+ Reply to Thread

Default New Young Balding Guy

For months I've been lurking this forum occasionally, to see what I can do about my hair loss. I'v tried asking the people closest to me for help, and don't seem to understand my trouble. Even my psychotherapist has said to me, whenever I feel sadden by my hair loss, "So what?" As if it's not something to worry about for someone in their early twenties.

So I got tired of lurking and finally decided to join. I just can't stand looking at my self, even before I was balding.

I got a picture of hair right now
    https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...jgxbUf2DAm_ZJs

Quote Originally Posted by Merritt View Post
    For months I've been lurking this forum occasionally, to see what I can do about my hair loss. I'v tried asking the people closest to me for help, and don't seem to understand my trouble. Even my psychotherapist has said to me, whenever I feel sadden by my hair loss, "So what?" As if it's not something to worry about for someone in their early twenties.

So I got tired of lurking and finally decided to join. I just can't stand looking at my self, even before I was balding.

I got a picture of hair right now
    https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...jgxbUf2DAm_ZJs
    I hear ya, man. Friends/roommates won't really get it, if they're not balding. Same as you and I might not understand a cancer patient's trouble (big extreme of an example). We know that that would cause a lot of pain, anxiety, frustration, etc., but we could never understand fully. Even consider yourself before you were balding. You would see bald guys, likely thinking "that must suck.. but whatever", and move on with your life. Now that you are the balding one, you should understand the difference between the two.

I'm coming to terms with my own potential baldness, as well. As a guy in my early 20s with very early symptoms, I don't feel I'm ready for it, but I've began to educate myself on my options (as you said you have), and at least started the coping process.

That's all you can really do. Start a regime most adequate for your life, watch it closely, come to terms with the situation, and keep up on going with life.

See a professional, and let everyone know your regime, and keep everyone posted on your progress. It will keep you accountable to yourself, and might offer the experience other members/lurkers might need to keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I hear ya, man. Friends/roommates won't really get it, if they're not balding. Same as you and I might not understand a cancer patient's trouble (big extreme of an example). We know that that would cause a lot of pain, anxiety, frustration, etc., but we could never understand fully. Even consider yourself before you were balding. You would see bald guys, likely thinking "that must suck.. but whatever", and move on with your life. Now that you are the balding one, you should understand the difference between the two.

I'm coming to terms with my own potential baldness, as well. As a guy in my early 20s with very early symptoms, I don't feel I'm ready for it, but I've began to educate myself on my options (as you said you have), and at least started the coping process.

That's all you can really do. Start a regime most adequate for your life, watch it closely, come to terms with the situation, and keep up on going with life.

See a professional, and let everyone know your regime, and keep everyone posted on your progress. It will keep you accountable to yourself, and might offer the experience other members/lurkers might need to keep fighting.
    For nearly two months or so, I've been using the Hairmax Lasercomb. I don't feel like there's any process, but my mother is acting as if it's working, which just annoys me because I just don't see it.

So next week I'm going to the Dermatologist.

I would be OK with balding, if it weren't for the horseshoe pattern that's left over after. I mean, what the crap? Why aren't the rest of our hairs able to resist DHT or whatever it is? Is it the placement of the hairs?

That's my main beef with MPB.

if fin isnt an option, you should check out my thread in the cutting edge section. it may help you out.