+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairloss & acne (a second puberty?) - who can relate??

I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar situation to me. I'm 24 years old, and my thinning started ~4-6 months ago, as best I can tell.Around the same time, I began to get really bad acne (which is still bad). The pimples aren't the little white heads you pop and wash away in the shower. These are the deep ones without heads; the ones that if you mess with will just inflame to 3x their size.

I had acne from ages ~13-19 or so, and have had near perfect skin since (no scars or anything, occasional pimple).

From what I've read on the internet, acne and hairloss may occur in conjunction with one another, because they are both the product of hormone changes/imbalances. However, I've never read about anyone speaking off acne problems along with their hair loss on this forum.

Frankly, I don't even care about the acne (my 14 year old self would be bummed as hell), but I feel like it is indicative my body is going through some hormonal changes, like a second puberty. I might add my libido is through the fkn roof, and my unit is larger (dead serious).

One more thing: This makes me a little bit more worried about starting fin, if it means messing with hormones that are, apparently, already unstable. Further, if it were to mess with my package and/or libido, and/or cause me to grow b*tch tits and stomach fat, I would probably just rather be bald.

**Dermatology appt Nov 12, I will be very holistic in explaining all my symptoms to them**

ANYONE!??!?

Bro, I was going threw the same shit a couple a weeks ago, I'm at age 23 and I was having the same type of pimples(ingrown acne) but thanks to retin-A it settle down. I also used to have pimples threw out my high school years and I had gorgeous hair NW0 but has I was getting older my temples starter to receded. My right temple seem to stop shedding but the left side is catching up. It sucks to lose what you used to have, especially when you didn't have to worry about hair loss and just focus on school, work, working out, and WOMEN! Now hair loss is on my mind every ****ing Day!! I hope aderean or histogen actual works and gets my temples back to a NW1. Ohhh and my penis also started to get bigger which I though it was the propecia, even my ex though i was taking some type of penis enlargement pills and she was tripping out at me. LOL

LOL.

Bro, that's so funny you say that. I never thought of myself as a "big" guy. But in the last ~year, girls have made comments about it to me - it's been an ego boost, not gonna lie.

One more thing: I've never had much in the way of temples anyways, but my right side is a bit worse than my left, just like you. Maybe you're my long lost bro, who knows, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    LOL.

Bro, that's so funny you say that. I never thought of myself as a "big" guy. But in the last ~year, girls have made comments about it to me - it's been an ego boost, not gonna lie.

One more thing: I've never had much in the way of temples anyways, but my right side is a bit worse than my left, just like you. Maybe you're my long lost bro, who knows, lol.
    LOL I totally agree, it's a big ego booster and I sometimes get carried away and I even have text messages to show haha I was drunk and stupid idk why I was texting like that anyway. Yeah who knows, you might be my long lost bro, we should should grab some drinks together. I'll invite some adventurous female friends.

LOL well I'm off for the weekend, have a safe adventurous night.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I actually have posted on this before.

I had very little acne until after I finished high school. Then I just broke out massively and had to go on accutane. It was like a second puberty as you say. I also grew a huge amount during that period and went from maybe 5'10 to 6'2. The accutane then caused hairloss which I'm trying to fix with finasteride and some other things now.

I had a standard blood test done and everything was fine.

I'm going to go and get a hormonal test done, along with one of lactose intolerance. Do these if I were you in order to eliminate any possible problems.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    I'd love to get a hormone test, especially before starting fin. Not sure that I will though. As for lactose intolerance, I drink 1/4 a gallon of whole milk a day; if i had lactose intolerance, I'd be dead.

Let me us know how the test goes, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I actually have posted on this before.

I had very little acne until after I finished high school. Then I just broke out massively and had to go on accutane. It was like a second puberty as you say. I also grew a huge amount during that period and went from maybe 5'10 to 6'2. The accutane then caused hairloss which I'm trying to fix with finasteride and some other things now.

I had a standard blood test done and everything was fine.

I'm going to go and get a hormonal test done, along with one of lactose intolerance. Do these if I were you in order to eliminate any possible problems.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    What does lactose intolerance have to do with this? When I was younger I was able to drink regular milk but a couple years ago I became lactose intolerance. I can't drink regular without take a massive dump. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    What does lactose intolerance have to do with this? When I was younger I was able to drink regular milk but a couple years ago I became lactose intolerance. I can't drink regular without take a massive dump. lol
    LOL. I think he may have been mentioning it as an "in addition to" sort of idea, now that I've re-read it. But yeah, I will probably not bother with a hormone test. Just start fin at .25 or .5 mg every other day, maybe only twice a week, for the first month, and go .25 daily after that. Not sure, hoping the derm doesn't suggest 1mg/day, I will probably be resistant to that.

Every time I have a big shed I get an outbreak of acne, usually on the top of my back and forehead. I'm 24 and never suffered from acne as a teenager it only started when i began losing hair.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJones12 View Post
    Every time I have a big shed I get an outbreak of acne, usually on the top of my back and forehead. I'm 24 and never suffered from acne as a teenager it only started when i began losing hair.
    Well, that's exactly what is happening to me, except I had acne before in my teens. Do you notice a spike in libido as well? I'm noticing a few individuals reporting decreased libido in conjunction with their shedding - very interesting, these hormones of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Well, that's exactly what is happening to me, except I had acne before in my teens. Do you notice a spike in libido as well? I'm noticing a few individuals reporting decreased libido in conjunction with their shedding - very interesting, these hormones of ours.
    yep, my sex drive decreased around about the same time as my first outbreak of acne.