Pate .

Whats your NW ?

For NW 2 like me with slight diffuse thinning

the New big 3 , namely :
    1) HSC procedure(including the repeat visits) every 5 years
    2) CB-03-01
    3) Nizoral

would suffice.

RU is what most guys on Hairloss help have used in conjuction with Minoxidil to restore full pre mpb density and hairline.

Most of the users on this forum myself included have an OCD to overanalyze our hairloss needs and thus your maintenance regimen seems like an overprescription.

If you're NW 2 with diffuse thinning and you're obsessing then I'd respectfully suggest you have a bigger problem in your head than on it. Certainly CB should just about be enough for you. Myself I'm thinning badly in my NW 6 zone, so I'll definitely need all the help I can get. I'm definitely not just obsessing over some slight thinning in my NW 2 zone.

I'm not trying to talk down the NW 2s of course. Hair loss sucks no matter what stage. Just pointing out that some of us will be struggling to regrow even if we get the new Big 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    If you're NW 2 with diffuse thinning and you're obsessing then I'd respectfully suggest you have a bigger problem in your head than on it.

I concur , but in my defense I am slowly coming to terms with it . I went through denial anger bargaining depression and am now accepting my MPB predisposed genes.

Its not that I dont like my hair now but the seeds of fear have been planted and those are very hard to remove....

But now on my bad hair days I just consider myself a bald man and make short shrift of the situation.

I have also gained new respect for my longtime personal hero : Neel kashkari

It's great that you are coming to terms with it. Just be careful on forums like this because there are a lot of toxic attitudes.

Realistically at NW 2 you are well placed to tackle your hair loss. So don't stress too much, and keep working on the acceptance. It helps a lot!

I'll be trying RU soon, hopefully CB with proper vehicle sometime next year, I'll let y'all know how the results are.

Histogen is huge, keep in mind they are using low and infrequent doses, the next trials should yeild better results.

If the PDG2 enzyme plays as a big a role in hair loss a the preliminarily research suggest, and PDG2 blocking productsbecome available, then in theory, with the use of that, histogen and an anti-androgen, we should actually see regrowth.

The science is on our side, I personally do not count on unlimited donor supply (HST is meh) within the next 5 years.

Preserve what ya got brothers.

I have some mixed feelings about all of this: so hopeful a cure is coming, but bummed that as a thinning NW2, I will probably have progressed quite a bit by the time some of these come out.

At least, if i have a son, he won't have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Realistic answer: 2019
    How do you come to that conclusion?

You guys are so gung ho about the potential release of all these products. I wish I could share the optimism but I don't think I can say I've seen any great progress in the last 2 years. Just don't get your hopes up too much guys.

I dont expect to lose any more hair after 2017 , 2016 if CB comes out earlier. I hope to restore all of what I have lost after histogen, replicel and aderans establish themselves as side effect free treatments.