X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FineHair
    • Oct 2012

Natural Herbal Hair Remedy

Hi all,

I am new here and this is my first posting. Currently, 26, male. At age 23, I saw my receding hair line and dermatologist gave me Propecia. It was alright, used it for a year, and didn't see any gains, it probably just maintained what I had. The dermatologist said my hair is fine and that if I go bald by 30, then I should seek transplants.

Now, I am worrying a lot and someone told me about Neetas Herbal Ointment/Hair Tonic Cream, it's a herbal remedy, does anyone know if this is efficient and helps grow hair on parts like the frontal zone? Or does it just thicken the hairs we currently have?

Does anyone know of any other natural herbal remedy I can try out?
  • Marshmalo
    • Oct 2012

The only ones that have been aproved by the FDA are Propecia and Regain (minoxil), nizoral shampoo is also good when used with regain but aside from that I don't think these quack herbal remedies really look very promising. I would not waste my money on them, saying that taking vitamins is supposed to help but that hasnt been proven.

If Propecia was maintaining what you had and you didnt get any signs why'd you go off it? Why don;t you try it in conjuction with Minox and Nizoral. I hear these are known as "The Big Three" for hairloss.

Nizoral hasnt been FDA approved for hairloss but alot of people have have results with it.

Comment

• FineHair
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Marshmalo
      The only ones that have been aproved by the FDA are Propecia and Regain (minoxil), nizoral shampoo is also good when used with regain but aside from that I don't think these quack herbal remedies really look very promising. I would not waste my money on them, saying that taking vitamins is supposed to help but that hasnt been proven.

If Propecia was maintaining what you had and you didnt get any signs why'd you go off it? Why don;t you try it in conjuction with Minox and Nizoral. I hear these are known as "The Big Three" for hairloss.

Nizoral hasnt been FDA approved for hairloss but alot of people have have results with it.
      Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I stopped Propecia because of the side effects. I was reading an article where a man took it and he couldn't do it anymore! What's the point of losing hair and not being able to do it?

Although, I didn't face side effects, you still never know, the human body can change instantly.

Please tell me more about this nizoral shampoo. What ingredients does it have? Why do you recommend it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Tracy C
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by FineHair
        I stopped Propecia because of the side effects. I was reading an article where a man took it and he couldn't do it anymore!
        The internet fear mongering concerning Propecia and Minoxidil (The only proven medications for treating hair loss currently) are out of control and do not reflect the experiences of the majority of those who use them. If you are not willing or not able to use the proven medications for treating hereditary hair loss, you need to come to terms with the fact that you are going to lose your hair and move on with your life.

Whether you waste your money on these herbal remedy scams is entirely up to you.

Comment

• FineHair
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
          The internet fear mongering concerning Propecia and Minoxidil (The only proven medications for treating hair loss currently) are out of control and do not reflect the experiences of the majority of those who use them. If you are not willing or not able to use the proven medications for treating hereditary hair loss, you need to come to terms with the fact that you are going to lose your hair and move on with your life.

Whether you waste your money on these herbal remedy scams is entirely up to you.

Do hair transplants stay for a lifetime? Is it recommended to get a hair transplant by the time I turn 30, that way the surgeon can work on it in one session rather than seeing me back years later (in case I lose hair in other parts).

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Do hair transplants stay for a lifetime?
            Transplanted hair typically does last for the rest of your life. However, hair transplants do not prevent the rest of your hair from thinning and/or falling out. The hair around the transplants will continue be attacked and damaged by DHT.

Hair transplants are not a "final solution". Consult with a well qualified hair restoration doctor.

Comment

• FineHair
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
              Transplanted hair typically does last for the rest of your life. However, hair transplants do not prevent the rest of your hair from thinning and/or falling out. The hair around the transplants will continue be attacked and damaged by DHT.

Hair transplants are not a "final solution". Consult with a well qualified hair restoration doctor.
              So people with hair transplants most likely take propecia for the rest of ther lives?

Comment

• FineHair
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Marshmalo

Are you talking about Rogaine? Could not find anything called "minoxil" for hair.

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Are you talking about Rogaine? Could not find anything called "minoxil" for hair.
                  I am sure that was a typo and he meant Rogaine (Regaine in the UK). The active ingredient in Rogaine/Regaine is Minoxidil.

Comment

• FineHair
                    • Oct 2012

So does Minoxidil really work? Like I am not completely bald, just a receding hair loss and I would like to strengthen my entire head so my hair can thicken.

Also, in the future, if I do go bald, how much is like the maximum hair transplants would cost with like the top 2 surgeons in the world? Like $30,000? $10,000?

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

So does Minoxidil really work?
                      Yes it does. However if you do not have thinning in your vertex and/or mid-anterior areas, Minoxidil is not appropriate for you. Most males will not gain any benefit from using Minoxidil on their hair line. This limitation does not apply to females.

Comment

• FineHair
                        • Oct 2012

What is a good ketoconazole shampoo? Is there a conditioner that comes with it & a masque and hair shiner(spray/gel)? Do I replace these stuff for my regular shampoo/conditioner?

I read Nizoral is for dandruff.

What is a good minoxidil brand?

Comment

• FineHair
                          • Oct 2012

Hey all,

So I have been crusing on youtube for hairloss treatments and came across this guy who claims he has lost his hair from steroids and on his website he recommends products for hairloss treatment.

To those that are familiar with hairloss treatments, please tell me if this is something I should try or is this guy simply advertising for the companies to make money?

He recommends:

(1) Lipogaine: 5% Minoxidil w/Azelic Acid & Saw Palmetto

(2) Regenepure Dr. Shampoo

(3) Aziderm's 10% Azelaic Acid Cream
                          Aziderm's 20% Azelaic Acid Cream

(4) FDA Listed Microneedle (1.5mm) Roller

Also he recommends a newer shampoo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Uon...YfXcsg&index=2

Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo for Hair Loss/ Thinning Hair

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Comment

• Anthony1987
                            • Jul 2016

Hey i don't know whether it might help but have you ever heard of onion juice. It helps treat hair loss due to its high sulfur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation. The antibacterial properties in onion juice also help kill germs and parasites, and treat scalp infections that can cause hair loss. In a 2002 study published in the Journal of Dermatology, almost 74 percent of the study participants who applied onion juice on the scalp experienced significant hair regrowth.

Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it. Apply the juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.
                            Mix together three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.
                            Repeat either of these remedies two or three times a week for several weeks.

Comment

• ayurvedguru
                              • Jul 2016

Since you have been advised to use Propecia, I would like to highlight some of the complications you might face with the usage of this drug. Firstly, it is effective till the time you are regularly using it. Once, you stop its intake, after 10-12 month you will reach the same state from where you have started. Another one is you might face a problem of low libido. So I would suggest you to go for natural. Regular head massage and oiling provide nourishment to the hair roots and boost the blood circulation to hair follicles. Apart from that, AyurvedGuru is a trusted brand of ayurvedic medicines that offers you an affordable HAIR LOSS TREATMENT PACKAGE. It is effective in treating hair loss related problems including dandruff, lost hair shine, premature hair graying and hair thinning.

Comment

Working...