+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
    Well we don't know that - the cost will be whatever the market can bear, and if a few rich people are willing to pay a lot of money to keep their hair, then those not quite so well off may have to think twice before making the investment.
    histogen want to capture the market share. This means overtaking existing treatments

They wont do that if they charge it an extremely high prices.

Well we don't know that - the cost will be whatever the market can bear, and if a few rich people are willing to pay a lot of money to keep their hair, then those not quite so well off may have to think twice before making the investment.
    A hair transplant won't cost more than $12,000 CAD, and thats with Gho at 2,500 grafts. If you can't save up $12,000 in 5 years, you need to reevaluate your finances. Histogen cannot cost an unrealistic amount. 12k is already pushing it with Gho, I can't see Histogen costing more than $15,000, the market most likely won't allow it. Whats more likely to happen is that they'll price it at the maximum the market can handle, and all other solutions will trickle down in price... as in, expect the rest of the industry to be shitting bricks when Histogen becomes an option, they'll be forced to drive their own prices down to stay competitive and Histogen will have to price it accordingly. Out with the old, in with the new.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    A hair transplant won't cost more than $12,000 CAD, and thats with Gho at 2,500 grafts. If you can't save up $12,000 in 5 years, you need to reevaluate your finances. Histogen cannot cost an unrealistic amount. 12k is already pushing it with Gho, I can't see Histogen costing more than $15,000, the market most likely won't allow it. Whats more likely to happen is that they'll price it at the maximum the market can handle, and all other solutions will trickle down in price... as in, expect the rest of the industry to be shitting bricks when Histogen becomes an option, they'll be forced to drive their own prices down to stay competitive and Histogen will have to price it accordingly. Out with the old, in with the new.
    Histogen at $15000 is laughable, there's a reason why many dont do a hair transplant and part of that is the cost. $12000 is on the lower end, most are higher but still, It's hard to justify tossing $15000 on a bit of hair when you're only making say 40,000 a year(if you're younger or whatever) it's just not practical.

Histogen will be in the hundreds range IMO as that's cheap enough so that every hairloss sufferer can afford it once every few years. Once you get into the $1000's, you lose customers.

EDIT: because this product is not a fullout reversal as well, it seems, so far, to only help with more moderate loss although I'm not sure what happens if you continue to inject in different spots.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Histogen at $15000 is laughable, there's a reason why many dont do a hair transplant and part of that is the cost. $12000 is on the lower end, most are higher but still, It's hard to justify tossing $15000 on a bit of hair when you're only making say 40,000 a year(if you're younger or whatever) it's just not practical.

Histogen will be in the hundreds range IMO as that's cheap enough so that every hairloss sufferer can afford it once every few years. Once you get into the $1000's, you lose customers.

EDIT: because this product is not a fullout reversal as well, it seems, so far, to only help with more moderate loss although I'm not sure what happens if you continue to inject in different spots.
    When I enquired about HT, I got quotes from Ferundi and Hasson and wong for 9k.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I can easily save up $12k in 5 years. I can easily save up $12k in 6 months. That doesn't mean I want to spend that much on my vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    When I enquired about HT, I got quotes from Ferundi and Hasson and wong for 9k.
    depends on the amount you need though as well, 9k is probably a smaller HT(density addition maybe), most reputable ones from what I've read are in the 10-20k range for say a NW4-5

This is fuᴄking awesome!

I can easily save up $12k in 5 years. I can easily save up $12k in 6 months. That doesn't mean I want to spend that much on my vanity.
    First they complain about there not being an adequate solution on the market.

Then the price.

Ridiculous.

I remember reading a PDF with projected prices.

Histogen said it would cost 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    First they complain about there not being an adequate solution on the market.

Then the price.

Ridiculous.

I remember reading a PDF with projected prices.

Histogen said it would cost 1k.
    Haha, not complaining exactly - just pointing out that this may not be an option for some people. Regardless of price, it's an amazing achievement.