X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinnytr
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by kundun
    Hi Vinny,

I am now on 7 months. Am very happy with the result.

How is your status now ?
    Hi mate ,

I have not reached 3 months yet so I cant comment much at this time but so far so good I will be putting before and afters at 3 and 4 months

somehow i can see hairs that are not growing more than 1-2 mm ,confused as to what to expect from them

share some before and after photos please ?

Comment

• NWoods
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by vinnytr
      Hi mate ,

I have not reached 3 months yet so I cant comment much at this time but so far so good I will be putting before and afters at 3 and 4 months

somehow i can see hairs that are not growing more than 1-2 mm ,confused as to what to expect from them

share some before and after photos please ?
      Those are straggler's they'll either fall out over time or they'll pop out when the new hair is coming through, I'm about 5 months post FuE and for the first 2 months I had quite a lot of those hairs still stuck firmly in but not growing or showing signs of leaving, some did fall like my HT rep said, some have remained although no were near as many, probably about 20 or so remain but they'll just grow or shed on there own when they start coming through.

Comment

• boricotico
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by sausage
        get another hair transplant. That is my 2 cents.
        +1

Comment

• levi
          • Feb 2014

Hi Vinnytr,
          Some news ? How is your status now ?

Comment

• gillenator
            • Dec 2008

Looks like it's been several months since the last update and hope he is seeing improvement...
            "Gillenator"
            Independent Patient Advocate
            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• vinnytr
              • Jan 2012

hi guys , sorry for the late reply .
              I have been extremely busy with work etc .

Its been 5 months since the 2nd ht and i have seen an improvement since although it has not been amazing so far in my opinion . On the other hand I think i am becoming greedier now
              Either way i am well happy compared to what i was like before all this

I will post 5 month pics soon .

ALSO HAVE A QUESTION FOR THE ONES IN THE KNOW PLEASE
              On the other hand I have been on the fin since the beginning of july (0.8mg everyday ) At first I had no shed etc for 6-6.5 months but after that I have been seeing a big shed and the shedding hair is mainly from the sides (I can tell this due to their length as i have sides cut number 2 )
              The shedding hair are really thin and weak ones . Are they going for good or will they come back thicker ?
              Also pulled a hair from my chest today , the top half is grey ,bottom half (root end ) is all black !
              So its turning back to black from White ?

Any input on this greatly appreciated

Comment

• Artista
                • Apr 2010

whoa,,really? Thats interesting

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

vinnytr,

The shed you are experiencing may indeed be the result of the finasteride especially if you got on it for the first time last August. Very hard to know if the shed hairs are weak but if you meant that they are thinner in hair shaft diameter (caliber), then they might be diffusing hair shafts. This happened to me some years ago when I switched from liquid minoxidil to the Rogaine foam when it first came to market. I quit using the product altogether. But the shedding period was about nine months.

You can always take a closer look under magnification. If the shed hair shafts compared to terminal hair shafts are noticeably thinner in caliber, then chances are you are experiencing some diffusion. If they appear similar in caliber, then it's probably just generalized thinning from the shed cycle.

Will they come back? You won't know until the shed cycle has stopped and you should begin to notice an increased level of visual density in those zones. But remember it takes on average 30 days for the hair shafts to grow 1/2 inch in length. Not sure how old you are but if you are under 40 years of age, I doubt that it is donor zone thinning.

Also look for changes in the coloration of the shedded hair shafts. If the pigmentation is fading, then that hair may be in the diffusion process. The fatter hair shafts will undoubtedly cycle back and grow new ones.

I have also noted loss of pigmentation to mostly my facial hair that starts at the end of the hair shaft and works its way downward to the surface. It could be that part of the hair shaft closest to its source (follicle) retains the pigmentation longer. That's just a guess on my part though...

Looking forward to your updated progress pics...
                  "Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• gillenator
                    • Dec 2008

One other thing. Every time my hair loses pigmentation, it becomes more coarse which is not necessarily a bad thing.
                    "Gillenator"
                    more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• vinnytr
                      • Jan 2012

here are daytime photos

Comment

• levi
                        • Feb 2014

Hi Vinny , it's really improved this is the result that you have to get in the first intervention .You had to pass two times through the discomforts that it brings a hair transplant to get an acceptable result.
                        I'm in the same situation as you were. I had a hair transplant with Dr. Doganay in July 2013. Now I'm 8 months after the surgery and still is not visible any significant improvement compared to the situation before.

Comment

Working...