+ Reply to Thread

Default 22 and thinning.

Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker on these forums and felt it was the right time to introduce myself and give my story. Thanks in advance for reading.

My story started about 18 months ago. People had said to me prior to this that I was going bald, but I couldn't really see it, be it through denial or just a lack of knowledge of what going bald meant. Anyway, I was at the gym picking up a weight when my mate went to me "Mate, you're going really thin at the top!". I said I wasn't, and continued lifting. Anyway, for whatever reason, I couldn't get this out of my head and went home and checked - it had started! Cue 18 months of self-consciousness and a failed attempt at propecia and here I am.

I am coming to terms with it slowly, but I still occasionally hate the thought of what other people might be seeing. I have a beautiful and loving girlfriend who I know will stick by me, but no amount of "Och, it doesn't matter" stops me feeling self-conscious. I'm sure you can all attest to this. I think I'm in the earlier stages of diffuse thinning, yet my hairline at the front seems to be taking on the receding pattern too. I am unsure. I fear that I am an aggressive balder and that I am destined to be bald, or get a crazy head tattoo!

I am back on propecia and have been graduating my usage of it and take it every few days at a minimal dose mainly just to stop my scalp burning and itching so much. I'm using Nizoral twice weekly - although I may make this thrice - and plan to start rogaine foam soon. I just don't want to be slapping something foreign on an irritated scalp, though it has calmed down a lot.

Anyway. That's most of my story. I'm a firm believer in the power of positivity and belief, though my expectations are realistic. I believe that positive thinking is often brushed off as fairy nonsense and only for fools, but it truly works. If people feel let down by underwhelming results from trials, remember that even the smallest advancement opens up realms of other opportunities. Think of Moore's Law. Do not give up hope.

Thank you all for reading,

SoClose

pictures? I would like to see your hair

Well a positive attitude always helps. When it first hit me I could see my scalp in the mirror when my hair was wet, I got pretty bummed for prob 2-3 weeks. Then no one said anything about it to me and I realized, regardless if people were even noticing, they weren't saying anything (even people close to me). So it's probably not even a big deal.

Further, I knew playing with my hair in the mirror under bright light (moved to a legit condo with a super bright bathroom), and being lost in thought about my hair when company was over, was simply just making the problem WORSE, if anything.

I set up a derm appointment, got keto from a GP, and now I'm only thinking about it when I'm doing an application and then NO more.

Shit man, you have a girlfriend! If you're getting laid on the regular, don't even think twice bout your hair except to see a professional or do an application.