+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

bringing hairs out of dormancy with one injection is a big accomplishment and quite possible this is what histogen can do!

From the publication of recent results it seems like women (or those who have mpb under control via balanced hormones/cox 2) will have the best results from histogen.

this is what the shed rate(telogen) Vs Growth rate (anagen) is all about and why thinning(density loss) appears in MPB -> desynchronised follicular cycling making it appear like a treatment did nothing regrowth.

If it is true that the basline shows the same number of FU's as the 3 month image then this could explain why.

Anyway i still think histogen for some is a major step forward than daily use minoxidil at reactivating dormant follicles.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post

Anyway, load the pic above down, and cover up my green dots with another color - and count the clicks/dots during making them again. Let me know YOUR numbers ... that's actually the INTENTION of this thread - namely, to review my results.
    Okay – I just did it again …

The counting of the green dots is unchanged (that means, I counted basically correct in both pics), and in addition, I counted and added the “ignored” hairs/FU’s (RED dots) in both pics. As you can see, I can do and try what ever I want, but I still can’t find the “statistically significant increase in the number of terminal hairs and hair thickness at 12 weeks”.

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

A Phase I/II 55 patient trial with a similar protocol but with 8 injections of HSC and control at baseline, and a repeat dose at week 6, has reached the 12 week primary safety and efficacy time point.
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01501617
    A total of 8 injections (about 3mm apart) will be administered into one of the 2 randomized sites (left or right) of the subject's scalp. Six weeks after the Baseline injection, the same treatment site will receive a repeat dose (the same volume and number of injections as used in the baseline) with no crossover.

The 8 blue dots in my 1st pic above mark the (estimated) position of the injection sites in the analyzed area. Remember, this trail subject got –all in all- 16 injections into this area: 8 at baseline and 8 again after 6 weeks!

Questions:

1) Why disappeared so many complete follicular units or single hairs COMPLETELY (15-18-24-26-41-45-48-58-63-70-79-81)
    in the 12 weeks pic at all, if the “hair stimulating complex” is working so great?

2) Why did so many hair become THINNER in the 12 weeks pic at all,
    within such a appropriate period, if HSC should actually effectuate completely the contrary?

3) Why did they inject the stuff in a completely NORMAL (hairy) cycling (anagen-catagen-telogen-anagen etc) area at all?

TrichoScan analyzed results of trail subject S2018:

Personally, I have no further comments, so at least ...
    ... here is what Mr. Tom Hanks is thinking about these investigated data:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjakaPkXghk

He needs to get laid......

but he is right.

They photos provided by Histogen are poor. They're dishing out all this amazing stats but the pictures show nothing like what they are claiming. Whats worrying is that surely they would use their best before / after picture to show obvious improvement?

They've recently updated everyone about their ever improving injections, but there is no photo evidence. I would have thought it would bring in investors aswell.

"with subjects age 40-59 seeing cosmetically significant results beginning at 12 weeks, including a mean increase of 39% in terminal hairs and 19.4% in total hair count in this age group in the current trial"

39% would be quite noticable, even without counting hairs. Prove it histogen! I suspecting they are distorting things to pull in the money. Lets hope they show us some impressive photos soon.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    They photos provided by Histogen are poor. They're dishing out all this amazing stats but the pictures show nothing like what they are claiming. Whats worrying is that surely they would use their best before / after picture to show obvious improvement?

They've recently updated everyone about their ever improving injections, but there is no photo evidence. I would have thought it would bring in investors aswell.

"with subjects age 40-59 seeing cosmetically significant results beginning at 12 weeks, including a mean increase of 39% in terminal hairs and 19.4% in total hair count in this age group in the current trial"

39% would be quite noticable, even without counting hairs. Prove it histogen! I suspecting they are distorting things to pull in the money. Lets hope they show us some impressive photos soon.
    The problem is this was a Phase I study with a 2cm2 treatment area, making it very difficult to provide a decent macro photo.

