+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
    Hey guys quick update, upped the dose to .5mg ed a couple of months back and will be upping it to 1mg ed when i get my next batch in. Still not even a single side effect. Hair is ok, thicker all round in general but hair line on the right seems to be still receding, it's weird i can see loads of what seem like new hairs popping up but they're quite small and velus, and i shed quite a bit the last 2 months in that area , so what i hope has happened is that the hairs have gone into the 'resting' phase so it looks a bit shit now, but will be better later. Realized the other day that i'm still in the early stages of treatment and still not been on fin for even a year yet, and for 0.5mg for about 6 months, so gonna stick it out as i've got nothing to lose (ha). Will update if anything significant happens but yeah, it's hard to to tell with this drug....
    My hairline has continued to deteriorate as well, and it's more difficult to assess the rest of my hair since I keep it a couple inches long. Also like you, I keep hoping shed hairs have entered telogen phase, but I hear conflicting opinion on how long that should last. It's certainly not ~2 or 3 months for me, or I'd already be seeing them I'm pretty sure.

It's unrealistic to think we would revert to a thick NW1 off finasteride (I have to tell myself that very often). If we can keep enough up top to frame our face, I think that should make us happy.

Best luck with everything, and take pictures so you can assess efficacy!!!

Bigthinker: Yeah i agree i'm not gonna hope for a nw1, i doubt i ever have been a nw1 since i was about 11 tbh. I'm just looking for stabilization and to be fair that has been what i have got with most of my hair apart from the hairline, but i'm being very picky and scrutinizing it like hell generally. The thing is i havn't even given it a year, and when i compare to photos from 2 years ago the difference seems fairly negligible. My hairline has fluctuated in the past couple of months sometimes it looks good sometimes it looks awful but i think that's just because i look at it everyday. But better to be optimistic, especially as i'm only 10 months in.

K01: I suppose it's negligible, but it's like when your really tired or really busy and you realize you haven't thought about sex for a bit. It's really subjective, but i suppose that's what i meant. Thing is I'm fine now all systems go, as it were.

K01: I suppose it's negligible, but it's like when your really tired or really busy and you realize you haven't thought about sex for a bit. It's really subjective, but i suppose that's what i meant. Thing is I'm fine now all systems go, as it were.
    I appreciate your response. Keeping in mind that sex drive is variable and affected by a lot of things, like stress, I just tend to be skeptical when people note a "small" decrease in libido...that's all.

But your response makes sense.

KO1: Yeah i completely agree with you, i just think when i posted that i was hyper aware of any potential variation. As i said in hindsight it was negligible and i could put it down to a number of things that weren't fin.

Ok, scratch what i said before, Hairline/temple on the right is taking a sudden beating. receded and thinned out alot in what seems like 2 weeks. Anyone have any experience of this? it's not normal loss as the rate was pretty slow to begin with so probably a shed but still.. hmm.. annoying... again i know i'm in that weird 1st year 8-12 month shit period, but anyone got any positive experiences of things getting worse before they get better, just to humor me if anything, pretty bummed out atm. or just being impatient.

Do you have baseline photos?

Furthermore, even if you are right and you have receded, don't make the mistake of coming off the drug. You may recede more.

Ok, scratch what i said before, Hairline/temple on the right is taking a sudden beating. receded and thinned out alot in what seems like 2 weeks. Anyone have any experience of this? it's not normal loss as the rate was pretty slow to begin with so probably a shed but still.. hmm.. annoying... again i know i'm in that weird 1st year 8-12 month shit period, but anyone got any positive experiences of things getting worse before they get better, just to humor me if anything, pretty bummed out atm. or just being impatient.
    Doubt your hair could get noticeably worse since your last post unless you're pulling your hair out.

I've nothing to humor you, as I'm currently bummed and impatient as well. So much lost, so much miniaturization still. When will it end?

KO1: yeah i do, but it's hard to tell as i wasn't pulling my hairline back properly, it has receded though as i can't style it like i used to. Yeah i'm not gonna get off it, gonna up the dose though to 1mg soon.

Big thinker: Well yeah that's what i thought but it seemed like a whole cm line of my right temple just faded over 2-3 weeks. there are still velus hairs there and some lower down on the hairline but can't tell if they're minaturised or new ones.. Oh well. Yeah feel you're frustration man. Can only keep on sticking to the plan i guess..

Hello. Been a long time since i posted on here, but considering it's the end of the year thought i'd give everyone an update. My Hair is:

Really good actually!! my hairline seems to have stabilised and there are small velus hairs seemingly popping up around the hairline. Tbh i've been so busy that i didn't really notice the change until i did some mirror checks and realised that at the very least nothing has changed from last year, which means that the rate has slowed right down . Also the texture of my hair has gone really thick again. I'm cautiously optimistic because sometimes it looks like its going down hill again, but that also seems to coincide when i'm in a bad mood or tired.

So yeah, happy days, still keeping an eye on everything as sods law it'll deteriorate a day after i post this but yeah so far so good. Have a good new year guys and hang on in there.

Hello. Been a long time since i posted on here, but considering it's the end of the year thought i'd give everyone an update. My Hair is:

Really good actually!! my hairline seems to have stabilised and there are small velus hairs seemingly popping up around the hairline. Tbh i've been so busy that i didn't really notice the change until i did some mirror checks and realised that at the very least nothing has changed from last year, which means that the rate has slowed right down . Also the texture of my hair has gone really thick again. I'm cautiously optimistic because sometimes it looks like its going down hill again, but that also seems to coincide when i'm in a bad mood or tired.

So yeah, happy days, still keeping an eye on everything as sods law it'll deteriorate a day after i post this but yeah so far so good. Have a good new year guys and hang on in there.
    Hi Rochester,

how is it going so far? I am thinking of starting a low dosage of fin to mantain my hair and give it a bit of regrowth until something that will give me a full head again will come. I am scared as hell of sides.

Can you provide us an update now?

Thanks!