+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Like who?!?!?!?
    Rahal and Feriduni are my top two at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Even the photos on Gho's site are very unimpressive. They are not dense and look like half decent Minox results to me. I would not use Gho for my hairline.

Use your 12k to get a dense packed FUE hairline restoration and the loan you can use for Gho to fill in the crown or any other areas.

Once you get back a NW1.5-NW2 hairline you can use Gho to fill in the rest over the years as you will have the unlimited donor area.

Gho is so expensive you would get less hair in the hairline for more money.

Also, are you in the US or UK?
    Interesting suggestion, I'm definitely open to this idea. I looked over the results with Rahal and holy CRAP the results look fantastic.

What worries me is permanent scarring and removal of donor hair which I don't want to lose. I suspect to fix my hairline it should be around 2,000 grafts (although I should really go in for a consultation). My hair line is 28cm in length, so I'd like to use about a centimetre around it to fill it up and lower it. But then of course, I would need to fill up the corners in the widows peaks but not so much as to create a straight line, i'd like something along the lines of Wesley Snejder's current hairline.

What if I got a smaller treatment with Gho to fill up the receded hairline and do the complete work on the hairline with a Dr. Rahal? Say, 1,200 grafts with Gho and the remaining 800 with Rahal to fill it up?

A solution like this should last me a number of years along with the use of RU58841 and eventually just get the Histogen/Aderans/ETC treatment or a secondary Gho treatment for the crown area.

Any thoughts?

To answer your question, I'm in Ontario, Canada just outside of Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Rahal and Feriduni are my top two at the moment.
    Rahal has several locations, is there one you would suggest over another or ONLY have Rahal himself do it?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Rahal has several locations, is there one you would suggest over another or ONLY have Rahal himself do it?
    For that much money I would only have Rahal himself do it. That isn't a knock on the others, just an affirmation that you're paying a lot of money and it's something you're going to show to everyone you know, it's your identity, you have to look in the mirror and see it every day, so you better get the best you can. But again, I agree with Spencer that a HT should be the very last resort after fin, minox, different haircut, shaving your head, etc. If your NW is anything less than a 3 and you're under 30 try to stabilize your loss first with meds and wait until you absolutely have to get a HT. I look terrible with a shaved head and I experience bad sides with fin and minox unfortunately, otherwise I'd take those and wait it out. I'll still wait until there's no other choice and no treatment in the pipeline before going the surgery route. I'm guessing that will be about two years from now. If there's no treatment coming out by 2015 I'll get the hairline from Rahal then fill the rest with Gho (though by then hopefully Gho's technique will be in the US). That's my plan. Pretty confident I will at least never have to be slick bald, but the next two years are gonna be tough if there's no hope on the horizon with these conferences.

As for this particular conference... Guys, remember Replicel last March. I keep saying that in this forum but it really crushed me; I thought we were two years away from being cured. I don't want any of the newer members or lurkers thinking we're gonna get huge news from any of these companies. If it happens, awesome. But don't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    For that much money I would only have Rahal himself do it. That isn't a knock on the others, just an affirmation that you're paying a lot of money and it's something you're going to show to everyone you know, it's your identity, you have to look in the mirror and see it every day, so you better get the best you can. But again, I agree with Spencer that a HT should be the very last resort after fin, minox, different haircut, shaving your head, etc. If your NW is anything less than a 3 and you're under 30 try to stabilize your loss first with meds and wait until you absolutely have to get a HT. I look terrible with a shaved head and I experience bad sides with fin and minox unfortunately, otherwise I'd take those and wait it out. I'll still wait until there's no other choice and no treatment in the pipeline before going the surgery route. I'm guessing that will be about two years from now. If there's no treatment coming out by 2015 I'll get the hairline from Rahal then fill the rest with Gho (though by then hopefully Gho's technique will be in the US). That's my plan. Pretty confident I will at least never have to be slick bald, but the next two years are gonna be tough if there's no hope on the horizon with these conferences.

As for this particular conference... Guys, remember Replicel last March. I keep saying that in this forum but it really crushed me; I thought we were two years away from being cured. I don't want any of the newer members or lurkers thinking we're gonna get huge news from any of these companies. If it happens, awesome. But don't expect it.
    Heres my reasoning:

1) I will *not* ever get on finasteride and risk a permanent limp dick. I'd rather have my hair fall out than that.

2a) I already am on RU58841 and Minox on a daily regimen which, I think has proven successful as my hair in the crown doesnt seem to be as wispy as it used to be a year ago and I've only upped my dosage of RU about a month ago. So far the results are good. My crown area should last for some time before a permanent treatment becomes available.

