+ Reply to Thread

Default James Bond interview with Dr Gho

While we are still waiting Kobren-Gho interview I thought this would be interesting read, HST was known back in 2005, means its been around for 7 years

http://www.baldnessbattlers.com/JBInterviewGho.htm

JB: 14) I’m certain that you believe HST is a viable interim alternative while patients await the arrival of HM. HST obviously increases the overall number of harvested donor follicles that are possible. What do you feel the potential range of donor follicles is when performing HST? (IOW, by re-harvesting donor hairs over and over, what range of donor follicles can patients expect to yield in total before their donor site is exhausted?)

Dr. Gho: In theory, it is possible to use the same donor area / donor hair follicles again without any limitation. Practically, our main goal is to achieve a natural result. Therefore, it is not necessary to have more than 2 to 3 treatments for the frontal area and 2 to 3 treatments for the crown.

You cannot use the same donor area too many times. The follicle does grow back but every time it does, i think it does in a different configuration which is hard for the technique to do it successfully again but you can still get enough hair and much more than conventional HT.

I asked them about this long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    You cannot use the same donor area too many times. The follicle does grow back but every time it does, i think it does in a different configuration which is hard for the technique to do it successfully again but you can still get enough hair and much more than conventional HT.

I asked them about this long ago.
    Maybe after a few extractions of the SAME follicular unit - but I still can't find a really good and plausible reason for "a different configuration". The following is what I know and you guys were able to SEE the same too:

Check out this photo:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/3/...3uk-Day-15.jpg

Do you really think that the doctor or technician, who extracts HST grafts once again in the same (observation) area, knows “which FU is which FU” ?

In other words, even just after 15 days after extractions, this problem already applies for a big part of the regrown FU’s (if you compare them with the not extracted FU's next to them) – you simply CAN’T know anymore (is it an already extracted and regrown FU or not?) which FU is which FU!

When gc83uk gets his 3rd HST procedure, I’m pretty sure that after this event we will finally know the answer.

Maradona mate, did you get a Gho procedure in the end? Hope you're doing we'll BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Do you really think that the doctor or technician, who extracts HST grafts once again in the same (observation) area, knows “which FU is which FU” ?

In other words, even just after 15 days after extractions, this problem already applies for a big part of the regrown FU’s (if you compare them with the not extracted FU's next to them) – you simply CAN’T know anymore (is it an already extracted and regrown FU or not?) which FU is which FU!
    Just have a dot or two tattooed to your scalp; problem solved.