+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Before and After Minoxidil

August 2011:

I started taking minoxidil earlier this year.

MASSOOVE SHED!!!!

And now:

Bottom line: minoxidil is your first line of defence against hair loss.

Def some improvement in the frontal area. How is your crown looking? I'm thinking of ordering Dr. Klein's 15% Minoxidil spray which is mixed in with a few other components like Vitamin A, Corticosteroids, etc etc. I've been on Minox for almost a year, with about a break for one month. Just had a massive shed phase a few weeks ago, where I think I moved up a Norwood.

My crown is fine, never had any trouble so far - touch norwood.

Yeah, I'm not sure the pictures fully convey it, but I know it's made a massive difference on my hairline. I would say it's revived the last few years of decline and helped prevent any further loss. I'm still seeking a hair transplant early next year, despite this.

really glad that it has worked for you, my experience was a total disaster, to begin with I never had itch before minox even though I had a very oily scalp with acne, even after having been off it for the last 6-7 months itching is still there. I guess not everyone is a good candidate for minox and you should be happy that it has worked for you. are you supplementing minox with anything? fin?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    My crown is fine, never had any trouble so far - touch norwood.

Yeah, I'm not sure the pictures fully convey it, but I know it's made a massive difference on my hairline. I would say it's revived the last few years of decline and helped prevent any further loss. I'm still seeking a hair transplant early next year, despite this.
    Nice, have you decided who you're going to go with? Coming stateside or stay locally? I was also thinking of getting it done around the same time, but I feel I should consider giving fin a shot. However, it's quite pain-staking when I look in the mirror and I see the "bridge" from the front of my hair slowly fading away.

Actually, I think besides the people who've undergone HT, you and I probably post the most pictures of our hair, lol. Do you really think you need to go under the knife? Yes yes, you obviously know you hair structure/density/texture/growth/etc etc better, but you're probably at the most a NW 1.5.

Why not wait to see if go past NW2 or 3, and then go under? By the way, how old are you?

I'm probably going to be getting it done in Europe. FUE in Amerca/Canada is a bridge I can't cross financially and FUT is too much of a compromise. Although my hair loss isn't as bad as others, I have my heart set on getting a full hairline back now, and I'm not going to be happy if I don't go for it. I think with a good transplant and continuing minoxidil, I should be set for a good decade or more, by which time there will surely be more options. If not, I'd just top up more FUE, probably using one of those new robotic machines by 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by konfusion View Post
    really glad that it has worked for you, my experience was a total disaster, to begin with I never had itch before minox even though I had a very oily scalp with acne, even after having been off it for the last 6-7 months itching is still there. I guess not everyone is a good candidate for minox and you should be happy that it has worked for you. are you supplementing minox with anything? fin?
    Thanks Nah I tried finasteride and got bad and lingering side effects. Naturally I try to tell people to be careful when taking that drug now. I know it can mess you up, perhaps permanently.

How much does a FUE procedure in Europe cost these days? I was looking up some costs here in the states, and it's crazy. With the number of grafts I've been recommended, and FUE costing around $10/graft we're looking just shy of $20,000. That unfortunately doesn't include tax, transportation, and misc costs. I laughed when I saw one surgeon charging $30/FUE graft as a VIP treatment.

For top surgeons in Europe, they're charging the same for FUE as top US/Canadian are charging for FUT.