+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Cetirizine

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    That being said, I keep hearing more and more good news about Cetirizine. Casperz from *** just updated again with photos documenting regrowth on an area that has been slick bald for TWENTY YEARS. He's got the pics. He reports hundreds of small, terminal black hairs popping up everywhere.

Another user named baldnesssadness just put up a photo of 6 week results. THE GUY'S HAIRLINE IS GROWING BACK. VISIBLY. This user is also on minox I believe, and I'm not sure how long he's been taking that. But Pate mentioned that a minox/cet combo might be necessary and perhaps he's right.
    Can you post links or photos of these guys results? I'm particularly interested in the hairline results, that sounds... promising.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Can you post links or photos of these guys results? I'm particularly interested in the hairline results, that sounds... promising.
    http://www.*****************/interact...chmentid=18765

this is baldnesssadness at 2 months of cet. he is also on minox.

I'm going to start it this weekend.

What is the point of adding PG? I've never been able to get a straight answer.

I'm still finalising my method but for now I will be looking to apply about 10mg/day in distilled water only. I gave up minox about six months ago (and didn't notice any difference, which I guess shows what minox was achieving - f--k all!). The rest of my regimen is 1mg fin per day and 2% keto twice or three times a week.

Conpecia, I am worried about the shed too, which is why I'm going to start on the slick bald areas of my temple and a small depth along the hairline. If there is no major shed, or if there is a shed that grows back noticeably stronger, I will gradually extend it along the rest of my thinning areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post

I'm still finalising my method but for now I will be looking to apply about 10mg/day in distilled water only. I gave up minox about six months ago (and didn't notice any difference, which I guess shows what minox was achieving - f--k all!). The rest of my regimen is 1mg fin per day and 2% keto twice or three times a week.

Conpecia, I am worried about the shed too, which is why I'm going to start on the slick bald areas of my temple and a small depth along the hairline. If there is no major shed, or if there is a shed that grows back noticeably stronger, I will gradually extend it along the rest of my thinning areas.
    PG is added to help with solubility. Because this compound is so water soluble, it may not be necessary. I added to mimic other topicals i've looked at. Ethanol is added too - will help with absorption.

Tomorrow will be my 2 week mark on Cet. I've had some shedding during the first few weeks, for sure. But, other than that, no side effects to speak of. Can't say for sure, but, i think some of the vellus hairs i have near my hairline are getting much longer - almost as long as a normal hair. Not sure if they were like that before, but, i can't recall seeing anything like it. No sign of anything else - but it's very early on for me.

I'm not sure about PG's function, but good to hear that you are going to give this a shot. I may follow your lead and just apply it to slick bald areas on the hairline first, gradually moving back if I get results. Please keep us updated, and good luck with this.

Looking at this perhaps a bit more pragmatically, do we know anything at all about how safe this stuff is in high concentrations when applied topically? As someone pointed out earlier, we do have the FDA for a reason.

No, we don't. However we do know it is a very safe drug and we are not applying it in any higher dose than people who take it orally - 10mg. I read up on the safety profile on Pfizer's website and it has proven safe in animals up to many times the standard dose. There were also reports of overdose in humans with no major effects, including an infant who took a staggering 180mg (equivalent to about 1300mg to an adult male!!!) with no major effects.

Finally, I consider this at this stage a short term trial of about 6 months. So I am not worried about long term chronic use effects.

But it is something everybody who is considering this absolutely MUST keep in mind. This usage of Zyrtec HAS NOT been confirmed as safe by regulatory bodies and we assume a certain degree of risk.

No, we don't. However we do know it is a very safe drug and we are not applying it in any higher dose than people who take it orally - 10mg. I read up on the safety profile on Pfizer's website and it has proven safe in animals up to many times the standard dose. There were also reports of overdose in humans with no major effects, including an infant who took a staggering 180mg (equivalent to about 1300mg to an adult male!!!) with no major effects.

Finally, I consider this at this stage a short term trial of about 6 months. So I am not worried about long term chronic use effects.

But it is something everybody who is considering this absolutely MUST keep in mind. This usage of Zyrtec HAS NOT been confirmed as safe by regulatory bodies and we assume a certain degree of risk.
    So what happens if this ends up working?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    So what happens if this ends up working?
    Uh, then it ends up working? Hair loss cured, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Uh, then it ends up working? Hair loss cured, etc, etc.
    Will be hilarious if the cure for hairloss is found by forumers.