X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigentries
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by JDW
    Exactly, good post.
    I think too often people see stopping loss as not successful, but as you say it's massive achievement
    It is a massive achievement, if you can prove it. To be frank, we will never be able to prove if an experimental treatment just stops hair loss

We would need to have a big enough control group to see if the "halting" is way superior than the average person that isn't being treated.

Even in controlled trials, some men treated with placebo end up gaining some hair. It looks like hair counts are very prone to error

Comment

• DesperateOne
      • Jul 2013

So what is the final say

I have read a lot about this stuff and some good and some bad. I already have a small bottle of 14 caps in front of me but don't know if I should take the plunge.

Does anyone know if this is helping people significantly?

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DesperateOne
        I have read a lot about this stuff and some good and some bad. I already have a small bottle of 14 caps in front of me but don't know if I should take the plunge.

Does anyone know if this is helping people significantly?
        No harm in trying, it's apparently very safe and very easy to make.

I plan on taking the plunge soon as well just trying out the dermaroller right now.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Anyone know what the correct (or working) vehicle for Cetirizine is? I'd like to try it out on a bald patch on my temple along with dermarolling/wounding and minoxidil. It'd be interesting to see what happens when characteristics of the thinning hair follicle more or less match those of non thinning (or DHT free). I remember seeing a LOT of small hairs on some members in slick bald areas, but they didn't turn terminal nor did they grow, but they DID show up significantly after Cet was applied. Perhaps WNT and FGF-9 could be the missing link?

Comment

• DesperateOne
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
            Anyone know what the correct (or working) vehicle for Cetirizine is? I'd like to try it out on a bald patch on my temple along with dermarolling/wounding and minoxidil. It'd be interesting to see what happens when characteristics of the thinning hair follicle more or less match those of non thinning (or DHT free). I remember seeing a LOT of small hairs on some members in slick bald areas, but they didn't turn terminal nor did they grow, but they DID show up significantly after Cet was applied. Perhaps WNT and FGF-9 could be the missing link?
            Well I read almost all the German forum about Cet and the ones that mixed it with alcohol got really bad results. Then I read stories on hairlosshelp and it seems that the best responders just mix it in water, I know it sounds weird but if it works well, you really can't argue with success. So I will be mixing it with water and applying it as well, but I will also add some Jojoba oil for better absorption with the derma roller as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by DesperateOne
              Well I read almost all the German forum about Cet and the ones that mixed it with alcohol got really bad results. Then I read stories on hairlosshelp and it seems that the best responders just mix it in water, I know it sounds weird but if it works well, you really can't argue with success. So I will be mixing it with water and applying it as well, but I will also add some Jojoba oil for better absorption with the derma roller as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.
              Try it on a bald area first and see if little vellus hairs sprout, if thats the case it should probably mean its working for you as either halting or causing regrowth to some degree.

However, did they really just dissolve the pills in water and apply it? Doesnt water NOT penetrate skin? I mean, if it doesnt, how else could CET get to the follicle?

Comment

• DesperateOne
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                Try it on a bald area first and see if little vellus hairs sprout, if thats the case it should probably mean its working for you as either halting or causing regrowth to some degree.

However, did they really just dissolve the pills in water and apply it? Doesnt water NOT penetrate skin? I mean, if it doesn't, how else could CET get to the follicle?
                I don't really know, I will have to re-read some of it to make sure. But I know that at least they put it in water to dissolve first. I suppose it does make sense that you wouldn't be able to absorb it with only water.

Anyways, I am losing a lot of hope, I don't know how or if it's even possible but I am pretty sure that I lost one full norwood level in just one month. I had lost some hair in the past due to shedding, but I don't this much hair is normal.

I went to the doctor the other day to get a prescription fro propecia and he said that I might have hyperthyroidism. So on Monday I will get the test done and hopefully I do have that and get some hair back. The bad thing is that I am losing hair on the sides and also in the back where it is suppose to be DHT resistant, either way, I will have to just buzz it 0 since it looks like I have cancer, I hate it, so depressed.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                  • Jul 2013

But for sure if it works on me I will let people know, together with trial and error is the only way we're going to beat this horrible disease.

Comment

• Shammon20
                    • Sep 2014

DesperateOne, any results?

Comment

• Pentarou
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Shammon20
                      DesperateOne, any results?
                      I can't speak for him, but I tried topical cetirizine myself when that was briefly popular on the forums and it made me shed hair for a while but never regrew anything.

Comment

• Gjm127
                        • Mar 2012

Guys, I'm sorry for bumping this old thread back up but something interesting has been bugging me for the past 2 weeks.

I've been taking Zyrtec (Cetirizine 10mg) pills orally every morning for the past 1.5 years and I suddenly stopped using it 2 weeks ago because I realized that my body was having withdrawal effects (unbearable nightmare of complete body itches including major scalp itches) every time I skipped a day and didn't want my body to depend on a drug this much. So now I'm trying to tapper off by gradually decreasing the dosage and the time gap between pills. Currently I'm at a 1/32th pill every 3 days, this shows how bad my body's become dependant. I'm staying away from my cat as much as possible for the time being (that's my allergy). I'm 23 years old by the way, NW 2.5/3 ever since I'm 20 and now slowly losing density. Also, while on Zyrtec for the past 1.5 years, I did feel like my hair loss had slightly decreased, but nothing major... maybe, not sure.

However, what's interesting is that I realized that my hair is much less dense in the front now and that my temples have receded inwards towards the upper frontal area. I went into the shower last night and noticed not a single hair shed in the tub (which to me is ridiculous, I always used to shed like 100 hairs every day). It's worth mentioning that, while trying to gradually stop the pill, my body itching (scalp included) gets worse with time until I take the dose and when I do, all itching stops, of course including scalp.

For the past 2 weeks that I've been trying to get off the drug, I've been itching my entire body including my scalp (as mentioned above), but when I try to watch for shedding while my scalp itches, I don't see any hair fall out.

I'm wondering if I'm not seeing any hair fall out because all the ones that were "saved, maintained" by Zyrtec previously had been lost and only the tough ones remained? OR if now that I'm off Zyrtec, the lost hairs were the ones that were targeted and have now shed to make way back for stronger ones.

Am I imagining that my hair loss has worsened because I'm stopping Zyrtec? Am I making a huge mistake getting off Zyrtec? Could it do this much difference by taking it orally?

Comment

• jacobhu8esddd
                          • Sep 2022

Your writing is really informative, especially because it's so meaningful and updated. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post!

Your writing is really great. I’m so glad I read it. It kept me hooked the whole way through.

Thanks for this information. I really appreciate the information that you have provided.

Comment

Working...