Had my first HT what next / NW6 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Had my first HT what next / NW6

After a lot of research, i finally managed to get my HT done 3 weeks ago ( october 2012) by Dr Hakan Doganay in Turkey .
    He planted 4016 grafts (around 1000 of these being beard hair grafts) using choi implanter pen and i am super happy with the result at the age of 36 although i have a small 1000-1500 graft section on my crown that is still quite bald. I may have another session using beard hair again some day as i am not keen on having my hair donor used for that. Plus beard seems to heal 5 times faster compared to hair donor area .

Anyway , its been 3 weeks since the HT and the shock loss has already started so everything seems to be going as it should .
    My question here is regarding the long term maintenance of it all.
    I want to make sure i dont loose my native hair and in the meantime strengthen the tranplanted hair .
    I am not going anywhere near propecia but would consider other treatments. The cost is not the priority either ,but health and safety is !!

At this point i am only using 5mg biotin a day and nothing else .
    I have got 2 bottles of revivogen and 3 bottles of rogaine foam which i have not touched since the HT .

Could/should i use nizoral 2% at this point (3 weeks after HT)
    If so ,how often should i use it ?

Thanks in advance for the replies

p.s : will add pics later

here are pics showing before and 1 week after the HT.

The work looks very good at this point. Good luck!

vinny, I would give it more time post-op before applying any topicals that could induce a shed. Your scalp is still recovering from the trauma so adding anything that could potentially affect the initial regrowth should be avoided at this point in time IMHO.

Best wishes to you!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

It looks really good how much was this procedure?

Thanks for the replies guys ,yes very early days to comment really because most HTs i have seen look similar for a while. I am hoping all those grafts will return back to me starting from 3.5 month onwards

Like i said i have done my research before i made the decision who gets to de-virginize my donor area. lol
    The surgeon that HT ed me has a real good reputation and yield.
    I have not only looked at before and after pictures but physically went over to see a few random HT patients of his in flesh in may .

Dex , that depends on the amount of grafts,whether some will be BHT(beard) and days they will have to spend for you . But it was no where even near US or Europe prices.

Gill , yes i have noticed a few teenager spots on my scalp which i am hoping they will go on their own soon . I wont be taking anything for a while ,in my experience the grafted hair does come out regardless of what you use .
    i.e : friend of mine never took a thing after HT ,he was only fully happy with the result at the 10th month. Up untill then he though the grafts were dead.

But i still will need something ,one major medicine/topical etc to keep maintain my native hair for the future . Perhaps by the time i start worrying about that ,the real cure will be out there .Here is hopin

I was in Turkey on holiday. I read about this Dr Doganay and his hair transplants from beard hair. On a rainy day I have visited the clinic. Clinic looked good. Not design like clinics I saw in Istanbul. But who cares about that.
    Dr Doganay was very friendly and took all the time to explain everything to me. You have to stay in the hospital for 2 days.

@ vinnytr do you have photo's of the beard area after extraction of the beardhair as I wonder if there are no scars ?

Can you give me more info about this Dr? How experienced is he? What made you choose him?

Here is the beard area couple hours after extraction . I have been told by the nurses i have not bled as much and i believe thats down to me being a non smoker etc .
    After a week i could not even tell where the beard grafts were taken from .
    Its been a month now and i will take a close up picture after i have a fresh shave.

@breakingbald

Hakan doganay had/has a good reputation on the internet over in Turkey ,that was the thing which attracted my attention at first . Obviously that was not on its own enough to go ahead so i started my research ,learning about his work , finding people that had HT done by him and ask about their experiences .
    I was extremely skeptical about anyone that i would allow to touch my hair .I needed to be 110% sure before i could make a choice especially after seeing people that had their lives destroyed by butchers out there
    I would rather remain bald than become worse .

Other things that made me choose him were ;
    - Him doing the entire implanting himself (4016 grafts in my case)
    - Choi implanter technique ; When i asked even on here ,i had really bad replies regarding the use of a choi pen . However this guy seemed to make wonders with it . I am quite good with mechanics and how things work . To me ,the use of choi implanter made perfect sense .Because he was not making slits or holes to plant grafts in them .He was injecting the graft as the whole was being made with the same pen !! Making the gap smaller hence less bleeding and faster healing .
    I still dont understand why people think choi implanter is crap ???
    The only downside i have seen is that it requires a lot of staff . This Dr had 7 nurses present on my HT .
    - Beard hair transplant , i have a large recipient area to cover and not a great donor as you can see . It would be impossible to even consider HT if he did not do beard hair.

Vinnytr thanks for the info.
    Dr Doganay had drawn my attention after I had seen a HT from someone in Antwerpen (who apparently also knows you...) He posts pics on a regular basis. Have to admit it looks very good.
    Both of you speak Turkish which is an advantage. I had problems contacting them due to language problems. When I visited them to asked a translator to help.
    What worries me is if there remain scars in the beard area. Both of apparently don't have any.