+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Thread: Cetirizine

Guys, I'm sorry for bumping this old thread back up but something interesting has been bugging me for the past 2 weeks.

I've been taking Zyrtec (Cetirizine 10mg) pills orally every morning for the past 1.5 years and I suddenly stopped using it 2 weeks ago because I realized that my body was having withdrawal effects (unbearable nightmare of complete body itches including major scalp itches) every time I skipped a day and didn't want my body to depend on a drug this much. So now I'm trying to tapper off by gradually decreasing the dosage and the time gap between pills. Currently I'm at a 1/32th pill every 3 days, this shows how bad my body's become dependant. I'm staying away from my cat as much as possible for the time being (that's my allergy). I'm 23 years old by the way, NW 2.5/3 ever since I'm 20 and now slowly losing density. Also, while on Zyrtec for the past 1.5 years, I did feel like my hair loss had slightly decreased, but nothing major... maybe, not sure.

However, what's interesting is that I realized that my hair is much less dense in the front now and that my temples have receded inwards towards the upper frontal area. I went into the shower last night and noticed not a single hair shed in the tub (which to me is ridiculous, I always used to shed like 100 hairs every day). It's worth mentioning that, while trying to gradually stop the pill, my body itching (scalp included) gets worse with time until I take the dose and when I do, all itching stops, of course including scalp.

For the past 2 weeks that I've been trying to get off the drug, I've been itching my entire body including my scalp (as mentioned above), but when I try to watch for shedding while my scalp itches, I don't see any hair fall out.

I'm wondering if I'm not seeing any hair fall out because all the ones that were "saved, maintained" by Zyrtec previously had been lost and only the tough ones remained? OR if now that I'm off Zyrtec, the lost hairs were the ones that were targeted and have now shed to make way back for stronger ones.

Am I imagining that my hair loss has worsened because I'm stopping Zyrtec? Am I making a huge mistake getting off Zyrtec? Could it do this much difference by taking it orally?

Your writing is really informative, especially because it's so meaningful and updated. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post!

Your writing is really great. I’m so glad I read it. It kept me hooked the whole way through.

Thanks for this information. I really appreciate the information that you have provided.

Exploring new avenues in hair loss treatments is exciting, but it's crucial to prioritize safety and evidence-based approaches slice master