+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I've taken finisteride off and on for more than 15 years. I don't believe I've experienced any side effects. If I have they've been too minor to notice. If you compare side effects reported from Propecia to those reported by patients taking placebos,the results don't seem very significant.
    I have no idea why some people say it might muddle your brain or what ever, but i don't think that's a reasonable concern. Eunuchs and sex change patients don't seem to have cognitive problems due to lack of DHT, so I don't see why other men should.
    By the way, I'm 41 and I'm sure I'll be taking it when I'm 43. I'm sure its nice to have hair even when you're in your 40s and 50s.

Thanks James for that really good run-down.

I think I had a baseline DHT at some point in the last year and I am going to try to run it down before I start. And then think about .5mg

No problem at all. I found some of the relevant graphs, courtesy of spex: http://www.**********************.co...art-topic.html

James

Thanks unk/James thats a very interesting read, always good to have someone with a scientific mind on these boards! I am only 5.8 Feet tall, weigh 9 stone and have slow hairloss on my front/crown area so I sound like an ideal candidate for a lower dose than the 1mg norm. I'll be starting off on 0.5 daily and see where to go from there.

For some reason that link you posted seems to have been censored though?

http://67.227.210.96/showthread.php?p=28245 It seems I can't link from that website, though I found the dose-response curve on this forum, seems that works!

Once you can see them, the differences in dose are marginal, it's up to you to make an informed decision. Don't get me wrong, personalisation makes sense, but it is purely recent anecdotal speculation as far as I know. I still recommend consulting a doctor/dermatologist who will be able to do test/DHT testing. It was only a few weeks ago I asked on the forums for help to get this done in the UK, as i've seen a few GP's who turned me away knowing nothing about hair loss.
    Last edited by unk; 10-22-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: link

My opinion on finasteride;

Men want to keep their hair so they can still get girls.

What is the point of taking fin to maintain your hair....just to get a girl...then have a broken penis/sexual disfunction?

Just doesn't seem worth it to me. Many will scream "oh he's just a fear mongerer" Well, tell that to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of victims and law firms with multi MILLION dollar law suits. Some people are so easily persuaded and advertised to by big pharma...haha they believe whatever the company says about the safety of a drug is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post

What is the point of taking fin to maintain your hair....just to get a girl...then have a broken penis/sexual disfunction?

Just doesn't seem worth it to me. Many will scream "oh he's just a fear mongerer" Well, tell that to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of victims and law firms with multi MILLION dollar law suits. Some people are so easily persuaded and advertised to by big pharma...haha they believe whatever the company says about the safety of a drug is true.
    Yet there's a couple million who have no problems at all that use it.

that's why it's fear mongering, that 'ten thousand' (which is an arguable number unless provided a link to back it up) is a small minority. Propecia is used by tonnes of people, thet people that have these massive permanent 'broken penis' are quite rare, I can count on a single hand the people that are or did experience what they think is permanent dysfunction while using the stuff.

as someone else said above, ease into it, it's a great way to see if you'll have problems, as 0.2-0.5 gives you alot of the benefit, with less chance of a problem. Because honestly, there are alot of benefits to finasteride, including holding onto the hair you have(which so far, I've actually gotten minor improvement from it after 4 months.)

TENS OF THOUSANDS of victims and law firms with multi MILLION dollar law suits
    Where did you get this estimate from? Can you please explain?

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

are you for real

Why is every single person that has/had sides so ****ing retarded? It makes it so hard to feel sorry for them