+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dr. Rahal - 2414 Grafts

Hey Guys, I am now 7 days post-op from my 2414 graft procedure with Dr. Rahal. Here is exactly what I had done - totaling 2414 grafts (and 4693 hairs). 1's - 613 / 2's - 1323 / 3's - 478

I really couldn't of asked for a better experience with Dr. Rahal. What a difference from my experience with Dr. Jones. Rahal and his crew were really amazing.

Here on day 7 there is still numbness and tightness throughout the donor and recipient areas. The donor area still hurts quite a bit, but I am getting more used to it. It hurts the most at night when lying on it to the extent I am having trouble getting more than 4-5 hours sleep. Oh well: no pain - no gain.

Just to clarify, this was a repair procedure from my previous surgery with Dr. Robert Jones. Dr. Jones gave me really poor density and a scar that measured at 6mm (See pics). All Jones did was the frontal hairline (maybe an inch or so). The rest of the hair was native. He gave me a density of around 20-30 hairs/cm^2 which is kind of pathetic since we originally agreed on 100 hairs/cm^2 and 6 months post-op he assured me it was 70 hairs/cm^2.

Dealing with Dr. Jones was one of the worst experiences of my life. His way of dealing with an unhappy patient is to ignore them (to the extent of blacklisting my email - so emails sent to him were returned to sender). Enough about Dr. Jones and that mess.

Dealing with Dr. Rahal was a pleasure. From my first consult with him I knew he was a class act and his office environment exuded professionalism. The day of my surgery I was quite nervous (who wants to be cut a second time), but Dr. Rahal immediately put me at ease. It also helped knowing I was with an extremely competent surgeon with tremendous experience and some of the best results out there. After my initial jitters I really felt comfortable throughout the entire procedure. Dr. Rahal's techs are amazing. I think they were with me just about the whole time working diligently and keeping me at ease. It seemed like they went straight the 8 hours with me with just a 15 min lunch break we all took. All his techs are class acts also. Everyone was so professional and genuinely concerned- such a different experience from my surgery with Dr. Jones.

The day after my procedure when I went back to the office to get cleaned and checked out - I was inspected thoroughly by Dr. Rahal and also by some of the tech team that did my transplant. Everyone that was involved in the procedure wanted to make sure that everything was done to the highest standards possible. Here again so different from my experience with Dr. Jones.

I am extremely thrilled with the experience I had with Dr. Rahal and crew and am even more thrilled about my results to come.

I have included a bunch of pics from pre and post - op.

I will keep you posted with the progress of my growth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-op Front.jpg

Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-op front close-up.jpg

Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-op temple.jpg

Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-op Plan.jpg

Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre-op Plan in action.jpg

Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scar - by Dr. Jones.jpg

Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scar - by Dr. Jones 2.jpg

Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post-op 1.jpg

Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post-op 2.jpg

Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1607  

Hey Guys,

I am now 9 days post-op and so far everything is going great. I still have some pain in the donor area when i lie on it, but not like before. My main issue now is with itchiness, especially in the donor. I can't wait to get the stitches out.

I attached a pic I took after washing. Every time my head gets wet these little white things appear - they look like little pieces of skin tissue. Just today they have started coming off. Does anyone know what these things are? I am pretty sure these aren't the scabs, since there is no hair attached. I really have no recollection of this part from my procedure with Dr. Jones. Some of these little pieces of skin tissue are long and skinny (shaped like a follicle) which alarms me a little, but I'm sure this must be normal.

Also does anyone have any advice regarding taking proscar 1.25 mg (which I currently do) -vs- 2.5mg or even 5 mg?

Enjoy the long weekend.

Name:	Post-op 9 days - wet.jpg

Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1622  

I had those white things as well, not sure what they are. But I wouldn't worry about them, I never and I'm thrilled with my result.

IMO, you should only up your dose of Finastride if your hair loss is still progressing.

I contacted Dr. Rahal's office today to see if there was anything that could be done about the itchiness/irritation of the donor area. Adrian recommended I use Polysporin. The stuff works wonders. The itchiness/irritation is 80% cleared up after one application.

Hope this tip can be of use to anyone early post-op. I sure wish I knew about this day 5 post-op (when the itchiness started driving me crazy).

Sweet job -= congrats! Sounds like flaky skin - it will pass. Taking larger doses of Fin does not necessarily help - stick with recommend dose mate If you feel you are losing ground then maybe up it to DUT

Hi Mclovin

Good to hear you had a great experience with Dr Rahal.The work looks excellent,nice and clean too.

Be great to follow your progress,thanks for sharing your story.

bm.

Hey guys, I am here with an update as I hit the 3 month mark yesterday.

Things are going pretty well. I have been going through what many call the "ugly duck" stage -> lots of hat wearing.

I did have some shock loss in the donor area. In the right temple pic you can see one of the shock loss tails. I will post pics of the donor scar at the 6 month mark once I have given the shocked hair a chance to grow back. The scar itself looks quite clean.

Name:	3 Months Front 2.jpg

Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	2175   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Months Front  1.jpg

Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	2176   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Months Left Temple.jpg

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	2177   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Months Right Temple.jpg

Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	2178   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Months Top.jpg

Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2179  

Thumbs up

You look good McLovin. Things should start to pick up in the next couple of months.

Default Dr. Rahal - 2414 Grafts - 5 Month Update

Hey Guys,

Today I have hit the 5 month mark. I am very pleased with my results so far. What a difference from my procedure with Dr. Jones. At 5 months with Dr. Jones I could tell things were not as they were supposed to be, but Dr. Jones was always there to lie to my face telling me things were going great. Needless to say, at the 5 month mark with Dr. Jones I began a state of panic that lasted until 18 months post-op. That was when I realized I had been scammed and lied to for months and that Dr. Jones is not 1/100th the surgeon he claims to be.

On the flip side hitting the 5 month mark with Dr. Rahal I am completely relaxed and confident in his expertise. Conducting the necessary due diligence in selecting a HT surgeon will pay dividends over and over and over again. The difference between a professional like Dr. Rahal and an amateur like Dr. Jones is like the difference between night and day.

After my procedure which was entirely in the hairline I had some shock loss. Some of the shock was in the donor, some in the recipient and oddly enough the remaining shock was in all my DHT sensitive areas (which were untouched during surgery). Post-op roughly 1-2 months I had a little loss in my crown and in my temple points. At 5 months I would say 90% of the shocked areas have grown back and by 6 months I expect to see a complete recovery of the shocked areas.

I will post pics of my donor area at the 6 month mark once all of the shocked hair has been 100% recovered. I met with Dr. Rahal a few weeks ago for a post-op consult. He noticed a tiny bit of stretching in my scar on the tails (by the ears). This is due to the extreme tension needed to close the donor. Dr. Jones left me with a 6mm scar all the way across which Dr. Rahal cut out. The little bit of stretching in the tails Dr. Rahal estimated to be 3mm or less and he offered to fix them 3-6 months down the road. The rest of the scar (the flat part) is a perfect tricophytic closure. I can't find the scar with my fingers and I can't see it in the mirror.

Name:	5 Months - Front 1 .jpg

Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2741   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 Months - Front 2 .jpg

Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	2742   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 Months - Left Temple .jpg

Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	2743   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 months - Right Temple .jpg

Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	2744  

Looking very good so far at this early stage.
    Looks like it will turn out to be a top result.
    Thanks for the update.
    bm.