Had my first HT what next / NW6 - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Ok here are 1 month beard donor area pictures after a cleanish shave .

Quote Originally Posted by kundun View Post
    Vinnytr thanks for the info.
    Dr Doganay had drawn my attention after I had seen a HT from someone in Antwerpen (who apparently also knows you...) He posts pics on a regular basis. Have to admit it looks very good.
    Both of you speak Turkish which is an advantage. I had problems contacting them due to language problems. When I visited them to asked a translator to help.
    What worries me is if there remain scars in the beard area. Both of apparently don't have any.
    Language should not be an issue , Dr Doganay told me he is recruiting a german/english speaker just to deal with patients from outside Europe .
    When i was over there for my HT last month he sounded very enthusiastic about sharing his work on various international forums.
    I am awaiting some pictures from his other patients mainly local ones where he can track their progress regularly and take pics .
    I will share them on the forum as well as my own .

Thanks for the pics. Looks good.

I don't see any scars in the beard area only some irritation from wrong growing hair but that will disappear.
    When I was there a few weeks ago Dr Doganay told me that a translater was starting in January.

@ Vinnytr : I read the postings from you before your HT regarding the Choi implanterpen.
    Do you know how Dr Doganay handles multiple grafts with the pen ?

Quote Originally Posted by kundun View Post
    @ Vinnytr : I read the postings from you before your HT regarding the Choi implanterpen.
    Do you know how Dr Doganay handles multiple grafts with the pen ?
    Yes those were the times i was researching about his technique and i was shocked by the amount of negative views regarding choi implanter . However i am a quite mechanically minded guy myself and after seeing how it works the use of a choi implanter pen compared to cutting slits on your scalp to insert grafts in made more sense to me. I have also seen Dr Doganay s results with lots of patients which did help too .
    I think i found the answer to the question "why does not other ht surgeons use choi implanter pen ?" From what i have seen the simple answer is ,this technique requires a larger team of nurses to seperate / clean grafts and constantly re-fill the choi pens during translant.

He uses different diameter pens for different grafts , max diameter was 0.9mm if i remember correctly .

Vinnytr thanks for your info.

I have seen a video where they used the choi pen. I saw several people filling the pen. Much more people were needed compared with traditional slits.

Probably it is still to realy to say something about your status ?

you are welcome

Yeah very early days for me still . I am reaching 2 month mark and as you can guess its the hardest .Most of the planted hair has fallen off ,the rest kept growing in unequal lengths . Now encouraging part is ,i can see various hair follicules coming out of the scalp ,like for the first time

I think , like it happened to most dr doganay patients ,quite a big percentage of hairs will be coming out around 4 month mark and go on .
    He recommends starting proscar 1.25 mg 1 month before the HT to help reduce shock loss of planted hairs . I never used fin ,i never will .
    Currently all i am using is zinc,biotin and rogaine foam (after 1 month of HT)

Good lad Vinny, Im having my first HT in a few months and its nice to see someone who will not be using Fin post operation. I am of a similar opinion.

I am an NW3 but I have relatively thick hair from the middle of my scalp backwards. I will prob need another procedure before Histogen/Aderans arrive but I think I can cover up with Toppik until then. My rate of hair loss is pretty slow.

Good Luck

I used Fina for a half year, years ago. But stopped due to too many side effects. Think that stuff can't be healthy.
    On Sunday I will visit a belgian guy who had his HT with Dr Doganay in June.
    Am very curious to see it and if there are no scars in the beard area.
    Seems to mee Doganay uses beard area with most patients.

Would love to see more pics of final beard results.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin