+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Cool brother. There are alot of great doctors out there that just overlook finasteride. My doctor has amazing reviews on web MD, yet he doesn't have the slightest of knowledge about fin, and this is dangerous. In terms of nutrition and supplements, doctors do not receive any kind of meaninful education on this in medical school. It is something the doctor has to take upon himself to further investigate. If your doctor gives you a sound answer as to why, that would definitely be a good sign. STILL, finasteride is handled terrible by the medical community. Don't want to scare you cause I know you will have a positive experience on it.
    I agree with you Dan after reading some of the posts here from people, especially young men using it, I looked into it when talking to a Derm before I had a HT and read what I could find on the net.

I truly believe it stopped my loss completely. Perhaps it effects us ole geezers differently--

Lots of cardio....zinc moderate supplementation....pelvic strengthening exercises(google it)....prayer.....eating foods that increase libido....

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    What a load of broscience.

If his problems are legitimately caused by Finasteride then he is suffering from a hormonal issue. If he legitmately wants to solve these issues he should see a doctor, get blood and hormone tests, and see what comes back.
    Thats not a bad suggestion and I guess my story holds no offical medical grounding so you can lable it brosciene if you like but tht doesn't mean it holds no truth

I did suffer an extremely low libido, from what I have read about fin I would say it was on a par if not worse. No morning or daytime erections for months and when I did they were so sensationless it was darn frustrating but I managed to recover so I decided to offer my adivse, we are all suffering from hairloss and the emotions that go with so if we cant share our stories and offer some help there is not much point in being on this site.

Btw Chrisis I dropped the zinc months ago when I reovered and I still have really high libido, probably the highest of my life.

As another member stated, HIT training and any cardio can work wonders for you. It lowers cholesterol and probably works other wonders besides making you lean and healthy. Three runs a week would really help you.

HIT training is High Intensity Interval training in case you dont know. Instead of a 30 min jog which would be classed as steady state cardio where your pulse ready is at a steady state matching your jogging speed you run at full sprint in intervals. A typial reigm would be a 5min warm up jog, 60seconds of a sprint at 100% of your capacity, 60 seconds of jogging at say 60% and then back to high intensity and so on for 10 mins or whatever you can manage, then a 5min cool down jog at say 40%.

The full speed sprint spikes your heart rate and the one minute jog at 60% is about the same time it takes for your heart rate to come down from its spike but then your off on another sprint which means you simulate sprint running for ten mins which is normally impossible and you kepp your pulse rate jacked.

With steady state you stop burning fat as soon as you stop but with HIT they say it an keep your metabolisim going for 7hrs after you stop. I like to think of the metabolisim as a furnance and with HIT you give it a lot of fuel.

I wont lie its torture at first but ease yourself into it and after a few months of it your energy levels will massively improve. None of my friends can keep up with me when I m walking and running and I always have get up and go, even after a poor nights sleep energy levels are very high, I fell about 18 and my friends always ask where I get my energy from and do I ever feel tired so it does wonders for the body that I cant explain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Thats not a bad suggestion and I guess my story holds no offical medical grounding so you can lable it brosciene if you like but tht doesn't mean it holds no truth

I did suffer an extremely low libido, from what I have read about fin I would say it was on a par if not worse. No morning or daytime erections for months and when I did they were so sensationless it was darn frustrating but I managed to recover so I decided to offer my adivse, we are all suffering from hairloss and the emotions that go with so if we cant share our stories and offer some help there is not much point in being on this site.

Btw Chrisis I dropped the zinc months ago when I reovered and I still have really high libido, probably the highest of my life.

As another member stated, HIT training and any cardio can work wonders for you. It lowers cholesterol and probably works other wonders besides making you lean and healthy. Three runs a week would really help you.

HIT training is High Intensity Interval training in case you dont know. Instead of a 30 min jog which would be classed as steady state cardio where your pulse ready is at a steady state matching your jogging speed you run at full sprint in intervals. A typial reigm would be a 5min warm up jog, 60seconds of a sprint at 100% of your capacity, 60 seconds of jogging at say 60% and then back to high intensity and so on for 10 mins or whatever you can manage, then a 5min cool down jog at say 40%.

The full speed sprint spikes your heart rate and the one minute jog at 60% is about the same time it takes for your heart rate to come down from its spike but then your off on another sprint which means you simulate sprint running for ten mins which is normally impossible and you kepp your pulse rate jacked.

With steady state you stop burning fat as soon as you stop but with HIT they say it an keep your metabolisim going for 7hrs after you stop. I like to think of the metabolisim as a furnance and with HIT you give it a lot of fuel.

I wont lie its torture at first but ease yourself into it and after a few months of it your energy levels will massively improve. None of my friends can keep up with me when I m walking and running and I always have get up and go, even after a poor nights sleep energy levels are very high, I fell about 18 and my friends always ask where I get my energy from and do I ever feel tired so it does wonders for the body that I cant explain.
    Sorry this is not directly related to the topic, but I do 20-25 minute run, then 5-6 30 second sprints at the end. Is the way you suggest more effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Sorry this is not directly related to the topic, but I do 20-25 minute run, then 5-6 30 second sprints at the end. Is the way you suggest more effective?
    Depending on age and fitness levels what I suggested would probably be the toughest or truest form of HIT running but like anything dont take a internet dudes word for it. Only do what you are capable of and researh it yourself.

My way is only one of many suggested approaches.

Dan please could you link me to your post about your finasteride experience? what dosage were you on?
    Best

Quote Originally Posted by freddiegemini View Post
    Dan please could you link me to your post about your finasteride experience? what dosage were you on?
    Best
    Hey Freddie, I actually havn't taken fin yet! I plan to in the near future. And I plan to take it at a low dose days a part (0.125mg 4-5 days a part). Still not 100% set on the dosage but in that area roughly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hey MrBlonde, Sorry for the slow reply. Had a busy week!

I really appreciate all of the info you put into your response. I'll take a note of the supplements you recommended and stock up.

What's your email addy and I'll message you there about how things go!

I can tell you as a veggie that cutting out red meat won't be a problem! Toco8 sounds very interesting!
    Its seems like you are doing a lot right with the Zinc and low red meat diet already. My only suggestion is that with a veggie diet you are not getting some essential fats and protein that could really help your recovery. I'm not expert on veggie diets and whether its just complex carbs your getting but would you consider getting of the veggie diet for 6 months to see if it aids your recovery? It could really help.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I don't want a discussion about whether long term side effects are psychological. I know they're not.

This is addressed just to people who have had long term side effects after taking this hormone altering drug.

Did you go through "cycles" of side effects? I've had a couple weeks recently where I felt I was returning to normal. Good sensitivity, good libido. This last few days though I've crashed. I feel numb and I've no sexual urges at all.

Has anyone experienced this? Does this go away in time? Bear in mind it's been 7 months since I stopped taking it. I'm supplementing 30mg of zinc a day and have been taking good care of my health.
    You should really get some blood work done and see an Endocrinologist, Although I have never taken propecia I recently went to my GP because my urges wernt as frequent and I was feeling tired all the time, he checked my bloods, my testosterone result came back very low, got to have it rechecked this week to make sure it wasn't a one off. If it comes back low again he is going to refer me to an Endocrinologist. I hope it's normal as I plan on taking propecia some time in the near future but I don't want to mess with my hormones if theres a problem already there..