2b) If my crown doesnt last, Gho's procedure for the crown will prove to be effective considering theres more or less unlimited amount of donor hair with the 80% donor hair regeneration.

3) Considering that Gho's method regenerates donor hair anyway, I could potentially end up with multiple sessions over time, basically, gradually be balding but go in for touchups without ever appearing to be balding (except for now, my hairline which really bothers me).

My goal is to fix the hair line now and maintain everything until Histogen/Aderans/Replicel or whoever comes out with an actual procedure available for the public. Technically there already is a full out cure done by Dr. Roland Lauster in Germany, but there isn't much information on that, so really, a procedure to restore all hair completely could be done TODAY. Having said that, the cure is definitely on the horizon, but I am still young and don't want to piss away my best years. And thats really what it boils down to: a cure is on the way, its obvious, its technically already here, its just a matter of time... but I don't feel like waiting.

My only concern is how dense can Gho pack the hair. I'm not really worried about a 'bad hairline' because mine is messed up and nobody has a perfect hairline anyway, I just want a relatively good hairline, my messy hairstyle wont expose it anyway.

If I am to go with Rahal for my hairline, my concern then is donor hair, which is why I would really like Gho to do all of the treatments and not lose much donor hair, hence why the suggestion appealed to me to get gho for crown and rahal for hairline.

The only problem with starting with traditional hair transplants first, and this goes even for most FUE procedures, is that there will be scarring and there is a possibility that you will lose the option of shaving. Even if Gho's procedure turns out great, you may reach a point where you do not/can not invest any more time and money into hair transplants. Leaving the option of cutting your hair short is very important, especially since it's very difficult to predict the level of baldness you may reach one day.

The best thing to do is to be patient until we know more information. It's tough waiting through your 20s, I would know, I'm in the exact same position, but you don't want to do anything you'll regret. Hopefully Spencer will post the Gho interview soon, patients will share their results, and hopefully Iron_Man will give us a detailed analysis of his procedure. At that point, we should be in a much better position to judge the procedure. Always be careful and never jump into things.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    The only problem with starting with traditional hair transplants first, and this goes even for most FUE procedures, is that there will be scarring and there is a possibility that you will lose the option of shaving. Even if Gho's procedure turns out great, you may reach a point where you do not/can not invest any more time and money into hair transplants. Leaving the option of cutting your hair short is very important, especially since it's very difficult to predict the level of baldness you may reach one day.

The best thing to do is to be patient until we know more information. It's tough waiting through your 20s, I would know, I'm in the exact same position, but you don't want to do anything you'll regret. Hopefully Spencer will post the Gho interview soon, patients will share their results, and hopefully Iron_Man will give us a detailed analysis of his procedure. At that point, we should be in a much better position to judge the procedure. Always be careful and never jump into things.
    But thats like 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards: getting a hair transplant only to shave? The scarring seems very minimal with Gho, it seems like the best procedure.

Question: do you think further treatments can be made to thicken up the hair? He currently does 35-40 grafts per centimetre, but can further procedures be done over an existing area to bump it up to 60/cm?

I think I may have found my answer in regards to density with Gho:

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    i had them on the phone yesterday. they say that they (maastricht) are booked up until november 2012. i had the same question concerning density. it seems that they are basically able to do even very high densities by usage of syringes (injection of grafts), but so far just for smaller procedures like eyebrows or scar tissue. they say that for most baldies higher densities, even its basically possible, it makes no sense insofar, because the bald areas are mostly so big on one hand and they do not more than about 1600-2000 grafts per session on the other hand. so especially for higher nw’s, higher densities makes no sense anyhow for the 1st procedure. but just to fill up small temple areas or so, it seems no problem at all to get a natural look in one session. this is how I understood it.

But thats like 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards: getting a hair transplant only to shave? The scarring seems very minimal with Gho, it seems like the best procedure.
    No, ideally you want everything to work out well. But you always have to plan for the worst. Some people have results that they're not happy with aesthetically, some can't keep up with their baldness, some just get tired of all the hassle and decide to cut their hair short. You always want to have that option to keep things short ideally. Just read all the repair and unsatisfied patients online to find out why.

Question: do you think further treatments can be made to thicken up the hair? He currently does 35-40 grafts per centimetre, but can further procedures be done over an existing area to bump it up to 60/cm?
    Not sure, I've heard he does up to 50 grafts/cm but I'm not positive how much he'll pack in. I haven't seen enough results yet to judge their artistic skill.

I pray for real unlimited donor supply. It should actually be cheaper or competitive with the average hair transplant. I expect good things from Histogen, but if it ever hits the market, I imagine it will be an exclusive and expensive treatment.