+ Reply to Thread

Default What you guys think

Heya Guys

I hope you all well.
    I need some help. I have posted before about this. But your onions mean a lot to me. So hoping to get some fresh perspective.

I am a 27 Year old male. I have always had a Tonne of hair. 3 years ago I was put on antidepressants for my Anxiety.

I still maintain that since then my hair has gone so bad. My doctors however disagree.

I started to get a very red and inflamed scalp. And my Hair- all over my head started to fall out.

I started to get worried and through the 3 years saw a about 5 Dermatologists. 50% of them said I have MPB (The women doctors) and the other 50% (Male Doctors) Said I have Dermatitis and Diffused hairless from stress.

Just recently I looked into my antidepressants- The new revised packed insert show that Dermatitis and alopecia is a side effect.

I have posted some pictures for you guys to see. Picture number 1 is me on the left and a women on the right. The other pictures with the inflamed scalp is me.

My hairline from the top down is round with no receded angles. Slightly V shape but not much.
    Its Just these DAMN sides! AS you can see in picture number1 I drew a read circle around where I think my hair used to be.

I have this terrible low lying rash that you can see in the pictures that I think is causing my hair to fall.

My question to you guys. Is the Hairless you see in picture number 1 a common pattern for guys to loose hair? On the sides?

Your opinions would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	17188   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00298-20120729-0653.jpg

Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	17189   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00334-20120802-2346.jpg

Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	17190   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00335-20120802-2346.jpg

Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	17191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00336-20120802-2347.jpg

Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	17192  

im no expert but looks like some kind of effluvium

Why is everyone on anti depressants these days?

Yeah this dosnt look typical of MPB, unusual for guys to start loosing it from the sides.

Are you even sure your depression is actually caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain? Have you tried nateral alternatives like St Johns wart and 5 htp, exercise and councelling?

Maybe you could come off the anti-depressants those things are horrible!

For one I would advice you to stop the anti-depressants. I don't think they have anything to do with what you're going through HOWEVER....they will make your body change. I took antidepressants for one year back when I was 23 and 24. I was thin, and then all of a sudden my body completely changed for the not so good..I gained weight and I don't have a flat chest anymore. It messes up your hormones, and maybe it might mess with your hair...who knows...but you should just check that with a professional..You still seem to have a lot of hair, don't ignore it.

Hi Guys. Hope all well!!! , here is an update close to 4 years later- photo to Photo.
    The initial photo (left Side) and the photo taken recently this week (Right side). The arms of the specs help a lot with the marking.
    I am in a better head space with the anxiety however still carry tons of stress. I have somewhat gained control of my itchy scalp ( Dermatitis) with medication shampoo's and a low dose of roacutane prescribed by the derm.
    The Dermatologists thought process is the chronic stress (General Anxiety Disorder) Causes over active oil glands in the scalp- Causing excema and hairloss over time. He Looked behind the hairline and found no miniaturization present.

Maybe I have some OCD but I still feel that the side loss is related to MPB, I found this article on baldingblog:
    http://baldingblog.com/2014/04/01/co...s-and-balding/

My side loss is a very confusing problem.
    Thanks Guys
    P

Default Here is the Picture- Sorry forgot to attach. Thnx

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 4 years.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	36715

Hi Guys, I posted a reply to this topic. I am sure the Mod will add it soon and I will add the text explaining the image and what has transpired.
    Basically it is just about 4 years later between Pictures. Will add detailed text as soon as it comes available.
    Thanks everyone.
    P