Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chief Ohio
    • Oct 2012

Azelaic Acid vs Topical Spiro?

Im a little reluctant to start Propecia right now (as im sure many of you are)

So after many hours of searching the webs ive come across 2 products that are know DHT inhibitors and seem to both have (at least some) people saying good things about them.

One is topical spironolactone 5%. I know spiro can have some very bad side effects for men, but ive heard when applied topically thats not the case?
    And the other is Azelaic Acid 10% & 20% creams

SO id like to hear what you guys think, which one has worked for you and which one hasn't. What effects you think it had on your hair and what side effects (if any) you had while using them.
  • Amercancer
    • Oct 2011

I would also like to know cause I really need something to slow this shedding, but know if I would or should stop min.

Comment

• thatkidd
      • Aug 2012

I really wish you would reconsider Propecia. When I first got prescribed it I really wasn't aware of any of the sides and never experienced any change in feeling, erections, sex drive or anything. Just helped me keep some hair.

If you notice some sides (try not to make them up out of nothing...it is so easy to THINK something is happening just because you know it is possible, when it is really just in your head) then stop if you are really that worried. But from what I've read, any small signs of sides go away after a few months of treatment.

Sorry I can't add much input on your original question, but I wanted to give you my two cents on Propecia. Take care!

Comment

• dex89
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Chief Ohio
        Im a little reluctant to start Propecia right now (as im sure many of you are)

So after many hours of searching the webs ive come across 2 products that are know DHT inhibitors and seem to both have (at least some) people saying good things about them.

One is topical spironolactone 5%. I know spiro can have some very bad side effects for men, but ive heard when applied topically thats not the case?
        And the other is Azelaic Acid 10% & 20% creams

SO id like to hear what you guys think, which one has worked for you and which one hasn't. What effects you think it had on your hair and what side effects (if any) you had while using them.
        I use spiro for about 4 months and I haven't seen any side effects. The only thing I hate about spiro is that it makes your hair smells really nasty (skunk/weed)

Comment

• Chief Ohio
          • Oct 2012

Ive actually got a bottle of propecia that i look at every day, but i just cant bring myself to taking it yet.

Dex: how did spiro work for you? ive heard it smells like shit , but if thats what it takes to keep my hair so be it

Comment

• dex89
            • Jul 2012

Ive actually got a bottle of propecia that i look at every day, but i just cant bring myself to taking it yet.

Dex: how did spiro work for you? ive heard it smells like shit , but if thats what it takes to keep my hair so be it
            It really didn't help much on my temples but its only the 4 month mark, I'll give it 4 more months.

Comment

• thatkidd
              • Aug 2012

Haha I do this everyday with my bottle of Avodart. I look at my fat puffy nipples in the mirror and look at the bottle of Avodart and thank it for doing this to me. 8 damn pills might change my life forever.

Comment

Working...