+ Reply to Thread

Default HAIR RESCUED! 5months minox/nizoral 3months finasteride results

SORRY FOR THE BIG IMAGES, Didn't know they would turn out so big, just zoom out ( Ctrl+mouse scroll).

front hair before

front hair after

top view before

top view after

top view before (trying to show bald spots)

after

how my hair look a year before

now

Still need much more density in the frontal third, my hair is very frizzy and dry because of the low density and the way I have to comb it so it doesn't show any bald spots, I doubt that the finasteride has caused any growth at this point of time (taking 1mg proscar eod) but I did notice decrease in forehead oiliness and less acne. Is it possible that I can still get major regrowth in the front from the finasteride?

It's not quite believable as one image to the next is very dramatic, but if you're getting the results then good for!

Keep doing what you're doing, one question, you're not using any concealer in these images right?

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 67mph View Post
    It's not quite believable as one image to the next is very dramatic, but if you're getting the results then good for!

Keep doing what you're doing, one question, you're not using any concealer in these images right?
    what would he gain by decieving anyone?

Well, My hair is longer in the recent photos which I attribute to the regime as prior to it My frontal hair would not grow longer and as you can see from the first photo is has thickened up a lot at the hairline.

I do believe I have had major change in the vertex and front however, I still need my hairline to grow into terminal hairs ( seems to be taking a long time), plus as you can see my frontal third is still very low in density , the 8'th picture, but I can still comb it forward to cover the bald spots (picture 9) .

My temples have grown significantly, all I want is for my front hair to gain much more density so it wont be so frizzy when trying to style it.

Nope no concealer( that would defeat the point), I tried comparing same angles and hair styles but it can be very difficult to do.

Hard to see the difference in improvement due to the size of the pictures. Try to re-size them and reupload them.

It fixed your acne? I got pretty bad acne going on with my shedding right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Hard to see the difference in improvement due to the size of the pictures. Try to re-size them and reupload them.
    you can just zoom out using Ctrl+mouse scroll.

@Bigthinker, I thinked it helped a lot and reduced my forehead oiliness but I still have some acne but not a lot as it used to be.

After 3 months on fin?

that's pretty solid results! did you go through shedding alot?

Thanks, but I doubt the finasteride had anything to do with it. I hope my hair still can improve through minox or fin or both. In terms of shedding, before treatment whenever I put my hand through my hair I would get quite a few hairs lost. After 3-4 weeks of treatment, I noticed a significant shed where so many small thin hairs would fall out of my hair when combing, It was a lot of hairs shed everyday which lasted for 2-3 weeks.

Surprisingly it didn't have a huge effect on my hair since my hair was already shit to begin with at that stage. At month 2,3, Whenever I comb or put my hand through my hair, nothing would fall out or maybe like 1-5 hairs that made my feel so much better. Now however, more hairs fall out but not as much as before treatment

Here is a picture of how much I lose now when I comb my hair or put my hands through it, of course this amount doesn't happen all the time, sometimes less.

Here is a picture of my hair 1.5 years ago, notice the temples.

this pic( same as one posted in the original post) is from around 1 year ago after my hair took a huge hit from winter shed.

For me, its a huge cosmetic difference but I really hope the finasteride does it works and stops any more hairloss and it would be a huge bonus if it can regrow at the front.