+ Reply to Thread

Default Regaine stop/start

Hi... I started noticing I was receeding at the temples slightly at about 17, 5 years ago. As it got worse 3 years ago I started regaine foam on these regions it seemed to work well until 3 months ago when I noticed more receeding. I went to a hair clinic and they prescribed me finasteride. Proscar that I split in fifths. When I started taking this I stopped the regaine and thought nothing of it. Although as I started proscar and stopped regaine I seemed to have a massive shed lots of hair in the bath and on the pillow for about a month, it's not as bad now but my hair has thinned a lot. I'm not sure if this shedding is the inital shed on finasteride to make room for new hair or the shedding from stopping regaine but it didn't seem to work that well. Do I go back on regaine or hope the hair will regrow? Any answers would be fantastic, thanks Danny

Quote Originally Posted by danny89 View Post
    Hi... I started noticing I was receeding at the temples slightly at about 17, 5 years ago. As it got worse 3 years ago I started regaine foam on these regions it seemed to work well until 3 months ago when I noticed more receeding. I went to a hair clinic and they prescribed me finasteride. Proscar that I split in fifths. When I started taking this I stopped the regaine and thought nothing of it. Although as I started proscar and stopped regaine I seemed to have a massive shed lots of hair in the bath and on the pillow for about a month, it's not as bad now but my hair has thinned a lot. I'm not sure if this shedding is the inital shed on finasteride to make room for new hair or the shedding from stopping regaine but it didn't seem to work that well. Do I go back on regaine or hope the hair will regrow? Any answers would be fantastic, thanks Danny
    Yes, go back, you can't just automatically stop using regaine. Your probably loosing what you gain from regain or shedding from fin. Your made the same error has I did, a year ago. Worst mistake of my life. If your going to stop using regaine then stop using it little by little.

Thanks for answring..I stopped taking it altogether about 2 months ago is it too late now? would it be an idea to start it again but just once a day then come off of it? Are you back on regaine then Dex?

Quote Originally Posted by danny89 View Post
    Thanks for answring..I stopped taking it altogether about 2 months ago is it too late now? would it be an idea to start it again but just once a day then come off of it? Are you back on regaine then Dex?
    No problem mate, I myself had stop using rogaine(I'm from the US) for 2 months and I shed a lot. Yes, I'm back on rogaine and you should get back on it to prevent further sheds. If your trying to come off it, Try getting back on it by using this regime

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays-am/pm.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays- AM only

for about 4 months or until you gain some growth and from there use it once everyday for 3 months. Then every other day, for 2 months, 2x a week for a month and you can pretty much stop if you don't shed.

Keep in mind, that this routine might not work for you. I'm still on rogaine and probably would never stop using it, EVER.