+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default some 1 year fin/minox/niz pics

I just montaged what I found on my HD because a guy asked to see my progress on another thread, so I figured I may as well share them here as well.

The pictures aren't ideal, it depends on haircut, light, etc. The blonde pic was at the end of summer btw. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Did you have any shedding? I started a minox / supplement / nizoral regimen 2 months ago and have large amounts of shedding.

I didn't really notice any shedding personally, but my hair is so fine and short that it doesn't really get caught in the shower hair catcher. When I was in hair loss denial I remember I would be studying, and running my hands through my hair because I was stressed, and there would be A LOT of hairs on my page.

However, the shedding is supposed to be a good thing, people report it's a sign that the medication is working, as it's forcing a new hair cycle. They should grow back bigger and stronger. You definitely have to wait it out I think dude.

Thumbs up

Great results. Proves how effective the big 3 can really be.

Unk, do you have any pictures from the front. If not, did fin help in re-filling the temples. By the way, did you start taking fin at NW2 stage?

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Unk, do you have any pictures from the front. If not, did fin help in re-filling the temples. By the way, did you start taking fin at NW2 stage?
    I didn't really take any front pictures, it didn't seem a very accurate/flattering measure I just have general facebook photos, but I'm betting I detagged any soul crushers.

Impossible for me separate the effects to one particular treatment. I'm sure fin reversed some miniaturization, but I want to say that minoxidil regrows the hair. I have a habit of applying minox more on my right temple because im using my right hand, and it was becoming asymmetrical with regrowth. Now I tried to apply the same care to the left and hey presto, i'm getting some hairs there now. Though this worries me about if/when minox effects wane, sounds like a majority experience it within a few years.

Since I would categorize myself as a diffuse thinner, I don't seem to follow the patterns, as my hair at the front and temples was the first to go, working it's way across the top. I felt like a 3A, but maybe I was a 2A. I feel closer to a 2 now, but a fraudulent one since my hair density still feels 50% of normal across the front 75% of my head. I actually think I've got better and worse. The hair at the front has gained density, but the reduction in density has reached the crown. Maybe that means all my effects are from minox, and fin doesn't work at all. Who knows, time will tell! I'm definitely going to aim for 0.05mg dose daily now though, I'll see how that goes.

Niz is once a week. Do you use regular shampoo on every other day? Which shampoo? Great results btw, congrats.

Cheers btw amadeus, ravegrover

I probably use nizoral every 4-5 days if I can, but i'm not very consistent. I also only realised last week that people tell you to leave it on for 5 minutes, I was just washing with it. I use minox morning and night, though again the regime can slip. And finasteride i've had doses from 0.05-1mg every day or every other day. I'm not sure what dose to conclude yet.

I use a "naked" shampoo from the UK, natural ingredients only, sulphate free, and it's accompanying conditioner. Not much good for volumising, but it washes my hair right. Probably use it every day or every 2 days, depending.

Important update, please read!

At the 13/14 month mark now, 2 months since the 11 month picture, and i'm fairly sure my hair has drastically deteriorated - how bizarre?

I shaved my head, but it's almost not growing back, my hair is the thinnest on top it's ever been in 4 previous head shaves in 18 months, and the thinning 6-12 months ago has progressed from the front half of my head, to the back of the crown. A very noticeable pattern in all lights.

Since treatment, my temples HAVE grown 2-3cm of diffuse hairs, and actually blend in to the thin top of my head now, yet the top seems to have definitely got worse.

Is this due to a difference in where medications can effect? Am I going through a bad shed? Despite the balding, last week I decided to take a stand against the severe dark sunken eyes and forehead wrinkles I've acquired over the past year (i'm 23 btw), so i've halved my dose of minoxidil, and will slowly lower the dose over a few months to gauge whether I can live without significant hairloss. I also have realised I think I can get away with using 2% niz every other day without a dry scalp.

Obviously I will continue my regime as normal, however i've decided to experiment with the hair makeup after this chilling progression. I never thought I would go that route, but then I didn't expect not to maintain better, now it's either paint my head or shave my head, and i'm not sure i'm ready for the latter option forever yet. I just ordered some dermmatch and toppik, I'll check in to let you know how it goes.

Its really odd its gone downhill after two months. Heck even after 11 months it looks great...

Have you spoken to someone about that at all, would perhaps be worth chasing up?