen brother!

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I hate to diminish the mental impact hair loss may have on others, but I have to say this.

I really, really dislike when people complain about recession, the temple scalp showing more or a higher forehead. These people almost assuredly still have decent density.

I would give anything to have density and more pronounced temple recession then be diffuse.
    +1
    10char

Can I just ask, what exactly is a diffuse thinner? Someone who thins all over? Or someone who recedes and starts losing at the crown until they meet up?

I don't know what I am, My temples are getting pretty bad now and my crown is getting pretty thin, am I a diffuse thinner? In general my whole hair quality/density is not what it was a year ago...

Diffuse thinning depends on your definition. However, what we are talking about is where the entire top of your head (typical horse shoe pattern) has thinned out. You can see your scalp throughout the entire part of your head, not just the crown or your hairline.

What you are describing doesn't appear to be diffuse thinning. Think of Prince William. That is diffuse thinning.