+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
    Haha, not complaining exactly - just pointing out that this may not be an option for some people. Regardless of price, it's an amazing achievement.
    I think the poor wont be able to afford it, but anyone who is in a decent profession will.

Also you have to remember that it is likely after a while, many wont be bothered with topping up. E.g. once they have a family. Besides if it < 5k after every 5 years. That is nothing.

1k or so is the perfect price, maximize profits while still being cheap enough for everyone to afford.

asking 1k from me to reverse most of my hairloss to the way it was is fine, asking me to drop 10-15k on an HT is where I would question that decision alot.(especially as it's not exactly the same as it would be.).

I do have a few questions that need to be answered though:

Does this stuff last indefinitely? or is it months or years?
    What happens if when after say a year or two and it starts to fall out(if it does), will it be able to come back with repeat treatments?
    What happens with even more injections?

we'll see if they answer these questions soon in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    First they complain about there not being an adequate solution on the market.

Then the price.

Ridiculous.

I remember reading a PDF with projected prices.

Histogen said it would cost 1k.
    Yeah, there is no way Histogen will cost 10K+. This is something that can be mass produced and is easy to administer. An entire head could be done by one person in probably a very short amount of time i.e.. less than a half hour. The manual labor involved with a transplant, not only inhibits the number of patients they can treat, but costs a great deal of money. You need a team of well trained, expensive med techs and dr to put in a full day for one patient. That's why they cost so much.

Histogen will probably be 1-2K for a treatment.

Must suck to be in the 14&#37; that didn't respond well to the treatment. That is exactly a reason why several treatments need to be developed alongside HM. Transplants with unlimited donor supply and a couple of HM techniques working together should be the ideal in the future.

Eagerly waiting for the presentation, hope we get portrait photos and videos and not just hard numbers and macro pictures of follicles. At least everything seems to be working in the right direction.

And don't worry about the cost, sure, it might be costly at first, but if the technology really works, and with such a high demand, once the demand and supply stabilizes, it has to become dirty cheap to have it done

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Must suck to be in the 14&#37; that didn't respond well to the treatment. That is exactly a reason why several treatments need to be developed alongside HM. Transplants with unlimited donor supply and a couple of HM techniques working together should be the ideal in the future.

Eagerly waiting for the presentation, hope we get portrait photos and videos and not just hard numbers and macro pictures of follicles. At least everything seems to be working in the right direction
    Well we still need an update from Aderans(I believe they're going into phase III as well soon?) and Allergan(I think it's safe to say this will get approved.)

So it's fair to say alongside Histogen that there will be one or two more products to come out in the next 3-4 years.

EDIT: Not to mention we still need to see what happens with the PGD2 studies.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and/or videos. The press release sounds promising, hopefully the media they release in the future will be equally promising.

Who cares about price for now. I'd be ecstatic just to have a treatment that works. Let's worry about the price after we establish if and how well it works.

Thank god some good news for a change, this board really needs it. Lets get this to market asap!!! Histogen for the win!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Thank god some good news for a change, this board really needs it. Lets get this to market asap!!! Histogen for the win!!!!
    Agreed!!! There are so many whingey little pricks here - this is a time to be happy about what we do know. Not to be negative about "what ifs".

Naysayers begone!!!!

Can someone clarify the arguments for/against histogen for me? lol

Quote Originally Posted by amibald View Post
    Can someone clarify the arguments for/against histogen for me? lol
    For -

- Maintains hair
    - Shown cosmetic regrowth at the temples in 'growth booster' pdf. First treatment to do so.

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

- Statistics are impressive 85&#37; have responded to it, by that thickening of velius hair
    - Regrown hair at the temples
    - Side Effect free

Against:

- Latest photos are do not show a huge improvement from the before.
    - Might be expensive (speculation)
    - Whining for the sake of whining
    - Wont be released until 2014-15 (speculation)
    - Speculation that it wont work for higher norwoods. (speculation)

From the histogen web site:

"We are excited that HSC has not only continued to show unprecedented results, but that the addition of a second treatment time point in the Phase I/II clinical trial has resulted in even greater hair growth than the pilot study," said Gail K. Naughton, Ph.D., Histogen CEO and Chairman of the Board. "Particularly compelling is the growth seen in more difficult types and stages of hair loss. Without limitations to treatment area, age or stage of balding, HSC has the potential to expand the hair restoration market by offering a successful option to those that currently have none."

Available non-surgical treatment options for alopecia focus on younger patients in the earlier stages of hair loss, with a primary purpose of retaining existing hair and supporting limited hair regrowth. This is not the trend seen in the clinical trials of HSC. In both the pilot and Phase I/II clinical trial, HSC treatment has shown efficacy across age groups, with subjects age 40-59 seeing cosmetically significant results beginning at 12 weeks, including a mean increase of 39% in terminal hairs and 19.4% in total hair count in this age group in the current trial.
    Oh and did I forget:

- Whining for the sake of whining