X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wobblywilly
    • Sep 2012

New member. Receding hairline affecting confidence

Hi,

I'm a 34yo male with a receding hairline. It has been affecting me now for a number of years. I've been taking propecia and using Nizoral during this time period (approx 4 yrs).

Problems I've encountered are mainly due to watery semen which has affected me for a number of years now. I hope that this is reversible?

Due to this I would like to knock back on the propecia - I'm currently taking 0.625mg of Propecia per day.

I was thinking of starting to use Spectral DNC-N as it seems to be a safer option than Minoxidil. Does anyone on here know anything about it?

I need to go onto something soon. This hair loss is drastically affecting my confidence and is a constant source of anxiety for me. It is nothing about vanity - just pure self confidence. Unforunately I've not got the stature or skull shape to carry off the shaved look.

Please help!

I'll try to get some photos ups tomorrow for reference.

Thanks.
  • Dan26
    • Jul 2012

Have you considered a transplant? If you want to rebuild your hairline it is not going to easy. You would have to stay on fin, use anti-anrogen, a much stronger growth factor than rogaine, and keep this routine going. If it is such a problem for you maybe see if you are a good candidate for a HT. Cheers bruhv.

Comment

• wobblywilly
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
      Have you considered a transplant?
      I would actually prefer to avoid a HT. I am based in UK and the quality over here is poor. USA is too far to travel. Plus I'm rather nervous about surgery - especially strip method HT.

If you want to rebuild your hairline it is not going to easy. You would have to stay on fin, use anti-anrogen, a much stronger growth factor than rogaine, and keep this routine going. If it is such a problem for you maybe see if you are a good candidate for a HT. Cheers bruhv.
      What is anti anrogen? Lik I say, trying to avoid HT as I'm not wanting surgery.

Comment

• wobblywilly
        • Sep 2012

Got some photos now for reference. What can I do, as I'm not wanting to go down the road of a HT yet:

I was thinking of Speectral DNC-N but I notice that there are not many reviews of it. What can I do to delay the possibility of needing a HT?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

You might want to consider visiting Dr Farjo in the UK. He does very respectable work and would at least be able to evaluate your situation and give you some recommendations.
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• wobblywilly
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
            You might want to consider visiting Dr Farjo in the UK. He does very respectable work and would at least be able to evaluate your situation and give you some recommendations.
            Hi, HT's scare the life out of me. I've seen someone who got one and I'm really sorry for him as it is so noticable

I'm thinking about starting a regaine 5% foam. Will it make any difference to temples or hairloss in my situation - photos above?

Many thanks for your reply, I appreciate you takiing time out to reply

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by wobblywilly
              Hi, HT's scare the life out of me. I've seen someone who got one and I'm really sorry for him as it is so noticable

I'm thinking about starting a regaine 5% foam. Will it make any difference to temples or hairloss in my situation - photos above?

Many thanks for your reply, I appreciate you takiing time out to reply
              Some have had success with just minox, but the major consensus remains to use a DHT blocker such as propecia, or other, in conjunction with a growth stim. (minox).

Propecia has a potential for sexual side effects, research them if you decide to commit.

Cheers.

Comment

• Dan26
                • Jul 2012

I personally don't feel 100% comfortable recommending fin for someone who is only receding. Growth stimulants or any topical that can lower scalp DHT would be the way to go.

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Dan26
                  I personally don't feel 100% comfortable recommending fin for someone who is only receding. Growth stimulants or any topical that can lower scalp DHT would be the way to go.
                  Growth stimulants don't lower dht afaik..

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                    Growth stimulants don't lower dht afaik..
                    Yes, that is why growth stimulants + something topical that can lower scalp DHT (ie RU) could be a good course of action before systemically reducing DHT.

Comment

• wobblywilly
                      • Sep 2012

Thanks for the replies. I've been on Fin for a number of years now. As outlined above, my semen has got watery and as a result when I come it is less intense. I want to wean myself off it, but I've no idea as to what I should switch to.

Comment

• bigmac
                        • Nov 2008

There are great results being produced in the Uk now and other parts of Europe.
                        There's no need to travel to the US for quality work as its right here.However there is plenty of great doctors based in North America if that's where you wish to go.

Comment

• wobblywilly
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by bigmac
                          There are great results being produced in the Uk now and other parts of Europe.
                          There's no need to travel to the US for quality work as its right here.However there is plenty of great doctors based in North America if that's where you wish to go.
                          Thats good to know - I've long been scared of UK surgeons. However, to stave off the need for a HT for as long as possible, what should be taking or doing? I'm still in my mid 30's so would like to postone any thought of a HT for a few years yet.

Comment

• wobblywilly
                            • Sep 2012

Hi again, well I've now decided to add minoxidl to the mix. I've no really ideas about these. Where can I get more information on them and which would be the most suitable for me?

I've read that a foam is the better option. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...