X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiwi
    • Mar 2011

Histogen show "cosmetic" results oct 2012 update

It's coming lads!!!! It's coming.,.

First time in 8 years I've been doing this shit that one of them announced "cosmetic" results:
  • NotBelievingIt
    • Oct 2011

The bigger question remains: when!?

And the biggest: how long will it last?!

Comment

• mjolnir
      • Jan 2012

I think the biggest question is whether it's compoundable. I wouldn't mind needing repeat treatments if enough of them would get my crown back to full thickness.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
        The bigger question remains: when!?

And the biggest: how long will it last?!
        Well the members of the first trial experienced hair growth beyond the 2 year point! And that was with just a single dose of their lowest strength compound! This is a treatment designed to last a lifetime!

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mjolnir
          I think the biggest question is whether it's compoundable. I wouldn't mind needing repeat treatments if enough of them would get my crown back to full thickness.
          Good point, that and how long it lasts. Even if its compoundable if you have to redo it every 5 years...at some point you gotta realize you are gonna need the money to retire, unless you're well off.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Good point, that and how long it lasts. Even if its compoundable if you have to redo it every 5 years...at some point you gotta realize you are gonna need the money to retire, unless you're well off.
            tbh dont think i will give a shit about hairloss once i hit post 45+

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
              • May 2011

Seems promising. Wonder when this can be on the market.

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

If youre worried about a relatively insignificant procedure like this potentially once every 5 years affecting your retirement plan, perhaps you don't have a good retirement plan to begin with.

These injections aren't going to break the bank.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
                  If youre worried about a relatively insignificant procedure like this potentially once every 5 years affecting your retirement plan, perhaps you don't have a good retirement plan to begin with.

And more importantly, as time goes on better treatments are likely to come out with histogen getting cheaper.

When histogen is released , it will be a game changer, companies will look to build upon it, much like when CDs replaced cassettes etc.

Comment

• mjolnir
                    • Jan 2012

Well we don't know that - the cost will be whatever the market can bear, and if a few rich people are willing to pay a lot of money to keep their hair, then those not quite so well off may have to think twice before making the investment.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Well we don't know that - the cost will be whatever the market can bear, and if a few rich people are willing to pay a lot of money to keep their hair, then those not quite so well off may have to think twice before making the investment.
                      histogen want to capture the market share. This means overtaking existing treatments

They wont do that if they charge it an extremely high prices.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

A hair transplant won't cost more than $12,000 CAD, and thats with Gho at 2,500 grafts. If you can't save up $12,000 in 5 years, you need to reevaluate your finances. Histogen cannot cost an unrealistic amount. 12k is already pushing it with Gho, I can't see Histogen costing more than $15,000, the market most likely won't allow it. Whats more likely to happen is that they'll price it at the maximum the market can handle, and all other solutions will trickle down in price... as in, expect the rest of the industry to be shitting bricks when Histogen becomes an option, they'll be forced to drive their own prices down to stay competitive and Histogen will have to price it accordingly. Out with the old, in with the new.

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

A hair transplant won't cost more than $12,000 CAD, and thats with Gho at 2,500 grafts. If you can't save up $12,000 in 5 years, you need to reevaluate your finances. Histogen cannot cost an unrealistic amount. 12k is already pushing it with Gho, I can't see Histogen costing more than $15,000, the market most likely won't allow it. Whats more likely to happen is that they'll price it at the maximum the market can handle, and all other solutions will trickle down in price... as in, expect the rest of the industry to be shitting bricks when Histogen becomes an option, they'll be forced to drive their own prices down to stay competitive and Histogen will have to price it accordingly. Out with the old, in with the new.
                          Histogen at $15000 is laughable, there's a reason why many dont do a hair transplant and part of that is the cost. $12000 is on the lower end, most are higher but still, It's hard to justify tossing $15000 on a bit of hair when you're only making say 40,000 a year(if you're younger or whatever) it's just not practical.

Histogen will be in the hundreds range IMO as that's cheap enough so that every hairloss sufferer can afford it once every few years. Once you get into the $1000's, you lose customers.

EDIT: because this product is not a fullout reversal as well, it seems, so far, to only help with more moderate loss although I'm not sure what happens if you continue to inject in different spots.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by rdawg
                            Histogen at $15000 is laughable, there's a reason why many dont do a hair transplant and part of that is the cost. $12000 is on the lower end, most are higher but still, It's hard to justify tossing $15000 on a bit of hair when you're only making say 40,000 a year(if you're younger or whatever) it's just not practical.

Histogen will be in the hundreds range IMO as that's cheap enough so that every hairloss sufferer can afford it once every few years. Once you get into the $1000's, you lose customers.

EDIT: because this product is not a fullout reversal as well, it seems, so far, to only help with more moderate loss although I'm not sure what happens if you continue to inject in different spots.
                            When I enquired about HT, I got quotes from Ferundi and Hasson and wong for 9k.

Comment

• mjolnir
                              • Jan 2012

I can easily save up $12k in 5 years. I can easily save up $12k in 6 months. That doesn't mean I want to spend that much on my vanity.

Comment

Working...