We have to wait till Phase II when they're injecting 200-300 injections into the entire scalp and then wait for a 6 month update. My guess is by October 2013 we will know how far they can go with this treatment.

Another issue I was thinking about is Minoxidil fails to maintain efficacy after a few years. How would Histogen be different, since we don't address the DHT issue? I guess only time will tell, as it did with Minoxidil.

I really hope Aderans also releases some positive results that way we can all go nuts in world cup 2014 knowing a cure is just around the corner!

Sorry to interject so abruptly, but is Aderans similar to Histogen, ie injections of growth factors? I've heard practically nothing about Aderans apart from the name since I've been following these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    The problem is this was a Phase I study with a 2cm2 treatment area,
    making it very difficult to provide a decent macro photo.

We have to wait till Phase II ...
    In fact, we ARE talking here about their Phase I/II (photo)results:

I think "Phase I/II" means that they, in addition, injected again into the same area after 6 weeks.

And here IS one of their (a few days ago) provided "decent macro photos":

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2012/10...20-%2024wk.jpg

To me, it seems that especially the temples of this guy look even densier in the BEFORE photo - what doesn't reflect their claims in their PR-web article.

In fact, we ARE talking here about their Phase I/II (photo)results:

I think "Phase I/II" means that they, in addition, injected again into the same area after 6 weeks.

And here IS one of their (a few days ago) provided "decent macro photos":

To me, it seems that especially the temples of this guy look even densier in the BEFORE photo - what doesn't reflect their claims in their PR-web article.

the guy looks old = possible major fibrosis buildup, that will take quite some time to fix.

lets see a macro photo of a treated person who is in the early stage of hair loss.

there is some improvement, but i suspect those in the earlier stages will respond better.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    the guy looks old = possible major fibrosis buildup, that will take quite some time to fix.

lets see a macro photo of a treated person who is in the early stage of hair loss.

there is some improvement, but i suspect those in the earlier stages will respond better.
    As you know, most guys lose their hair either very fast or very very slowly in their 20's - right? So, even Histogen's HSC would work, especially all those guys who start to lose their hair (aka "earlier stages"), Histogen themselves says ...

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/10/prweb10032346.htm

"Available non-surgical treatment options for alopecia focus on younger patients in the earlier stages of hair loss, with a primary purpose of retaining existing hair and supporting limited hair regrowth. This is not the trend seen in the clinical trials of HSC. In both the pilot and Phase I/II clinical trial, HSC treatment has shown efficacy across age groups, with subjects age 40-59 seeing cosmetically significant results beginning at 12 weeks, including a mean increase of 39% in terminal hairs and 19.4% in total hair count in this age group in the current trial."
    So, what?

In other words, the real HORROR is, that especially those young guys, who need such product most, will NOT really profit from such a "hair stimulating complex" (IF the shit works at all).

But hooray! - I'm in the very early 40's, I WILL profit from Histogen and after having the HSC procedure, I will look like this ...

Hooray!

Seriously, I really speculated in the past with Histogen for at least my crown area (there are still LOTS of miniaturized hairs!) - but, NO WAY!

As you know, most guys lose their hair either very fast or very very slowly in their 20's - right? So, even Histogen's HSC would work, especially all those guys who start to lose their hair (aka "earlier stages"), Histogen themselves says ...
    for the record, the average person will start losing density age 16 or around the time hormonal fluctations occur due to puberty. It only becomes noticeable/apparent to the eye around the 20s when significant amounts of density is lost, at which point they act on this via treatments.

So, what?

In other words, the real HORROR is, that especially those young guys, who need such product most, will NOT really profit from such a "hair stimulating complex" (IF the shit works at all).
    Of course they would.
    People are being lead to believe this is a "cure", this is far from a cure - its a major step forward as a next gen treatment.
    To me it looks like histogen wakes up follicles from dormancy (like minox) which is what most men 16-30 suffer from., it doesnt stop the balding process hence why things like this may or may not offer visible results for some people.