Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Person
    • Jun 2012

My opinion on finasteride;

Men want to keep their hair so they can still get girls.

What is the point of taking fin to maintain your hair....just to get a girl...then have a broken penis/sexual disfunction?

Just doesn't seem worth it to me. Many will scream "oh he's just a fear mongerer" Well, tell that to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of victims and law firms with multi MILLION dollar law suits. Some people are so easily persuaded and advertised to by big pharma...haha they believe whatever the company says about the safety of a drug is true.

Comment

• rdawg
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Person

What is the point of taking fin to maintain your hair....just to get a girl...then have a broken penis/sexual disfunction?

Just doesn't seem worth it to me. Many will scream "oh he's just a fear mongerer" Well, tell that to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of victims and law firms with multi MILLION dollar law suits. Some people are so easily persuaded and advertised to by big pharma...haha they believe whatever the company says about the safety of a drug is true.
      Yet there's a couple million who have no problems at all that use it.

that's why it's fear mongering, that 'ten thousand' (which is an arguable number unless provided a link to back it up) is a small minority. Propecia is used by tonnes of people, thet people that have these massive permanent 'broken penis' are quite rare, I can count on a single hand the people that are or did experience what they think is permanent dysfunction while using the stuff.

as someone else said above, ease into it, it's a great way to see if you'll have problems, as 0.2-0.5 gives you alot of the benefit, with less chance of a problem. Because honestly, there are alot of benefits to finasteride, including holding onto the hair you have(which so far, I've actually gotten minor improvement from it after 4 months.)

Comment

• khan
        • Aug 2011

TENS OF THOUSANDS of victims and law firms with multi MILLION dollar law suits
        Where did you get this estimate from? Can you please explain?

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
          • Apr 2012

are you for real

Comment

• Benzzro
            • Jun 2012

Why is every single person that has/had sides so ****ing retarded? It makes it so hard to feel sorry for them

Comment

• Be oaf
              • Oct 2012

So, new direction: If I can't cut the pill down to .5, would 1.25 every other (or third) day be effective? Or is that not a correct approach?

Comment

• JJacobs152
                • May 2011

Originally posted by Soxfaninfl
                I'm going to stay on propecia. I've been on it for 7 months with no sides. I'm was worried about sides if I up my dosage from 1mg to 1.25mg (cutting proscar into quarters. My doc gave me a prescription for proscar to save money since propecia costs me 87 dollars for a 1 month supply.
                $87 for a month supply... please please please tell me that you do not have insurance...

Comment

• khan
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Be oaf
                  I just got my doc to prescribe finasteride and will cut the 5mg pill in quarters for daily dose (he knows). I have some crown thinning and some frontal receding. I think I'm about a Norwood 2 or 2.5. 43 years old. I use rogaine once at night. I have been using t-fal shampoo with success in controlling itching/flaking.

I'm a bit nervous, having read some finasteride horror stories.

Any words of advice or success stories??
                  Don't start with the full 1.25mg/day. Try 1.25 2times a week for a month, then perhaps 3 times a week for a months and so on.

It helps a lot psychologically, otherwise you will constantly be freakin out (if you're like me ).

Comment

• StayThick
                    • Oct 2012

I was in the OP's spot exactly 1 1/2 years ago...asked the same questions and posted on similar forums. Rolled the dice..and realized taking that FIN poison was the worst thing I ever done..

I won't go in a rant about the sides I experienced because I already did in another thread...but dude..conduct your research and realize you are taking a gamble on experiencing sides A and B if you quit...that they may reside for quite some time..

It's been 5 months since I have been off (took it 1 year, reduced dosage last 2 months) and I am still not 100%. BUT i have been active in the gym, fighting all this fat I gained in the mid-section, and am slowly recovering in the dong department..

Nothing more depressing then at 26 yrs. old being used to rock hard tents in the morning to NEVER getting them while on Propecia. That's a sign right there. NOW they are coming back, but just not 100%. I'll get there..but man who would have thought something that would help my hair..DOESN'T..but instead causes other problems I have to stress and combat..ain't worth it bro. My 2 cents. Figured I share my experience. But to each their own.

Comment

Working...