+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Cetirizine

Inactive

[QUOTE=thechamp;92617]
    Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    Hm, ok. I'll use cet till my loratadine arrives... Ps, I have 300 tabs of cet if anyone wants to buy? why didn't the Germans try clarintine instead of cet
    Beats me! No idea!

I didnt know that other thing is more effective till I saw Desmonds' post on the forum.

My biggest hope for Cet at this point is that it stops further hairloss or at least dramatically slows it down. From what I've observed on the German forum it doesn't look like this alone is going to be enough of a growth stimulant to regrow hair. But if it can just prevent further loss the way finasteride can, that will be a huge, huge step forward. I'm really curious to know if anybody who has reported a decrease or stoppage in shedding because of Cet is STILL having positive results in that regard.

Default :)

[QUOTE=Conpecia;92667]My biggest hope for Cet at this point is that it stops further hairloss or at least dramatically slows it down. From what I've observed on the German forum it doesn't look like this alone is going to be enough of a growth stimulant to regrow hair. But if it can just prevent further loss the way finasteride can, that will be a huge, huge step forward. I'm really curious to know if anybody who has reported a decrease or stoppage in shedding because of Cet is STILL having positive results in that regard. I'm having the same results with topical fin no regrowth but stopping of hair-loss and also thickening of my hair

[QUOTE=bananana;92618]
    Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post

Beats me! No idea!

I didnt know that other thing is more effective till I saw Desmonds' post on the forum.
    Would this work better than Cetirizine (Zyrtec or Claritine);

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIRKLAND-ALL...item43b5b32e62

Thats pretty cheap for 365 pills.

Default Pgd2

Pgd2 is just a pipe dream how do we know it will even work!!

For those quoting Desmond's post about Cetirizine, maybe you should have read a little further into the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys,

I thought it was really odd how Cetirizine had shown no effect on PGD2, particularly since Cetirizine is far more effective than Loratadine (Claratyne) & Fexofenadine (Telfast) when it comes to SKIN allergies.

So I did a lot of digging and found that within 5 hours of its oral use it inhibits PGD2 production in the skin by at least 50%!

I think the previous study was looking at PGD2 levels in nasal mucosa. I guess it makes sense. For example, antihistamines don't seem to work when you have a runny nose due to a cold (minimum effect on PGD2 in the nose) so we have to resort to Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine) to dry up and unblock our nose

Here's a study for you guys to look at. This was conducted during its approval process

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2469708

So, stick to Cetirizine for now, until I dig up more info on Cromolyns.

P.S. If Cromolyns are more effective, there's a product called INTAL SPINCAPS, which are Cromolyn based capsules that go into a inhaler device. We can just open one capsule everynight, mix it with Emu oil & Propylene Glycol & voila

Default Cromolyns

Quote Originally Posted by goingquick View Post
    For those quoting Desmond's post about Cetirizine, maybe you should have read a little further into the thread.
    Cromolyns I found info on this on another hairloss forum there was talk of trying this until any one does we will know if reduction pgd2 works or not

Default Looks like you need a prescription for You can now get Intal Spincaps

Quote Originally Posted by goingquick View Post
    You can now get Intal Spincaps from Hard To Find Medicines (www.hardtofindmedicines.co.uk) with an NHS prescription.
    Just call them to confirm, send your prescription to their FreePost address and the Intal Spincaps will arrive registered post a few days later. It works a dream. Good luck!

[QUOTE=thechamp;92674]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    My biggest hope for Cet at this point is that it stops further hairloss or at least dramatically slows it down. From what I've observed on the German forum it doesn't look like this alone is going to be enough of a growth stimulant to regrow hair. But if it can just prevent further loss the way finasteride can, that will be a huge, huge step forward. I'm really curious to know if anybody who has reported a decrease or stoppage in shedding because of Cet is STILL having positive results in that regard. I'm having the same results with topical fin no regrowth but stopping of hair-loss and also thickening of my hair
    Do you have any sides? I can't handle fin orally but am desperate to halt my hairloss. Did you have sides taking fin orally?